You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTop post on Boez.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top post on Boez.
    Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 2:18pm
I have never really been able to comprehend what a horrible club Bohemians FC are. Compared with the "relationship" Shels have with say Shamrock Rovers, it's incredible.

Of all our big rivals over the years, I've managed to trickle an ounce of respect for many, including Rovers; it was always a traditional LOI derby that attracted half decent crowds and in alot of cases were very entertaining games. This aint no preachy service for Rovers, there was no better feeling than getting one over them!

Even now, despite the present unattractiveness and the appalling state of Irish football, I know I will still find solace in tripping to other LOI games when The Reds are out of action, I know that's not every Reds finest brew, but I enjoy it. That said, there's always been a cloud over Dalymount. The 'Not Welcome' signs are always flying high. Black and Red is above everyone and everything because BFC invented football and Glen Crowe (cough) invented goalscoring.

Their stubborness in accepting their true place in the 'nobodies' wing of Irish football is quite humourous really and their "fans" fickleness towards their very own is an advert for domestic violence - do you support your team or not lads? The hilarity of their worship of Kevin Hunt is black comedy made all the more sweet by the fact they chose to deny that this footballing "God" signed a pre-contract agreement with Shels in 2003 only to have it revoked because he went and talked to Drogheda soon after. Of course in the big book of Bohemians, these pages have been torn out and Kevin was at home conditioning his hair when this agreement allegedly took place.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh because they are after all 'The Big Club'. Three, maybe four titles in 30 years...MASSIVE! Releasing videos and DVD's of victories against your rivals (3 points that trajected you to...wait for it...3rd in the table) is not the mentality of a winning club now is it? If you were so big, wouldn't these be games you expect to win and ones not to be glorified with glossy souvenirs?

Great to see that bigots support worthy charities, I'm amazed they agreed to it, their board can rarely agree on the shade of dog sh*te. 'I think we need new balls this year lads' 'NO' YES' 'NO' 'YES' 'NO' and so forth.

A disgusting club, so individualist it deserves nothing should progress ever be made in LOI circles. The board and the fans attitude are a disgrace to those who love the live game in Ireland and for any genuine football people who have devoted their lives to this club, I can only feel sorry that you havent been rewarded with a club you should be proud of.

On the pitch, the Gypsies are cleaning up as they've a collection of fine players combined with a highly successful manager (based on statistics and his own record) however that pleasure will come at a cost, a price that may result in the dark clouds clearing and the infected realising that having a football club is bigger than pretending to be THE football club. Somehow I doubt it.
Sponsored Links

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:03pm
Nothing "top post" about that diarhorrea and I'm no lover of the margarine kids
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:56pm
I have a match in the morning no time 4 u lot and your thuggish behaviourThumbs%20DownCool
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:01pm
I hate rovers more than bohs but i hate Cork and Derry more than them
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

I have a match in the morning no time 4 u lot and your thuggish behaviourThumbs%20DownCool

Is the shark back form injury Thumbs%20Up
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:12pm
if it was coming froma fan of any other club i might bite but little old shelbourne   
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by ps bohs ps bohs wrote:

if it was coming froma fan of any other club i might bite but little old shelbourne   

nothing against you or anything. I think its good how times have changed since then. That was about 2001-02. If it happened now im sure genuine bohs fans would go mental at the fact it happened. Its just a shame it did happen at the time.
sfc-ireland View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:28pm

the bss ... bohs soccer skoolgirls ...

we want to football hooligans .. but we all just wear black runners and really high socks and try get on lawless ireland to be deadly ...... the club is one big sham in my opinion !
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by sfc-ireland sfc-ireland wrote:

the bss ... bohs soccer skoolgirls ...

we want to football hooligans .. but we all just wear black runners and really high socks and try get on lawless ireland to be deadly ...... the club is one big sham in my opinion !

thanks its a very educated and well researched opinion
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:54pm

bohs are my current second favourite LOI team , until someone else beats a german team

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by gouldinho gouldinho wrote:

Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

Is the shark back form injury Thumbs%20Up
Thumbs%20Up i'll be making myself available for selection alrite
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 11:17am
Have been supporting Bohs since the 1970's when we were nothing, Shels were nothing and Pats were nothing. Now that we are successful it seems some want us to go back to nothing. I have a great relationship with fans from other clubs including Shels, PATS and even Rovers and whereas they all sl*g us off there was none of the stuff SYLT came up with. Don't know what your problem is SYLT but I happen to think the club is well run and there are some decent people there. Well anyway lets just get on with the football and leave the rest to take care of itself, shall we?
There are friendlier places to drink.
SYLT View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Donal Cullen Donal Cullen wrote:

Have been supporting Bohs since the 1970's when we were nothing, Shels were nothing and Pats were nothing. Now that we are successful it seems some want us to go back to nothing. I have a great relationship with fans from other clubs including Shels, PATS and even Rovers and whereas they all sl*g us off there was none of the stuff SYLT came up with. Don't know what your problem is SYLT but I happen to think the club is well run and there are some decent people there. Well anyway lets just get on with the football and leave the rest to take care of itself, shall we?

Sorry forgot to say that I copied and pasted it from a different forum!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by SYLT SYLT wrote:

Jaysus, SYLT, you are the first bloke I have had a go at on this forum and it didn't merit it. But then again you were on foot.ie so that in itself is worthy of a rant.
All I know is that when I was writing my first book and trying to scrape up photos for it the lads at other clubs went out of their way to help me. As much that is written about the yobo's who "support" LOI clubs less so is written about the normal blokes in the background who do their bit.

SYLT View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by SYLT SYLT wrote:

Jaysus, SYLT, you are the first bloke I have had a go at on this forum and it didn't merit it. But then again you were on foot.ie so that in itself is worthy of a rant.
All I know is that when I was writing my first book and trying to scrape up photos for it the lads at other clubs went out of their way to help me. As much that is written about the yobo's who "support" LOI clubs less so is written about the normal blokes in the background who do their bit.

It wasnt foot.ie Wink
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 7:12pm

the 70's was one of our most successful era's you clown
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 10:49am
Originally posted by ps bohs ps bohs wrote:

[QUOTE=Donal Cullen]

the 70's was one of our most successful era's you clown

Sorry, Bohs, a slip of the auld memory then. Just when I was going there were not a hell of ammount of people at the grounds and only remember the Bohs -rovers games getting any decent crowds before Derry came on the scene. Probably meant the 1980's and 1990's but really you know what I mean if you have been supporting Bohs as long as I have. Wasn't all sweetness and light then, remember once talking to Fred Davis DURING a match as I was the only one behind his goal and he had nothing to do. Aside from the LSC and the Presidents cup we won nothing in the 1980's (but we did beat Rangers) and the last major honour Bohs won before I swanned off to Canada was the FAI Cup in 1992. Jaysus.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 1:15pm
purely from a neutral's view i admire bohs for what they have done on the pitch in the last year and a bit.the cup final was one of the best LOI games I have seen and I think that their magnificent season has been under valued by the diificulties that the league faced last year..
Theres only one sport that matters..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic