Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Famous Keegan quotes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Famous Keegan quotes
    Posted: 13 May 2009 at 7:44am

Few golden ones in there!

'It's like a toaster, the ref's shirt pocket. Every time there's a tackle, up pops a yellow card.'
'The ref was vertically 15 yards away.'
'There are two schools of thought on the way the rest of this half is going to develop; everybody's got their own opinion...'
'Goalkeepers aren't born today until they're in their late twenties or thirties.'
'I don't think there's anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona.'
'England can end the millenium as it started - as the greatest football nation in the world.'
'They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Heighway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different'
'Despite his white boots, he has real pace...'
'You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw...'
'He can't speak Turkey, but you can tell he's delighted.'
'There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight.'
'...using his strength. And that is his strength, his strength.'
'One of his strengths is not heading'
'Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice.'
'I'm not disappointed - just disappointed.'
'The tide is very much in our court now.'
'Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose.'
'That would have been a goal if it wasn't saved.'
'I came to Nantes two years ago and it's much the same today, except that it's totally different.'
'A tremendous strike which hit the defender full on the arm - and it nearly came off.'
'The good news for Nigeria is that they're two-nil down very early in the game'
'The substitute is about to come on - he's a player who was left out of the starting line-up today.'
'That decision, for me, was almost certainly definitely wrong.'
'I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon.'
'Hungary is very similar to Bulgaria. I know they're different countries...'
'In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg.'
'The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful.'
'England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second-to-none'
'It's understandable that people are keeping one eye on the pot and another up the chimney.'
'I'd love to be a mole on the wall in the Liverpool dressing room at half-time.'
'It could be far worse for me if it was easy for me.'
'Young Gareth Barry - he's young'
'Argentina won't be at Euro 2000 because they're from South America.'
'They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that.'
'The tide is very much in our court now.'
'There's a slight doubt about only one player, and that's Tony Adams, who definitely won't be playing tomorrow.'
'The Germans only have one player under 22, and he's 23'
'I've had an interest in racing all my life, or longer really.'
'We are three games without defeat is another way of looking at it. But if we are honest we have taken two points from nine'
'He'll also be very dangerous from set-pieces. That means he'll be a threat from free-kicks and corners in the final third of the field.'
'I'll never play at Wembley again, unless I play at Wembley again'
'You need 88 points for the title and we’ve got 61 at present with 16 games to go, but if you set targets you limit yourself'
'We deserved to win this game after hammering them 0-0 in the first half'
'You get bunches of players like you do bananas, though that is a bad comparison.'
'Not many teams will come to Arsenal and get anything, home or away'
'Shaun Wright-Phillips has got a big heart. It's as big as him, which isn't very big, but it's bigger'
'Nicolas Anelka left Arsenal for £23million and they built a training ground on him'

Sponsored Links

Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 8:23am
classic stuff
uibhfhaili View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfhaili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 9:20am

It's possible to ascertain the crux of his statements in most of the above.

But he just cocks up everytime.

I wonder did the Dubya learn his trade from Keggy?
As long as there is anything to be gained by saying nothing, it is always better to say nothing than anything
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic