You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Noel Hunt definitely scored the goal last night
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noel Hunt definitely scored the goal last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 2:42pm

WHO GIVES A FLYING FOOK !

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Sponsored Links

Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 2:44pm

cos i want to know the answer when george hamilton brings back know your sport

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Catman Catman wrote:

cos i want to know the answer when george hamilton brings back know your sport

You'll have tough competition in Stephen Hunt's uncle. Did you know he won in 1988 so George "danger here" Hamilton keeps telling us.
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 5:19pm
I've put two replays side by side and slowed them down, perhaps it will help perhaps not, I've thought it was Keane's goal the whole time
http://www.mediafire.com/?mvm2hni2dkj
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 5:30pm
worm, have you the game in full anywhere?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 5:44pm

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

worm, have you the game in full anywhere?
I can get it in Russian, though I dont have it in myself.  Perhaps tetsujin will upload it like he did the Bulgaria game.

League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
The Rovers View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Rovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 5:48pm
Just seen few bits on youtube since got back, jeez we really could have won it. The deflected shot was closer than I thought, that ball that went across the box too, how did it not go in, not to mention keanes chance. Looking forward to seein game on tv, am sure someone would ave recorded it, still very hard to tell who got the goal, thought it was hunt after looking at it on youtube.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 5:50pm
http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/soccer/noel-hunt-contacts-fai-to-claim-goal-against-italy-1696696.html

Thursday April 02 2009

A dispute has arisen today as to who scored the Republic of Ireland's equalising goal against Italy in last night's World Cup qualifier.

The 87th minute goal in Bari rescued a vital Group Eight point for Giovanni Trapattoni's side, and has been credited to captain Robbie Keane.

But Noel Hunt later claimed he was the last man to get a touch to the ball, and confirmed this evening he has taken-up the matter officially.

Tottenham frontman Keane appeared to stab the ball past Gianluigi Buffon during last night's game, but closer examination of the footage would appear to show the Reading striker has some claim to the glory.

"I called the FAI first and then just had to make sure that they had video evidence," Waterford man Hunt told his local radio station Beat 102 103 this evening.

"They think I have grounds for an appeal so it's a matter I will go looking at."

The issue of who got the goal has been a subject of debate in papers and on the internet since full-time last night, and the Reading striker thinks he deserves acknowledgement for it.

"It would be a great start for me for my international career," Hunt said.

"You know I played a friendly there against Poland, so to come on and play some way well and contribute and score a goal against the World Champions in a World Cup qualifier is massive."

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 7:54pm
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 8:01pm
In fairness, who gives a ballox who scored!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 4:27am
Clearly there is noway Hunt put that ball into the net. He got a touch just before Robbie smashed his foot through the ball. Just look at their body positions and then the power and the trajectory of the ball.... it gets smashed into the ground before flying into the net.... a toe poke would not generate that kind of power or trajectory!
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 9:15am
Just watched it from different angle on Rte.

Defo Keanes goal
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 9:22am
yep link on rte website keane buried it hunt didnt make much if any connection to it which makes his claim look a bit strange now
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 10:10am
Keane's goal defo
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 10:13am
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0403/1n_soccer1_av.html defo Robbies. Thought from other clips Hunt had got it.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 12:47pm
Exclusive RTE fotage shows that Keane deffo got the last touch. Debate Over
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 12:48pm
Thank God... I can sleep tonight now :)
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 2:12pm
i stand corrected..god bless technology

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic