You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Noel Hunt definitely scored the goal last night
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noel Hunt definitely scored the goal last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmorgan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 2:25pm

brutaL-it wont let me watch it..

says im not in ireland..

i think i am in ireland..what is the craic with that???

Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 2:30pm
just watched it...defo Keane alright, looks like Hunt didnt even touch it at all
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 2:33pm
why would Hunt claim it then? Very strange
bmorgan87 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmorgan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 2:44pm
hunt touched it.. so he knows he got a touch to it..
and next thing he sees is the ball in the net..
what would you do?
but i think the whole thing is gettin outa hand a bit..
do u think it could cause tension between the players.. be it just hunt and keane?
anyone got another link of this view of the goal.. because im in newry, which according to rte isnt in ireland
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 9:24pm
For the exiles among us, I've uploaded the RTE report here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FRBSW5RZ

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 03 Apr 2009 at 9:25pm
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 9:44pm
Thanks tets, I watched it with an Irish proxy but how did you convert the .ivr to AVI?  I usually burn to DVD then rip it.  Or did you record it off the actualy report on TV?
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

Thanks tets, I watched it with an Irish proxy but how did you convert the .ivr to AVI?  I usually burn to DVD then rip it.  Or did you record it off the actualy report on TV?

This is how I did it
  • Download and install RealAlternative from http://www.codecguide.com/download_real.htm (this might not be necessary, but I have a pathalogical hatred of Real Player)
  • Download and install mPlayer from http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html (I used the MPlayer SVN Windows with SMPlayer GUI option)
  • Using your browser of choice, open http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0403/1n_soccer1_av.html for the news report
  • When the video starts playing, hit Pause
  • Right click on the video and select "Play in Real Player"
  • This should open the report in Real Alternative
  • IMPORTANT - DO NOT CLOSE THE BROWSER
  • In Real Alternative, select File -> Save As and enter the filename you want to save to. Ensure the extension is ".txt"
  • This is not the video itself, it is an XML file with intructions for an application on how to open the video
  • Open the file in a text editor - I use TextPad, but NotePad is fine
  • In the text file, look for a link starting with "rstp://"
  • Open a command line window and CD to the directory where you installed mPlayer.
  • If you used the one I listed above this is "C:\Program Files\SMPlayer\mplayer\"
  • enter the following command mplayer -noframedrop -dumpfile out.rm -dumpstream <link from text file>
  • This saves the actual RealMedia file to the same directory
  • The filename is out.rm
  • When the download is complete, you can close the browser
  • The rest of the instructions are not necessary, but I don't like working with RM files
  • Download and install SUPER video converter from http://www.erightsoft.com/Superdc.html
  • Open the file in SUPER video converter
  • Use the tool to convert to AVI
  • In this case, the RM file is the entire news bulletin so I just clipped out the relevant section using AVI Splitter
  • Done and done
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 10:55pm
Alright thanks tets, I've tried doing the above but have been trying with WMR11 instead of mPlayer so I'll give this a shout
Clap

EDIT: It says
Cache size set to 640 KBytes
realrtsp: Stream EOF detected
Core Dumped ;)
Exiting.. <end of file>

Yet I see no out.rm

Edited by theworm2345 - 04 Apr 2009 at 2:10am
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 9:03am
probably need to include the proxy in the command line for mplayer as well, see example here: http://howto.wikia.com/wiki/Howto_use_mplayer_with_a_proxy_server
Be sure to use the same proxy as your browser
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

probably need to include the proxy in the command line for mplayer as well, see example here: http://howto.wikia.com/wiki/Howto_use_mplayer_with_a_proxy_server
Be sure to use the same proxy as your browser
I was trying with a file that wasn't Ireland only though
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 8:55pm
what's the file? I'll try downloading it myself
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 8:29am
I loved the RTÉ report when they could 'exclusively reveal' that Keane scored that goal - they were so proud of themselves. Having seen the footage, I can't believe that this thread exists, Hunt's touch clearly wasn't sending that ball on its way - but it would have been a wee bit funny had the two of them argued on the pitch about it - do I have a sick sense of humour? Perhaps...LOL
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 8:59am
I've seen the goal plenty of times but the quality of picture is too bad to tell, don't know how anyone can say who got it watching the youtubes clips.

ps. cheers Tsetjuin for the link
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 9:14am
I love when you watch something on RTÉ/BBC and its not them who are controlling the broadcasting (ie Wednesday or at the World Cup) - they remind you all the time so that you don't start blaming them!
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 10:01am
It was Keane's no doubt about it!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2009 at 1:34pm

Well I think this clears up all doubt.....Confused
There are friendlier places to drink.
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 4:55pm
Just off the phone talking to my brother in Ireland and he says that the goal was definately scored by Keane. Apparently they showed some vid of him scoring. Is this true or is the bo11ox trying to f**k up my stats again!Big%20smile
There are friendlier places to drink.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Donal Cullen Donal Cullen wrote:

Just off the phone talking to my brother in Ireland and he says that the goal was definately scored by Keane. Apparently they showed some vid of him scoring. Is this true or is the bo11ox trying to f**k up my stats again!Big%20smile

It's true. They had Dunphy on the news showing the goal from RTE's own camera in slow mo and it was defo Keano's goal.

Edited by Jim26 - 26 Apr 2009 at 5:06pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic