Eamon Dunphy...again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eamon Dunphy...again
    Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 7:55pm
Interesting article on how Dunphy pivked on Brady in the 8ps before doing a complete about turn.  Nothing new there.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Wanch View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2009 at 2:53pm

He talks sh*te but he's hilarious. He's more comedic now than anything. You'd rather Dunphy than anyone else. It would be boring enough without him, hence the thread. This isn't called the Kenny Cunningham thread, that mans analysis looks scripted

Spelling Police View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spelling Police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by JamieRed JamieRed wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

I'd rather listen to Dunphy anyday over the likes of Jamie Redknapp. They both talk sh*te but at least Dunphy is the entertaining sort of sh*te.

never 'eard of him , if it aint on sky it dont apply

I do not know where to begin.

Mr Redknapp, you are under arrest.
Halt, In the name of the Law!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Graeme Souness: Who did you manage Eamonn?

Dunphy: I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years Baby!!

Love him or loathe hime dunphy's great entertainement. Thumbs%20Up

Best one-liner in history . Was against him when he dissed trap after the Italy match but the panel are classicClap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2009 at 11:40am
I've been in Canada narly 10 years now and I miss the Dunphy-Giles show as well as Apres match. I also miss the local chippy, the chinese down the road that was run by an Italian and a good fry up in the morning. Thats doesn't mean its good for you just I miss em.
There are friendlier places to drink.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 5:09am
Ya Reddladd has got it spot on. We'll miss them when they're gone.
Dunphy is a bit of a spoofer....changes his opinion every week etc and it is not just with the irish team. Not so long ago Utd were a flawed club with a sickness rotting the club from the inside, exemplified by Ferdinand. Ferguson had lost the plot etc... now they are an example to everyone about what is good in the game.
Don't worry he may be at Traps throut now but there will tears down his eyes next summer when Doyler bangs in the winner against the english, and for the that you've got to love him.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 4:01am
Lads if Dunphy or Giles vacate the pundits chair to be replaced by Kenny Cunningham, Ray Houghton or Trevor Steven it wouldn't be long before you'd be glad to have them back. No matter what happens in a game there's always entertainment with the two boys!
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 5:15pm
Mans a heroCool End of
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
JamieRed View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamieRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

I'd rather listen to Dunphy anyday over the likes of Jamie Redknapp. They both talk sh*te but at least Dunphy is the entertaining sort of sh*te.

never 'eard of him , if it aint on sky it dont apply
Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 11:28am
Loses the plot too much but some of the stuff is pure class
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:31am
Eamo’s favoured guff technique involves picking an Irish national team manager, chucking a biro across a studio and roaring a random selection of the following adjectives: congenital loser, sham, embarrassment, scurvy pup, wagon, spoofer, decentskin, imposter, bully. And then there are his moments of clarity:

"The overwhelming view of the listeners is that… they are split down the middle."

Talkshow host Eamo begins another Keane defence excitedly before realising the numbers aren't quite with him.

"When you weed out the nutters, it's around 80-20 behind Roy."

Not to be deterred, Eamo the Democrat finds a way.

"Usually it takes a bottle of Bacardi and a gallon of Coke to get John out of his seat."

Eamo bemused by Johnny Gilesy good humour shocker after Ireland score.

Giles: "Football fans have short memories, Eamon."
Dunphy: "I found at Millwall that fans had long memories, John. They never forgot how bad I was! HA HA HA HA HA!"
Giles: [Silence]

Billo on Sam Allardyce's survival as Bolton manager: "They'll be dancing on the streets of Limerick."
Eamo: "They'll be dancing on the streets of Limerick anyway, Bill."

"These aren't the incidents that win and lose games. These are false."

Eamo's tired and emotional view of the two Russian goals that had won their World Cup clash with Tunisia.

"He's one of the biggest whingers in world football... he's a bloody eejit."

Probably the nicest thing he's ever said about Mick McCarthy.

"History is today and tomorrow."

Furious Eamo goes on the defensive after Billo questions Keane's "legacy".

"Eamon Dunphy is a nobody with one virtue; honesty and realism."

Eamo pays a mathematically imprecise tribute to himself.

"The first two-syllable word I learned when I was growing up was 'discretion."

Numbers just aren't his thing, are they?

"Kilbane's head is better than his feet. If only he had three heads, one on the end of each leg."

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:29am
Black is white or white is black in the end Dunphy will say it both ways .

An all time leg-end , I never watch him these days as I always turn over or make a coffee .
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:21am
Graeme Souness: Who did you manage Eamonn?

Dunphy: I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years Baby!!

Love him or loathe hime dunphy's great entertainement. Thumbs%20Up
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 9:58am
As was said, at least he's more entertaining than the Sky pundits and the MOTD ones in my opinion. And no matter what shtie he comes out with, you know he's always saying what he thinks.

But any respect I had for him went after the Italy match when describing Trap as a gambler for the substitutions that earned us a draw, and changed the game in relation to Folan.

Edited by Kerrzy - 12 May 2009 at 9:59am
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 7:12am
Dunphy is a total tosspot and i can't stand the fooker....but i love watchin his "analysis" cos he has me in stitches at least once every time i watch him, and his lil arguments wit the other old fogies are great entertainment!!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 7:08am
Dunphy is an absolute tool- he sl*gs off united and liverpool to cause controversy and keep himself in the media spotlight- All throughout the 80s he sl*gged off Brady now that he works on the panel with him he sings his praises- Complete idiot!
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:50am
quarebuck View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quarebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:41am
i cant stand the man, either mute it or leave the room when he starts up. One of his worst lines is "Well Bill, it was a great day for football" FCUK YOU DUNPHY.... I can barely stand him for the internationals, and im a utd supporter, but hes so bloody biased towards utd it makes me wanna puke!! hahaDead
Packie Bonner has gone 700 minutes without conceeding, Oh no danger here!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic