Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sean St Ledger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:37am

Kilbane's reaction sort of gave it away, he just stood there with his hands on his head not giving out to anyone, especially St Ledger. I think he knew he fooked up.

Sponsored Links

billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:55am
kilbane - close to record number of caps, St Ledger on his competitive debut? -Kilbane needed to, and should have dealt with it. whatever about him not dealing withthe ball, he was'nt even aware of the bulgarian behind him  which i suppose is understandable as left full is not his natural position...

I think Kilbane is a hero, but on a side note,what is his best position? - I remember a few superb performances for us in the middle of the park..
Tuff Paddy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
It's Rome!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuff Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:56am
Paris 04 - he was super that night. Centre of the pitch.
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:59am
I won't say too much on this matter about Kilbane but IF his legs are gone then Trap should not be accomodating him if he can't hack it at international level anymore.

Don't get me wrong I think Kilbane has been a great servant and seems like a great person BUT we are trying to make a World Cup here lads, no time to be sentimental towards any individual.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 9:33am
Totally agree Sono- Kilbane has been a great servant to the Irish international team but if hes past it hes past it- cant afford anymore defensive errors- this is a results game- our defence must be water tight if were to have any hope of making SA 
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Swiss Tony View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiss Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 10:57am
Agree completely lads, Kilbane has served the green jersey excellently over the years and Trap should try some new blood at left back for the Australia and South Africa friendlies.

You could clearly see at the game on Saturday that the Bulgarians were pumping loads of high balls in towards the left side of our defence with Kilbane and St Ledger there, the last thing we need is Pirlo doing the same come october
Bill - "what do you think of Group B gentlemen?" (the group with Germany, Austria, Poland and Croatia)
Souness - "Looks a bit like World War II, Bill".
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 12:43pm
I absolutely love Killer, a legend in the green jersey, but he wouldnt be in my back 4 anymore. As someone already posted, IMO our most solid back 4 would be;

Finnan       Dunne  St Ledger       O'Shea

Just need all of those lads fit and injury free...

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 12:48pm
will he fall short of his 100 caps so? Cry
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 12:49pm
Would be sad to see, but given our lack of depth in the our squad, i would hope he makes it. Even if Trap does drop him for the rest of the games, Killer, with his experience and attitude, has to go to South Africa if we make it. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 12:57pm
Jumpin the gun a bit lads..

It was a momentary lapse on Killers part and he managed to get it out of his head and was solid for the rest of the game.

Let us not forget he is not a natural left back and to write him off at 32 is OTT. Finnan is the very same age, in fact older i think.

I admit with a fit back four, as previously stated, it would be difficult for him to secure a starting place but lets not write him off as a starter just yet.

More to come from Killer Thumbs%20Up 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Would be sad to see, but given our lack of depth in the our squad, i would hope he makes it. Even if Trap does drop him for the rest of the games, Killer, with his experience and attitude, has to go to South Africa if we make it. 

If we make it to Africa he will come for his experience to share with the younger players, he would not be coming as a starter.

McG he is getting on and can't get into his natural position, as I have already said we cannot accomodate him especially with costly errors.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 2:55pm
ledger plays one game + hes now a regular?surely foley can play right full or ward left,think yis r gettin carried away,leave o shea in centre with dunne
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:26pm
Ward? Ah c'mon i think you're the one getting carried away BSM! he's nowhere near the squad at the moment.

Why play O'Shea centre half when St Ledger hasnt put a foot wrong so far? Why change it? Stick him in the centre until he does a McShane which hopefully will never happen.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:41pm
ward has been superb in wolves gettin up this year+foley,shud be ahead of kelly+mcshane,i wud rather solid 2 at the back dunne oshea,needs to blood these full backs,ledger hasnt put foot wrong?just WAN game lad,STEADY BACKBONE IS ESSENTIAL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:45pm
2 games, even if one was only a friendly. If he can do a job against a very decent Bulgarian side in as hostile a venue as you will ever experience, then i dont think the fella deserves to be dropped and extremely doubt he will be...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:49pm
i dont think he will be either,we under estimate cyprus at our peril thou,need to blood some fullbacks in moyross in aug
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:50pm

I agree with the Honeymonster . . .

Right back has been a problem for us and with The Sledge coming in and doin a comfortable job for us at centre half you can bet your bottom dollar trap will leave Josh out there . .

Could do with a bit of help at left full but maybe thats being a bit greedy !

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:52pm
100% with HM here..why drop him when he's played so well in the 2 games..i wasnt comfortable with breaking up the dunne - o'shea partnership but it worked perfectly..

bottom line is we have a lot more options now than we did 3 weeks ago in our back 4..
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic