You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ronaldo Boo Boys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:41am
Ronaldo was also cheered in fairness. Always going to happen to the best players
Sponsored Links

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:48am

Real Madrid's record £80m signing Cristiano Ronaldo was constantly booed by some fans on his debut as the Spanish side beat Shamrock Rovers 1-0.

The winger left Manchester United to join Real this summer but had a bow to forget as he came off at half-time.

Ronaldo also suffered taunts of "who are ya?" when he sent a free-kick wide before Karim Benzema's late winner.

from the BBC site, love it LOL
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Real Madrid's record £80m signing Cristiano Ronaldo was constantly booed by some fans on his debut as the Spanish side beat Shamrock Rovers 1-0.

The winger left Manchester United to join Real this summer but had a bow to forget as he came off at half-time.

Ronaldo also suffered taunts of "who are ya?" when he sent a free-kick wide before Karim Benzema's late winner.

from the BBC site, love it LOL

A bow to forget?? WTF?  It was a pre-season friendly FFS, of course he was only gonna play one half, sure Pellegrini took EVERY outfield player off at half-time!  Jaysus......
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:56am

Lions fans singing Sweeeeeeeet Chariot……now that was an embarrassment for sport in general LOL

HM if you knew anything about the liosn then you would know that the fans of all teams sing their own songs ,

do you honestly think any irish , scottish or welsh man joined in to sing that sh1te?? don't be daft..

have to admit i joined in for bread of heaven in brisbane in 2001 thoughThumbs%20Up
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:58am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Lions fans singing Sweeeeeeeet Chariot……now that was an embarrassment for sport in general LOL

HM if you knew anything about the liosn then you would know that the fans of all teams sing their own songs ,

do you honestly think any irish , scottish or welsh man joined in to sing that sh1te?? don't be daft..

have to admit i joined in for bread of heaven in brisbane in 2001 thoughThumbs%20Up

That bait was there for BSM, not you Milla Thumbs%20Down

Edited by Honey Monster - 21 Jul 2009 at 7:58am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 7:58am

You're a greedy **** Milla.........
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 8:05am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

You're a greedy **** Milla.........

LOLLOL

Hunga
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 8:06am

That bait was there for BSM, not you Milla Thumbs%20Down

BSM is wise to all your tricks HM... LOL

OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 9:01am
We also sang Youll never play for Rovers. Get over it its only banter ...
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 10:01am
Ronaldo was booed when we played Portugal in a friendly in Lansdowne aswell,along with any oppostion player who plays or played for Manchester United.He was always going to get a few boos but there was nothing malicious about it,just part of the panto that surrounds him..
Theres only one sport that matters..
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 10:32am
Im sure  Madrid cant wait to come back next year,id say they will go somewere were they are appreciated,clowns
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 10:35am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Ronaldo was booed...and rightly so.
Heinze was booed (diving ***t)
Dudek was booed.

They were applauded of the pitch at the end,along with the rovers team, and isn't that what sport is about i.e. rivalry and try intimidate the opposition.

Ah sure next time we'll all throw roses at them
Yeah in a competitive game
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 10:50am
The Herald makes for cringeworthy reading (as always) surrounding the circus Ronaldo.  Some young wans blagged their way in, no tickets, not even football fans just to see Ronaldo.  "He's gorgeous, etc etc......" Angry
DTID View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 11:04am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Im sure  Madrid cant wait to come back next year,id say they will go somewere were they are appreciated,clowns

Maybe he can go to your house then and you can rub oil on him and such Wink
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 11:18am
O no, booing a football game???????

What has the world come to??

OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 11:22am

Embarrassed Me thinks you like Ronaldo a little much
MariborKev View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 6:01pm

AS it was broadcast all over da world on SKY doesnt paint a good picture of Rovers or Irish football fans in general,was Heinze booed or Dudek?You get one of the best players in the world to play in your stadium then you boo him.And it was rovers fans booing not just "barstoolers"-whatever they are

Seriously?

He was playing for a foreign team, against an Irish team. 

Wise up.  Player gets booed shocker.  Sure send him your leprechaun hat in the postConfused
Saint Sylvester View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Sylvester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 4:16am
So some overpaid, over hyped, selfish, media hoor, cheating prima dona got a few boo's, big deal.

I'd love to go back to the days when entire teams got stick and a few boo's when playing here, non of this old can't say anything that may offened craic.
 I'm sure he'll get a lot worse when he visits the Nou Camp next season, plus he''ll be able to see Messi the best player in the world once again destroy the team he's playing for like Messi did back in Rome in May.
See I don't give a f**k, thats my problem,I see a mudda f**king cop I don't dodge em. NWA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic