Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joey Barton @ it again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 4:10pm
Collymore and Rio F having words on Twitter
Coolly more twice tweeting SaoirsešŸ€
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 1:30pm

Joey Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England

QPR midfielder Joey Barton claims that whilst he only notched one cap for England he would have won 100 caps for his country if he was Northern Irish, Welsh or Scottish. 

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Joey Barton: I'd have 100 caps for any home nation but England

QPR midfielder Joey Barton claims that whilst he only notched one cap for England he would have won 100 caps for his country if he was Northern Irish, Welsh or Scottish. 

Doedn't mention all the games he would have missed through suspension. Embarrassed
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 4:36pm
According to Joey.

The cigar incident

Warts and all, hereā€™s what happened

We were all out a Manchester City Christmas party. Weā€™d been out since midday on the lash and things were going pretty well. Being daft young lads, we were all burning little holes in each otherā€™s costumes. I think Robbie Fowler started it. Then everyone started having a go.

But it was all just a laugh. I donā€™t remember doing it, but I must have set fire to Jamieā€™s costume at one point, because later on in the evening he started getting a little bit aggressive with me and trying to wind me up. Itā€™s a bit of a ritual at those kind of dos that everyone has to get up and sing a song. So when his turn came around, he got up and started singing a song about how much he hated scousers and kind of aiming it at me. He was in the reserves at the time, and all the first team players told him to shut up and stop acting like a dick.

A few hours later, weā€™ve all gone back to the hotel and changed into our normal clothes, and I was sat on a table with Danny Mills and Bradley Wright-Phillips having a quiet drink. The next thing I remember is thinking, ā€œf**king hell, whatā€™s that?ā€

I looked round and the bottom six inches of my shirt were on fire

I looked round and the bottom six inches of my shirt were on fire. I had to take the whole shirt off and stamp the fire out. And Tandy was stood a few feet away from me, looking away from me with a big grin on his face. You know that ā€˜it was me, but it wasnā€™t meā€™ look? Everyone knew it was him. Iā€™ll be completely honest here; I went to grab something to smack him with. I was a bit pissed and heā€™d just tried to set me on fire. There was an ashtray on the table. Thankfully that was attached to the table. So I grabbed Danny Millsā€™ cigar that was in it the ashtray and went to stub it out on the back of his neck.

But he clocked that something was going on, and turned around to see what was happening and I got him on the eyelid. Itā€™s bad I know, I was drunk and angry after the f**king idiot had set my shirt on fire. He went off to the gents with his brother to take care of it.

I was really worried

Then I spoke to Sylvain Distin, who was the club captain at the time, explained what had happened and we went to find him in the toilet and see if he was alright. I was really worried. I didnā€™t want to blind the stupid f**ker. As me and Sylvain were walking over to the gents, his brother came flying out of the toilet and tried to hit me, then Jamie came flying out too. It was a bit mental for a few minutes. But the boys separated it and we all went our own ways home.

He went out on loan to Scandinavia

The next time I went into training I tried to speak to him and explain that the best thing we could do was play the whole thing down: just say it was a daft drunken understanding. I wouldnā€™t make a big deal of him setting me on fire, if he played down the injury to his eye. I tried to explain that I was in the first team and that things would go my way: thatā€™s how football works ā€“ they protect their most valuable investments. He wouldnā€™t have any of it though, and went to the papers for a few quid. We both got fined. He went out on loan to Scandinavia, I think. And his career kinda tailed off after that.

Edited by heppies - 13 Apr 2015 at 4:38pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 5:18am

QPR midfielder Joey Barton, 32, seemed to enjoy Lionel Messi's second goal for Barcelona in their Champions League semi-final first-leg win over Bayern Munich. "Can't believe some people actually think Cristiano is better," he wrote on Twitter.  "The man is playing a different game from everyone else. That's two World Cup winners he's just sent for the papers."

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 8:29am
heppies View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 10:04am

And of course nobody could ever accuse Barton of being a bad egg. Embarrassed
Dear Old Roker View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Old Roker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by heppies heppies wrote:

Ā 
[URL=http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3075717/Queens-Park-Rangers-midfielder-Joey-Barton-hits-two-bad-eggs-Premier-League-relegation-confirmed.html&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=PVpQVYuoF-us7AafmIOACg&ved=0CDgQqQIwBw&usg=AFQjCNFl5aL_YzJcpEQbenibwtvwzkIS3g" rel="nofollow]Joey Barton hits out at 'two bad eggs' in the Queens Park Rangers dressing room before Premier League relegation is ...[/URL]
<DIV style="PADDING-TOP: 2px"><SPAN ="f">-</SPAN>
Ā 
Ā 

And of course nobody could ever accuse Barton of being a bad egg. Embarrassed

The mans a total ****.
The Roker Roar will never die
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 5:25am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 6:02am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:09am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 5:18am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2015 at 5:20am
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 12:23pm
leeds apparently have offered him a contract but it doesn't look likely at the minute
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 12:25pm
Perfect match
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 1:33pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Perfect match

would love him at Leeds (and that's fair comment I guess!!)
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 1:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic