FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

david bentley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: david bentley
    Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 4:11pm
They have done it also with Jackie Tyrrell heading to the Miami Marlins MLB team to swop with one of the former catchers.

put em under pressure!
Sponsored Links

roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I don't think i have ever seen Aaron Kernan play anything, i don't think, i would be hugely surprised if he went on to play Association Football at anything beyond local level.
Has Bentley been playing for anyone? He would not have been the first name on my list of ex EPL players to end up kicking points in the GAA!
The point of this show is to 'prove' that an ex intercounty GAA player is as likely to make the cut at top level football as an ex international footballer is to make it at club gaelic football. I believe a hurler is trying baseball.

Watch the uproar if they play it straight and show the Kernan chasing huffing and puffing shadows while a load of 19 year olds run him ragged
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL
Was actually gonna joke saying it wont be long til RTID makes an appearance on this thread

Unbelievable

he's obsessed LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:54pm
I don't think i have ever seen Aaron Kernan play anything, i don't think, i would be hugely surprised if he went on to play Association Football at anything beyond local level.
Has Bentley been playing for anyone? He would not have been the first name on my list of ex EPL players to end up kicking points in the GAA!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:48pm
Nothing unbelievable about it.

What scenario is more likely?

A professional athlete of 20 years taking up an amateur game played over 70 minutes to moderate success

A 31 year old office worker going to an EPL side and making it in a sport he has never played to a high standard.

Only in Ireland would this get past the drawing board.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:55am
LOL
Was actually gonna joke saying it wont be long til RTID makes an appearance on this thread

Unbelievable

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:53am
Wonder seeing as it's Crossmaglen will he be taking part in other activities around there alsoShocked
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:51am

Its this interminible Gah need to be loved as seen by the hissy fit they threw over Hunt's comments. Would be a hoot if the Gah players were way off the pace and added to the fact Bentley seems to have picked up a decent standard of Gaelic in a couple of days.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:35am
a bit of bogball for crossmaglen. hes swooped with Aaron Kernan whos away to Sunderland. its all part of the TV3 programme broadcast on the 9th March
put em under pressure!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 10:35pm
eh what sport is he playing?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 2:46pm
a few vids from last night on youtube. the seconds hilarious LOL

put em under pressure!
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 1:56pm
bentley's a strange one. 

he was not a bad player, nowhere near as good as hyped up to be but not bad. Just don't think he liked playing football or had the hunger to improve.

As for kicking points for Crossmaglen - thought i had dreamt it until i was online today. Bizzare
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by bossofthemoss bossofthemoss wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Gary Cahill on his way back to Villa apparently, �8m. Thumbs%20Up

brilliant, we're starting to look a bit stronger now!

Where'd he end up in the end?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 10:38am
kicked 3 points and very impressive by all accounts
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 10:26am
Anyone up the Crossmaglen way catch his match last night?
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2009 at 2:18am
Rumours this morning is a deal has been agreed for Tuncay to come to Villa, around £7m, this lad would be a quality signing imo.
bossofthemoss View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bossofthemoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 7:38am

albrighton looked like a class act albeit in preseason. i remember hearing we had first option on cahill if bolton were to sell.

a mate of mine knows a coach at villa, he said we've had scouts at newcastle games since the end of last year and in to preseason. i don't know how true it is but it may explain the links. he tipped off the luke young signing last year way before the papers even got it in their gossip column. 

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 6:49am
Don't hold me to that one Boss but it seems he has an 8m buy out clause and would like to come back to us so here's hoping.

Coming in for Bassong off Newcastle now as well apparently, not so sure about that one.

Still though we need another striker and if we get Cahill and Bassong in it mite not look to bad and also some good youngsters coming through as well Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic