You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Noel Hunt definitely scored the goal last night
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noel Hunt definitely scored the goal last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noel Hunt definitely scored the goal last night
    Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 7:12am
I've watched the replays of the goal last night and Noel Hunt definitely scored it. The reports this morning say he is claiming it. The replays clearly show he got it and the reason he is holding his leg in the celebrations is because that is where Robbie kicked him.

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
Sponsored Links

boblimerick View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boblimerick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 7:34am
100% agree. Defo Hunt

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 8:13am
hunt for me too after repeated viewing
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 8:20am
no doubt if it was the other way around and it was Hunt was in Keane's position then no one would be trying to take the goal off Hunt.
Killer K View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killer K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 9:01am

He deserves it for the perfomance he put in!

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 9:16am
still think its keane's goal..
Theres only one sport that matters..
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 9:33am
There are friendlier places to drink.
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gouldinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 9:34am
I think its Bob Keane's because the direction and pace it went in, it would be consistent with keane's position. The angle and pace that Hunt was coming in with wouldnt of got the bounce and pace on it as it would with Bob Keane's position  Geek
walsheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walsheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 9:35am
think keano just about got his big toe onto it,presume the bookies paid out on keane?
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 10:11am
Also if you look at the celebrations Keane is running off KNOWING he scored and Hunt is running after him as is the rest of the Irish team! Love young Hunt to score but we can't take it from Robbie. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 10:44am
It looks like Noel Hunts touch was going in but then Robbie Keane doubled on it.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 10:51am

George Hamilton told us again last night for about the 5th time that Stephen Hunt's uncle won "Know Your Sport" in 1988.

JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Donal Cullen Donal Cullen wrote:

we can't take it from Robbie. 

We can't but Hunt can

http://www.setanta.com/us/Articles/Football/2009/04/02/World-Cup-Hunt-Keane-on-goal/gnid-46872/

Edited by JH91 - 02 Apr 2009 at 11:35am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 11:48am
I remember my brother coming back from a trip to Iceland and telling me that the Irish team were messing around with Gary Waddock who scored the first goal. They were saying it was "definately" an own goal and he got pretty mad about it as there was no defender anywhere in sight. I can imagine the same thing is going on with Keane and Hunt and to tell the truth I can't say either way looking at the replys on the Net. Keane definately celebrates as if he scored straigth away and I take the point about Hunt saying he was claiming it as he was chasing after Robbie. It reminds me a lot of the goal in the 1979 FA Cup fianl between Arsenal and Man U. Price and Sunderland both claimed the goal but Price was later credited with it as Sunderland scored later on. Thats not going to happen here but I would give it to Robbie and hope that Hunt gets a few in the next few games. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 12:20pm
Houghton and Aldridge in 88 springs to mind when the cameras picked up Aldridge as if he had scored.

Edited by fear-glas - 03 Apr 2009 at 5:27am
Howya Head View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howya Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 1:00pm
Thanks Donal Cullen for the video clip. Can't make up my mind who struck the ball last night but I am sure glad somebody got the touch. Don't think I have ever jumped higher or shouted louder. It would be nice if Hunt got the goal it would help his confidence the next time he plays. A really good display by all who played ClapClapClap
It is better to have the world think you are a Gobsh*te than to open your mouth and prove it to them.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 2:21pm
This is the best screenshot I can do of the goal, Hunt's leg is nowhere near to the ball, Keane is making clean contact

You can download the goal in slow motion here: http://tetsujin1979.googlepages.com/RobbieKeaneVSItaly.mpg
It's only a few second long, I'd recommend using the slow motion option in VLC to view it
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 2:40pm
That's very misleading, Hunt had already made contact in this still. i'm convinced when ya watch it, keane has hit hunt's leg. it's not a criticism of robbie. i'm just convinced hunt put it in and he's holding his leg afterwards

Edited by Catman - 02 Apr 2009 at 2:42pm

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic