Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
33 [41.25%]
24 [30.00%]
23 [28.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

Bazunus pass completion for passes longer than 40 yards is 45.4% the best in the championship and only ederson has better in the prem.

Kellehers is 26.1%

bazunus shot stopping numbers are the worst in the championship. 

Add to that the amount of goals we have conceded from outside the box.

Kelleher is playing very well in one of the best teams in the world and being one of their standout players he will have over 20 games played this season by the time our games come around,
if that does warrant a start I don’t know what does.

Kelleher has conceded multiple long range shots in an Ireland shirt. It's not exclusive to Bazunu.

Sometimes they're just well hit strikes and difficult to save. Better closing down is required for some of them.

Sponsored Links

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Originally posted by 84ccfc84 84ccfc84 wrote:

Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

Bazunus pass completion for passes longer than 40 yards is 45.4% the best in the championship and only ederson has better in the prem.

Kellehers is 26.1%

bazunus shot stopping numbers are the worst in the championship. 

Add to that the amount of goals we have conceded from outside the box.

Kelleher is playing very well in one of the best teams in the world and being one of their standout players he will have over 20 games played this season by the time our games come around,
if that does warrant a start I don’t know what does.

Kelleher has conceded multiple long range shots in an Ireland shirt. It's not exclusive to Bazunu.

Sometimes they're just well hit strikes and difficult to save. Better closing down is required for some of them.

I've said it before but Cullen has been a common denominator in this more than once. I used to be critical of Glenn Whelan but we would kill for a midfielder even like him right now.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 11:36pm
After both games.

I'd go with Kelleher but it depends on him actually playing but I think he's a better keeper than Bazunu
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 12:50am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

After both games.

I'd go with Kelleher but it depends on him actually playing but I think he's a better keeper than Bazunu

I'm still not sure who will turn out to be the better keeper but right now, on form, it's Kelleher by a clear margin. Surprised that he didn't start tonight given JOS was seen as having a shot at the top job if they won.  Put it this way, fans from other countries will be surprised to see him on the bench given he is in excellent form and starting regularly for one of the top teams in Europe. We will never know if he'd have stopped that goal, but its not much of a stretch to think he might have organised the wall better and / or covered that side better. And the goal was obviously key tonight in several respects. I suspect its one JOS regrets already.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 12:50am
Kelleher for now.  He's playing better.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 2:39am
Bazunu all day. How many costly mistakes has he made for us? Very, very few. He’s been consistent since he came into the team and has made some fantastic saves. To be quite honest, he’s the very least of our worries, literally. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 6:19am
I'd imagine a lot of people are only Team Kelleher because he's with Liverpool. The same people would be Team Bazunu if the roles were reversed. Their opinion has nothing to do with either players ability.

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 7:03am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I'd imagine a lot of people are only Team Kelleher because he's with Liverpool. The same people would be Team Bazunu if the roles were reversed. Their opinion has nothing to do with either players ability.

Just to point out I'm a Newcastle fan, but I do agree to an extent alot of the clamour comes from Liverpool supporters for him but even they know deep down he has to be playing to be considered.

As said even before these games it all depends who's playing when it comes to the competitive games in September,  if Kelleher is back on the bench and Gav is playing then Gav gets the nod
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 7:20am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Just to point out I'm a Newcastle fan, but I do agree to an extent alot of the clamour comes from Liverpool supporters for him but even they know deep down he has to be playing to be considered.

As said even before these games it all depends who's playing when it comes to the competitive games in September,  if Kelleher is back on the bench and Gav is playing then Gav gets the nod
Agree completely
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 7:24am
Baz has always given me shivers. I think he never looks very confident, despite pulling off good saves in between moments of nervousness.

CK i think is looking more and more confident with games played. I'd like to see him a bit more vocal. He does need to continue playing at club football wherever that is.

Now I think its a position where in general we are OK whoever plays and we have much more concerning issues to sort.

I do agree that if Kelleher is back on the bench then he will have to go back to bench for Ireland too. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Mar 2024 at 7:25am
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 8:23am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Baz has always given me shivers. I think he never looks very confident, despite pulling off good saves in between moments of nervousness.

CK i think is looking more and more confident with games played. I'd like to see him a bit more vocal. He does need to continue playing at club football wherever that is.

Now I think its a position where in general we are OK whoever plays and we have much more concerning issues to sort.

I do agree that if Kelleher is back on the bench then he will have to go back to bench for Ireland too. 

I always thought Bazunu had more potential but not sure anymore. He (in fact both of them to some extent) mixes the sublime with the awful. The game he gets most credit for was the home draw v Serbia, but even in that game he lost the flight of a free floated in from 50 yards that ended up hitting his crossbar and he went completely awol trying to intercept a through ball - ultimately McClean rescued him with, effectively a goal line clearance. Kelleher has had such moments too but increasingly there are less of them.

Think the Liverpool thing isn't the basis for the clamour for him. I'm a United fan who enjoyed all 4 he conceded recently! Plenty of non Liverpool fans seeing him performing at the highest level (Wembley Cup Final) who are vocally championing him. Bazunu might get a play off final yet too mind you and hopefully will perform similarly. Currently his stock in England isn't where it should be.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 9:36am
Like many I've done a u-turn on this. I didn't really rate Kelleher until his recent run of games in the past few months, but the way he's performed and the confidence that he's shown in doing so, you can't argue that he is our No. 1 at the minute. 

Bazunu has time on his side being 4 or 5 years younger, and there's still an unknown of how good Kelleher will be once he moves to a lesser club and plays 40 games a season
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic