You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The cricket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:24am
OLE OLE OLE OLE
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:24am
decent Ireland crowd there!!!IRELAND WIN!!!!!
Theres only one sport that matters..
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:25am
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:25am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

what does that mean..... are Ireland winning?

I think he just posted his PIN number by mistake
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:25am
Get the fook in! Fittingly finished with an o brien boundry..what a year to be irish!
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:25am
we fooking rock

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:26am
Any sign of The Boston Celt thereClap. He was at the cricket World Cup supporting Ireland Clap

Well done YBIG(t) Big%20smile

Edited by AidoM - 08 Jun 2009 at 10:26am
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:27am
into the Super 8 phase now!!
Theres only one sport that matters..
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:28am
boston celt must be there , a mate of mien who knows him is there will text and see
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:31am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

boston celt must be there , a mate of mien who knows him is there will text and see

Roger you're over there too long LOL
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:39am
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Roger you're over there too long LOL

LOLLOLLOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:46am
CRICKET HEROS ARE UP THERE WITH GRAND SLAM RUGBY GUYS
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 11:38am
Apparently Ian Botham tweeted a pic of his knob this morning by accident LOL

He says he was hacked.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:36am
Finely balanced Test Match between Australia and India here on Day 3. India probably with the advantage at this stage - 408 in the first inning, Aussies 243/5 so far in reply. Aussies haven't lost a test at the Gabba since 1988. 

I'm going to watch this until 1am at least.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:54am
Ireland suddenly becomes the topic of discussion in the commentary box.

Shane Warne talking about hurling. "The best live sport you'll ever see". He couldn't remember what match a touring Australian party of which he was a member attended, but knows Kilkenny were involved. I can tell him now it was the drawn 1993 Leinster final against Wexford, because I was at it and heard the Aussies were there.

Mark Nicholas also recounting a story about how Sir Gary Sobers' West Indies team played Ireland here in the 1960s, and the night before the game their Irish hosts took them out in Dublin. Ireland bowled them out for 60 the next day. 

It's wonderful tangents like this that make cricket commentary what it is.

Edited by sid waddell - 19 Dec 2014 at 12:55am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 1:01am
Twas watching it myself Sidney. Warney is adamant it was Kilkenny-Galway.

Love the commentary on the English and Australian channels. The other countries just tend to talk about the play like it is a football match.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Twas watching it myself Sidney. Warney is adamant it was Kilkenny-Galway.

Love the commentary on the English and Australian channels. The other countries just tend to talk about the play like it is a football match.
It wasn't. Somebody erroneously tweeted that to him as Warney knew it was some sort of final. Definitely the drawn Leinster final (July 11th) - Kilkenny 2-14 Wexford 1-17 - Kilkenny equalised with the last puck of the game with a magnificent point by Eamon Morrissey - Australia played Ireland the previous day - I remember Ger Canning mentioning that they were there during the commentary on The Sunday Game, and spin bowler Tim May was interviewed on the radio at half-time during it. 

Hell of a random commentary reference though to read out the result of an All-Ireland final from over 20 years ago during a Test match though.

Edited by sid waddell - 19 Dec 2014 at 1:18am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 12:11pm
I would be more inclined to bow and side with your knowledge and memory Sidney, as opposed to Warney
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic