You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is this the same McGeady that plays for Ireland?!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIs this the same McGeady that plays for Ireland?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this the same McGeady that plays for Ireland?!
    Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 6:32am
Look at Shaun Dillon he was an average player at shels a bit dodgy on occasions and he is doing well in Scotland.Theres no difference between the leagues bar the old firm.The only difference is that the teams down the bottom of the LOI are a lot poorer than SPL
Sponsored Links

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 6:28am
Derry beat Gretna now of the SPL 5-1 last season in scotland, bohs knocked Aberdeen out of the uefa cup a couple of years ago. I could see Drogs, Pats, Derry, Bohs, Rovers at very least holding their own. Its a poor league without the old firm, lots of ex eircom league players floating around, like hunt at dundee.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 6:17am
in fairness on their day the EL teams could even beat the old firm but over the season i couldnt see the drogs breaking into the top five.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 4:58am
6th place in the SPL for Drogs so!!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 3:05am
cant agree zizu , hearts , hibs and aberdeen would beat any EL team
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 2:45am
Have to agree with all the lads. Scottish league is poor. If you took out the old firm, the top 5 eircom league teams would compeate very well in the SPL.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 5:37pm
The FAI are still selling them Antrim man.

On the McGeady issue, let's just hope a new manager can get the best out of him
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 5:06pm
On that topic, does anyone have a wales ticket for sale? Our supporters club aren't going , but f*uck it, I am!
ernesto guevara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 3:00pm
great points HoneyMonster, ifs a fresh start for everyone now that associates themseleves with the Ireland team.players,fans and media alike should stop dwelling on the past and look to the future,its a clean slate for us all and we should get bhind the lads bigtime next saturday and start for once in our lives when it comes to our country thinking positive and believing our team can take us to the places we want to go.
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 6:12am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

thought you werent goin cause you sold yer ticket Honey Monster?Thumbs%20Down

No one would buy it Cry I'll see you in Wales my friend.....if your little toe is heeled by then Big%20smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 6:06am
hear , hear HM and down with the boo boys , even those who get on o'sheas back. feck i wish we had this manager thing sorted though. It will have to be doen before the FAI come looking for cash for tickets for the next year in croker though...
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 6:04am
thought you werent goin cause you sold yer ticket Honey Monster?Thumbs%20Down
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 6:02am
I think we're far from any sort of golden generation at the moment! I do think we have the players for a decent generation but confidence is shattered in the green jersey and i hope that's the one thing we get outta wales; a restored confidence with the likes of aidan playin a stormer and keane and doyle gettin a goal or 2.
I felt sorry for mcgeady the last few ireland games - it was as if the crowd were just waiting for his first mistake to slate him; that's a loada ball0x - its very english-esque and must be put an end to.
wales is a new start for everyone; players and fans
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 5:38am
Hard to argue with that LY, especially the Miller/Stokes comparisons as well. We're in danger of getting like the English fans/media in overhyping our own players.  Let's not go down that road of Golden Generations, like the rugby did, spare me please.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 5:27am
I remember another Celtic keeper praising the bjaysus out off a one Liam Miller after a great champions league game. "He is possibly the best young midfielder in the world"..well we all know how that prediction has turned out.
Anthony Stokes gets 3 hat tricks in the SPL and can't score in the Premiership and only got a few in the Championship. The SPL is of a very poor standard and Celtic doing great at home 3 times a year in the Champions League is not ever really going to tell us how good McGeady is or isn't. I hope he comes good but Boruc's comments are so far off the mark it's embarrasing for McGeady.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 5:19am
Subtle changes.....says strachan

f**kin drastic changes are needed in his game.

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 5:12am
All team mates praise their own, come on we all do it even in our own Junior Leagues.  Last night was McGeady's best game in a Celtic shirt but he's gotta start performing like that conistently.  He isn't the first and won't be the last who hasn't been able to reproduce his club form into the international stage, but he's still young and let's give him a chance.  At least he's arsed turning up, wanted to play for Ireland from a very young age and as I already said, if the next Irish Gaffer trusts him, he'll come through.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2007 at 5:08am
We've been saying he has the talent to go serious places for a few years now, that's my point. He hasn't made any big progression over the last few years, he hasn't developed to the level everyone expected, including intelligent football people like Giles who calls him average.

And Roger, have you never shouted and roared at a player after a misplaced pass?! Fans don't just start shouting and roaring at players when they first come in and make a few dodgy passes, it's a gradual build up, the same way John O'Shea has people on his back now.

As for Boruc, there's praising a team mate and there's talking cr*p. McGeady is going to be under more pressure now from everyone cos he's now the new Ronaldo apparently. And saying he would be the English no 1 isn't really that much of an endorsement looking at Robinson.

PS Shay would walk into 99% of the teams in the world, with maybe Buffon, head wreck Petr Cech and Casillas stopping him in my humble opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic