FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMiller and Connolly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miller and Connolly
    Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 9:09am
Roy Keane, called it a disgrace that both Liam Miller and David Connolly were over looked again. As it's Roy Keane talking people will automaically agree with him, personally I think Liam Miller deserves a call up but I just can't see Connolly adding to the squad....
If Sunderland do get promoted I wonder how many starts both players will get next season?
Sponsored Links

él Statutorio View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 9:19am
connolly will probably be sold, usually happens him when his team are promoted.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 9:27am
both among others will definitely be added to the squad.... look at doyle.  Doyle wasnt good enough 2 years ago in the eircom league but now hes first choice alongside Keane...good footballology Stan
L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2007 at 3:09pm
Connolly has become like Darren Huckerby, gets promoted with teams before its back to the Championship soon after.
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2007 at 5:53am
much like David Kelly before him too!
FrancoB View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2007 at 8:06am
yep, yo yo affect with Connolly
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2007 at 1:31pm
keane is a legend.
But before he gives out about Staunton not picking Miller for Ireland, maybe he should play him for Sunderland first!
Jimmy 2 Times View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2007 at 4:17pm
dead right, Keano has to say that as they are his players and he is just giving them a confidence booster whther or not they are good enough. Personally just Connolly for me should be in the squad.
What would Keane have said if the games were in Easter Europe and his placyers were picked in the squad and not played, then having to travel home for a big championship game at the weeked?

dead right, Keano has to say that as they are his players and he is just giving them a confidence booster whther or not they are good enough. Personally just Connolly for me should be in the squad.
What would Keane have said if the games were in Easter Europe and his placyers were picked in the squad and not played, then having to travel home for a big championship game at the weeked?
Ah Shadaapa You Face!

Ah Shadaapa You Face!
Stantastic View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 12:51am
Connolly should be in ahead of the likes of Stokes/Folan but not too sure about Miller. I haven't seen too much of him this year but i think he's underachieved since he's left Celtic.
Ok, who's missing?
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 2:56am
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 2:59am
I dont think Miller ever had it to lose in the first place.  the issue isnt with Mill ernot getting into the squad as hes not good enough, the issue is with Connolly not being selected. 

I dont think Miller ever had it to lose in the first place.  the issue isnt with Mill ernot getting into the squad as hes not good enough, the issue is with Connolly not being selected. 

Edited by Jimmy 2 Times - 22 Mar 2007 at 2:59am
Ah Shadaapa You Face!

Ah Shadaapa You Face!
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 3:02am
he had it for certain when he was at Celtic, he showed flashes of it once or twice at Man Yoo (it didnt help him that McFergie played him on the wing all the time rather than in the middle) When he went on loan to leeds he did very well and he's doing well at sunderland to, mainly i reckon cos he's getting a run of games.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 3:16am
hes doing well there because thats his level. he probably would have got the call up if it wasnt for the media cry out for carsley last time around and now the gaffer is to afraid to make the call.  If results go Stans way and hes a very lucky man, then it could become like what happened with Sven and the England team where the media were picking the team every time.

hes doing well there because thats his level. he probably would have got the call up if it wasnt for the media cry out for carsley last time around and now the gaffer is to afraid to make the call.  If results go Stans way and hes a very lucky man, then it could become like what happened with Sven and the England team where the media were picking the team every time
Ah Shadaapa You Face!

Ah Shadaapa You Face!
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 4:42am

you cant really say that the championship is his level just yet cos he's never had a decent run of consecutive games with a premiership team, i think hes the kind of player who does need a few successive games to find a bit of form, hopefully he'll get that next year with sunderland and hopefully he'll get back to the form which made Man Yoo sign him in the 1st place. Or maybe it is his level, either way we wont know till he gets a run in the premiership.

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 5:02am
mediocre player, mediocre club at the moment....sunderland mightnt even go up this year. They will take another few years with Roy and a lot more spending before they will be able to stay in the premiership if promoted.  They have the structures but it takes a lot more than that/ Look at what happens every year with the championship clubs. They might execl for the first year if lucky (wigan last year and reading this year) but they get found out in year 2. miller is one of the players who will be found out I think.  I'l love to see him step up to the mark as the next Roy Keane but I thinks its a bit too late now. Made a bad move early in his career which cost him devlopment in the game as he sat on the bench.

mediocre player, mediocre club at the moment....sunderland mightnt even go up this year. They will take another few years with Roy and a lot more spending before they will be able to stay in the premiership if promoted.  They have the structures but it takes a lot more than that/ Look at what happens every year with the championship clubs. They might execl for the first year if lucky (wigan last year and reading this year) but they get found out in year 2. miller is one of the players who will be found out I think.  I'l love to see him step up to the mark as the next Roy Keane but I thinks its a bit too late now. Made a bad move early in his career which cost him devlopment in the game as he sat on the bench.

Edited by Jimmy 2 Times - 22 Mar 2007 at 5:03am
Ah Shadaapa You Face!

Ah Shadaapa You Face!
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 5:11am
possibly but i think you may be jumping the gun. I do think that sunderland will get promoted this year (automatically i might add) but i'm not sure if theye're ready for promotion, keane bought well when he went shopping but think he bought with the championship in mind and a lot money would hae to be spent to get playes of premiership quality, they have a few but not enough.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 5:43am
would like to see wolves go up aswell and preston look fairly handy but its always the same teams there or thereabouts.  I think sunderalnd will get promoted one way but we'll see what keanes made of in the prem.  Hope they go up as would be good to see them up as a lot of irish plying there trade there.  anyway back to original point, miller isnt as good as ireland, carsley, douglas, s.reid, kavanagh  or even Killer kilbane in the centre. better than OShea though.
Ah Shadaapa You Face!

Ah Shadaapa You Face!
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2007 at 6:36am

if wolves go up they'll be destroyed, they only have a goal diff of about +5 or so at the moment, they'll crash and burn in the prem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic