You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The cricket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:31pm
Gutted I missed that.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 5:42pm
Cook sacked as England ODI captain and replaced by the turncoat Eoin Morgan
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 12:38am
Australian bowlers running f**king riot here. 4 wickets taken in the 1st half hour leaving India on 87/5 having lost the 4 wickets for 11 runs and lost a batsman to injury
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Cook sacked as England ODI captain and replaced by the turncoat Eoin Morgan
Best decision they've ever made, I wouldnt even have him as test captain at the minute!!

And bit much calling Morgan a turncoat, he wanted to play test cricket, the authorities have made it impossible at the moment for Ireland to do so, so he had to go where he could to do so, he's in shocking form at the minute as well LOL england be lucky to make it out of the groups as their bowling attack is pathetic at the moment, will need broad and anderson to really step up
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 12:48am
The Boxing Day Test Match is underway at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. 

Forum member Trap Junior has just asked me why anybody would like test cricket. I could only explain it as follows. 

Imagine watching 8 hours of cricket in a day. For five days in a row. And then the game ends in a draw. 40 hours of cricket. How could anybody possibly find that boring? The answer is, I don't know. 

The cricket - what a sport. Clap

Edited by sid waddell - 26 Dec 2014 at 12:49am
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 12:51am
Always end my Xmas day with the boxing day test
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Always end my Xmas day with the boxing day test

Shame it's not an Ashes one every year   

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 5:05pm
Anyone watching the T20 final. Should be a close finish
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 5:20pm
I expected the Windies to blow them away.

Not happening like that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 6:03pm
Cracking finish here hon the Windies

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 6:05pm
Windies

19 needed of the last over and theyve gotten three sixes off the first 3 balls of it

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 6:07pm
And another six to win it

England

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 6:15pm
Absolutly phenomenal finish. Some of the greatest cricket ever seen by Braithwaite
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 6:17pm
Delighted for Simmons
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 7:22pm
An exciting finish but nothing compared to the majesty of the true form of the game - test cricket.

Give me a drawn New Zealand v Pakistan tactical blockfest from Napier any 4 am of the week.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 7:59pm
Was a great game, windies was the last leg of a 5 team acca, 310 for 10, great stuff
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 8:20pm
my god ben stokes bottled it. terrible delivery's from a very good cricketer

fantastic slugging braithwaite but jesus don't bowl short on a slow pitch in the last over.

im with you sid :) say you were a huge mike atherton fan. loved a tedious 50.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

my god ben stokes bottled it. terrible delivery's from a very good cricketer

fantastic slugging braithwaite but jesus don't bowl short on a slow pitch in the last over.

im with you sid :) say you were a huge mike atherton fan. loved a tedious 50.

England v Australia in the 3rd test at Old Trafford in 2005 is my favourite match of all-time. Nothing in sport to match a brilliantly contested, dramatic draw. 

Athers' famous 185 not out in 165 overs in the second innings at the Wanderers in 1995 to secure England the draw is my favourite sporting moment (or two full days, to be precise) of all-time. Unreal. It was diligence, stoicism, selflessness and endurance like that that preserved the Empire for so long. 

Edited by sid waddell - 03 Apr 2016 at 9:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic