You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Match of the Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Always liked Lineker, even as a player. Don’t know how people think he’s “smug”. An all around good guy.
Clapalways watch the re run on Sunday mornings 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

What Lineker said was 100% right.
The Home Secretary spoke about the migrants as being an invasion before then farming them off to Rwanda. Lineker said describing it in this manner was similar to the language used by Germany in the 30s and said its. He's exactly right in what he's saying.

The tories are vile creatures who expect everyone to row in behind them. Lineker voiced his opinion and unfortunately there are Torie rats placed in every high rank of society in the UK and he's being singled out for making them look bad.

Kudos to his fellow presenters, pundits and commentators for standing by him and not being scabs. 

Its the british public that keeps on voting for the tories, the tories represent what the british public want
Correct. Wouldn’t tar them all but a large part of the population are racists/bigots. The Tory party are feeding this. Even more disgusting is the fact some of the policy makers are from immigrant families.
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 2:14pm

Always liked Lineker, even as a player. Don’t know how people think he’s “smug”. An all around good guy.

Well, there is this, for a start.

Nobody's going to be talking about this now, though.

Hmm.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Fair play to them, but honestly, who is still watching MOTD in 2023?

Official Premier League highlights are up on Youtube 10 minutes after games and theres no sh*te forced banter and awful analysis from a bunch of moany aul bollockses.

I watch it every week on iPlayer. Concisely put together, brings you up to speed if you haven't seen many live games.

Watch it every week myself, as well as MOTD2, whether live or on catch-up 
I wouldn’t watch many live EPL games these days, used to not miss many.
Usually just watch City and the big games involving other teams these days
Always catch up with MOTD though 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 3:22pm
I like that they focus on the best game yeah week rather than focusing on the big teams like other stations. If Leeds V Brighton ends up being the best game today that goes on first rather than the big teams like Liverpool / Spurs etc
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Sheedy11 Sheedy11 wrote:

Hmm.

Hmmm.. Because no one actually gives two f*cks about wether Her Majesty's Revenue thinks he is a freelancer, BBC employee etc.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 3:41pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 3:59pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Huge live 6 Nations game tomorrow. If that was affected then it would really start to damage the BBC. Will look very poor form if Gobby Logan and co show up for that one.

I think motd is far bigger than a rugby game between Scotland and Ireland. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sheedy11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheedy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Hmm.

Hmmm.. Because no one actually gives two f*cks about wether Her Majesty's Revenue thinks he is a freelancer, BBC employee etc.

What does the italics mean? That you think people shouldn't contribute to a national revenue collection agency to fund essential services because of the HM  part of the name?!

The point is that he's a prolific tax-dodger and one of a number of high-profile figures caught up in the infamous Paradise Papers scandal. This is a pretty big deal to many of us.

He is an extremely wealthy individual who avoids paying his taxes, perhaps illegally, despite having tens of millions in in the bank - a large amount of which he pocketed during his several years working in the employ of the Qatari state.

If he wants to engage in posting cheap, cost-free virtue-signalling rhetoric on social media to increase his profile and boost his ego, that's all well and good.

But you know what would really make a difference to those less fortunate in society? Rich c**ts like him starting to pay their f**king taxes.
CantonasCat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantonasCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 5:41pm

Huge live 6 Nations game tomorrow. If that was affected then it would really start to damage the BBC. Will look very poor form if Gobby Logan and co show up for that one.

I thought I heard 6 nations commentary on 5 Live earlier - Italy v Wales? Was disappointed !  Obvs want the chaos to continue !
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 6:19pm
LOL Someone really doesn’t like Gary 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 6:25pm
Would many on here watch MOTD?

I never do and haven't for donkeys years.  I'll look at the results and that does me.  Don't even have interest in watching the goals.  The only time I ever see it is if I am in a pub and its on the telly.

I'll have Sky games on in the background while I am on the computer.

The analysis is the most interesting part of watching football on Sky. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 6:50pm

What does the italics mean? That you think people shouldn't contribute to a national revenue collection agency to fund essential services because of the HM  part of the name?!

The point is that he's a prolific tax-dodger and one of a number of high-profile figures caught up in the infamous Paradise Papers scandal. This is a pretty big deal to many of us.

He is an extremely wealthy individual who avoids paying his taxes, perhaps illegally, despite having tens of millions in in the bank - a large amount of which he pocketed during his several years working in the employ of the Qatari state.

If he wants to engage in posting cheap, cost-free virtue-signalling rhetoric on social media to increase his profile and boost his ego, that's all well and good.

But you know what would really make a difference to those less fortunate in society? Rich c**ts like him starting to pay their f**king taxes.

OK Boris, relax.

I love Gary.Heart
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think motd is far bigger than a rugby game between Scotland and Ireland. 

It is in terms of viewers I'm sure. But it's just a highlights show at the same time. Presenters and analysts aren't as important. Plus they can get the commentary from the world feed. 

Whereas if the rugby crowd showed some balls tomorrow and refused to work, you would have the bizarre spectacle of a live sport broadcast with no host, no analysis and no commentary.

But I fully expect Logan to toe the line and scab for the BBC.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

OK Boris, relax.

I love Gary.Heart

Only Fools And Horses Gary Scene GIFs | Tenor
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I never do and haven't for donkeys years.  I'll look at the results and that does me.  Don't even have interest in watching the goals.  The only time I ever see it is if I am in a pub and its on the telly.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of the EPL fan but it's one of the last piece of live football I'd tune into myself just out of habit.

Edited by irelandfan - 11 Mar 2023 at 10:27pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Stopped watching it about 10 years ago.

Sky Sports Youtube channel upload the highlights straight after games, can flick thought all of the days games in less than 20 minutes without the sh*te banter and sh*te "analysis" from out of touch pundits with outdated and biased views that goes with MOTD.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic