You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sh*te electronic tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 12:53pm
It's been a while since I went to an Ireland game, so I'm guessing the ticket stub is a thing of the past?

Such a shame. Always looked forward to getting a new ticket, especially one for an away game. I still have most of them at home. 

Are the Euros and World Cups all e-tickets now? 
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

It's been a while since I went to an Ireland game, so I'm guessing the ticket stub is a thing of the past?

Such a shame. Always looked forward to getting a new ticket, especially one for an away game. I still have most of them at home. 

Yeah, they are. However, for Euro 2020 & World Cup 2022, FIFA & UEFA offered printed souvenir tickets (which were sent out a few months after the tournament) for a small fee.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 1:34pm
Never had an issue myself, I turn off blue light filter and put brightness to the max
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

There were quite a few issues on Saturday.  

Good advice above to try and have your tickets in your google or apple wallet ahead of the game eg now.  Another option is to screen shot but the wallet is better.  

Some struggled with the ticketmaster app on Saturday.  "Something went wrong" error when they logged in.  I've seen this as well but ticketmaster will work in a browser on your phone.  

There is a ticketmaster help point at Stile Q behind the South Stand.  

The FAI monitor and respond to customer-relations@fai.ie right up to and after kick off.  If you realise you have an issue and have not yet arrived best e-mail.

Please please please be careful when sharing tickets.  A football official had 8 tickets for 2 different groups and sent the same 4 to both groups.  He was also uncontactable on Saturday.  I actually know the man and it is a rare error but please be careful.

Check you are trying the right game.  Some had scanning issues as they were scanning Swiss tickets on Saturday.

A lot were resetting passwords on ticketmaster in the hour or 2 before kick off.  

So if you are reading this on Monday please take a couple of minutes to get your ticket set on your phone.  

If it is any consolation apparently the rugby was a lot worse the week before.  

Why are people leaving it to Saturday to download tickets - they were available from at least Wednesday onwards 

Why would you leave it to the last minute - crazy 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Just add it to your wallet or the equivalent on your phone and make sure the brightness turn up to full.  

I dont use wallets or pay with my phone

It’s got nothing to do with paying with your phone.  If you have an I phone you can save tickets and other documents to
Your wallet and then just open it up and scan it went going in. Works a treat every time.    There is an equivalent on other operating systems which does the same thing.  It’s the most reliable safest way to do it.  
#All I want is to get into the stadium not wire millions of euro to a drug dealer in ColombiaCry

Technology is supposed to make your life easier, not harder. 

Old way:  Scan a plastic season ticket you simply take out of your wallet. Guaranteed entry and easy.

New  way:  Wait for email. Open email. Click on link to ticketmaster. log in.  Log in fails. Reset password. log in. download ticket. Go to gate. Scan your phone with QR code.  Doesn't work.   Tuen screen brightness up.  Doesn't work.  Go to steward. Scans phone and lets you in.

Paid a fiver extra for my physical harps season ticket. Worth it as my dad would make a balls every second week trying to get in with the ticket on the phone😂
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Why are people leaving it to Saturday to download tickets - they were available from at least Wednesday onwards 

My main gripe with the electric season ticket is that you need to go in and download your ticket separately for each match, and then you can only do it a couple of days in advance. Why can't they (a) just make you download 1 season ticket that works for each game (like the physical season ticket used to work) or (b) let you download all tickets in the one go when you get the season ticket, to save you doing it each game?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

Euro2024 is 100% electronic and no souvenir tickets will be available.  

The FIFA World Cup in Australia/NZ last year was also 100% electronic with no souvenir tickets offered. 

The Scottish fans in Amsterdam on Friday got real tickets as indeed did the visiting fans on Saturday in Dublin.  Belgium had a 100% pickup for their fans with ID.  This was their decision as they have various levels in their fanclub who have access to tickets for major tournaments etc.      
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

My main gripe with the electric season ticket is that you need to go in and download your ticket separately for each match, and then you can only do it a couple of days in advance. Why can't they (a) just make you download 1 season ticket that works for each game (like the physical season ticket used to work) or (b) let you download all tickets in the one go when you get the season ticket, to save you doing it each game?

Possibly to lessen the chance of fraud/duplicate tickets being sold multiple times 

I woukd be wary of buying a ticket off somebody I didn’t know but appreciate sometimes there is no choice 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Brego View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2024 at 11:25pm

Anyone is welcome to try to use my phone to get in. It wont work.   You put the phone in with the QR code and the light never goes green to let you in. 

Its stupid.   You shouldn't have to go to all these extra steps to try and get in.  Screenshotting didnt work for me.  I didnt use the screenshot this time because I thought that might be the issue.  

Paper tickets or plastic card any day of the week for me.

What phone do you have? 
It's surely an IPhone or android with NFC. 
If that's double Dutch to you someone could easily set the phone wallet up.
Once you have that you can go go wrong
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:32am
A wise man once told me that if someone doesn't want to do a thing, they will find any number of reasons not to do it.

Edited by Fozz - 26 Mar 2024 at 9:36am
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

A wise mam once told me that if someone doesn't want to do a thing, they will find any number of reasons not to do it.
Probably Doherty.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

A wise mam once told me that if someone doesn't want to do a thing, they will find any number of reasons not to do it.
Probably Doherty.
Nah, wasn't a youngfella.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Brego Brego wrote:

Anyone is welcome to try to use my phone to get in. It wont work.   You put the phone in with the QR code and the light never goes green to let you in. 

Its stupid.   You shouldn't have to go to all these extra steps to try and get in.  Screenshotting didnt work for me.  I didnt use the screenshot this time because I thought that might be the issue.  

Paper tickets or plastic card any day of the week for me.

What phone do you have? 
It's surely an IPhone or android with NFC. 
If that's double Dutch to you someone could easily set the phone wallet up.
Once you have that you can go go wrong

Nokia 3310

android samsung.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:55am

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Probably Doherty.
Nah, wasn't a youngfella.
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic