Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

david bentley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 6:15pm
Been told bentley and Distin will be signing this week. Thumbs%20Up
Sponsored Links

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Sono_il_capo Sono_il_capo wrote:

And that’s a good thing Sono?!

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Originally posted by Sono_il_capo Sono_il_capo wrote:

And that’s a good thing Sono?!

Well Monster Bentley can be good on his day and if anyone can get the best out of him it will be Martin. He is not great in the transfer market but he is good at getting the best out of middle of the road players.

Distin I think is a good centre half which we need, very solid so yes I think this is good news Thumbs%20Up

Would love the Yak @ the club too, he is a class finisher.

Edited by Sono_il_capo - 30 Jun 2009 at 3:17am
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:29am

Fair enough Sono, you are correct in saying that O’Neill can get the best out of players. Bit unsure of Distan though. No one can replace Laursen though…..my number 1 fantasy football defender Cry

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:38am
He was a fookin rock alright, u dont play with AC Milan and not be a good defender (except for Senderos of course) Obviously I would prefer some better signings but MON has a policy of either English or ex celtic players and it fookin wrecks my head.

It is well known that MON isn't good in the transfer market. Emile Heskey,Harewood,Sutton,Salifou,Routledge,Shorey to name but a few! Angry
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:42am
Unfair comment,every manager buys dudes,benitez has waaaaay more than that
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 3:45am
HE signed sutton,lennon+balde at celtic-backbone of his success there
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:00am
BSM I have spoken to Celtic fans about his transfer dealings and they back up what I have said above.

It's not an unfair comment at all, he has made some good buys with Villa but there has been serious money wasted, £9m for Reo Coker, £3.5m Harewood, £5m Sidwell, £8m for Cuellar, £3.5m for Heskey.

That's almost £30m I would say was not well spent.

Also I couldn't care less what Rafa does in the transfer market we are talking about MON here.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:07am
Yes some shocking buys at villa but some v good ones at celtic,im sure his record up there speaks for itself,he cud sell ashley young for twice what he paid for him
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:11am
If Chelsea come in for Young then I would imagine we would get close to £25m for him. I am not sayin that I think that he is worth that or anything but a young english talent just names Young PFA bullsh*t and the media are good at hyping these players up so if we got £25m I would say very good business.

His record @ Celtic was excellent alright and I can't argue with you there, just saying what some Celtic fans have told me about his transfer dealings.

We really need to add a serious amount of quality players this summer and not adding sh*te on top of the sh*te that's already there, totally found out after Christmas with the buys he made.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:15am
Swapping baros for carew was great businessThumbs%20Up
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:33am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Swapping baros for carew was great businessThumbs%20Up

Best bit of business anyone could ever have done. Clap

Carew, A.Young,Milner(although a little bit over priced), L.Young and Friedel were all good signings the rest were pretty poor imo.

Edited by Sono_il_capo - 30 Jun 2009 at 4:34am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:41am
Petrov getting better with every season
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 4:45am
Apologies BSM Embarrassed I don't know how I forgot Petrov, player of the season just gone, absolutely top drawer no nonsense midfielder.
bmorgan87 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmorgan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 5:53am
Originally posted by bossofthemoss bossofthemoss wrote:

david bentley came out yesterday saying he is in talks with villa.

can only see this as a good thing, he was quality at blackburn and i think the type of player he is will bring a bit of tactical diversity to villas midfield.

didnt read any other posts in this thread but just avta say..
Wat R U On About!?!
the man is 1 of manyyy over-rated English players!
he isnt better than Palacios, Lennon, Modric, Zakora and many other Spurs midfielders, thats why he'l move on!
I love to see players like him moving to a bigger club, cuz then the english press can finaly stop saying how great he is when they finaly see how crap he really is.. same with that Downing lad..he is brutal! - and i dont think any1 will be stupid enough to buy him, hes in the championship and thats the standard of player he is!
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 5:58am
Thanks for that input Morgan Confused
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 9:22am
Please dont call Martin, MON, every time I read it I think it's slang for a retard.

Bentley overhyped, yes, sh*t, no.
If Villa buy him for 6million Marty could get him back in form and could work out a nice bit of business. All players need a run of games it just never happened at Spurs

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 30 Jun 2009 at 9:23am
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Please dont call Martin, MON, every time I read it I think it's slang for a retard.

Bentley overhyped, yes, sh*t, no.
If Villa buy him for 6million Marty could get him back in form and could work out a nice bit of business. All players need a run of games it just never happened at Spurs

MON is what he is called by all Villa fans on any of their forums so deal with it Hoskins! Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic