You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Match of the Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:56pm
Tonight’s version was great 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Agree 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 11:05pm
My favourite episode was when Man U beat Ipswich 9-0 and Des Lynham said not to ‘put the kettle on.’

Or the time Shrewsbury hammered Marine 11-2 in the FA Cup and the showed the highlights to the tune of ‘Always look on the bright side of life’ from Life of Brian.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 11:32pm
Prefer MotD 2 with Mark Chapman but will watch the Saturday nights show on the Sunday morning when having breakfast. Prefer the match highlights they do over others as I think the match commentary is better.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 3:55am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Huge live 6 Nations game tomorrow. If that was affected then it would really start to damage the BBC. Will look very poor form if Gobby Logan and co show up for that one.

I think motd is far bigger than a rugby game between Scotland and Ireland. 

Well there's a quantifiable thing if ever there was one
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Huge live 6 Nations game tomorrow. If that was affected then it would really start to damage the BBC. Will look very poor form if Gobby Logan and co show up for that one.

Paulie.  Do you think the English public will tuning in their drones to Ireland v Scotland on the bbc.  The numbers will be tiny compared to what MOTD normally gets. The poster was trying to say that the game today would be a huge test for the bbc.  Football dwarfs rugby in England and especially a game not involving England.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 10:49am
AKA pedantic kunt
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 11:55am

Paulie.  Do you think the English public will tuning in their drones to Ireland v Scotland on the bbc.  The numbers will be tiny compared to what MOTD normally gets. The poster was trying to say that the game today would be a huge test for the bbc.  Football dwarfs rugby in England and especially a game not involving England.  

MOTD averages around 2m viewers per week I think. An England v Ireland rugby game wouldn't get anywhere near that for the BBC never mind a Scotland game.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

MOTD averages around 2m viewers per week I think. An England v Ireland rugby game wouldn't get anywhere near that for the BBC never mind a Scotland game.
Ths data is a few years old (2015), but Ireland v Scotland got 5.1m BBC viewers, England/France that year got 8m, MOTD at that stage was about 2m, England games in WC2014 were getting 14m BBC viewers

Edited by Shedite - 12 Mar 2023 at 12:19pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Ths data is a few years old (2015), but Ireland v Scotland got 5.1m BBC viewers, England/France that year got 8m, MOTD at that stage was about 2m, England games in WC2014 were getting 14m BBC viewers

Ah I f*cked that up there Embarrassed I had a late one in fairness..
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Match Of The Day viewing figures up half a million with no hosts after Gary Lineker crisis

Match Of The Day viewing figures were up to 2.58million from last Saturday's figure of 2.09million, according to BARB overnights

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-match-day-viewing-figures-29435870

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 1:20pm
Of course they were but it’s just a form rubber necking. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I await a grovelling apology from Baldrick.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 2:39pm

Of course they were but it’s just a form rubber necking. 
Exactly. Over 4mill watched him in his jocks when Leicester won the league
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 4:45pm
will buy you a pint Paulie 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 5:22pm
I'll believe it when I see it
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:19am
He's back this weekend for the City v Clarets tie . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

He's back this weekend for the City v Clarets tie . 

That’s what brought him back.  Burnley the home of a successful integration programme. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic