You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration Policy in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 11:32pm
The absolute state of that Twitter account Sleepy
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 1:12am
https://twitter.com/FenelonCian/status/1783625562910572678?t=z8-Q0v43U_yDj6v4FImKwg&s=19

Spread into the town itself.

RTE:
Less than 100 people have been deported of the near 7,300 people refused refugee status in Ireland since the beginning of 2023, Minister for Justice Helen McEntee has said. 

Edited by eireland - 26 Apr 2024 at 2:38am
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 8:01am
fair play to the cops last night in Newtownkennedy. about time they bate the sh*te out of the right wing rent a crowd scumbags. needs to happen more often! Clap
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 8:39am
I don't buy into the narrative "Ireland is full". We could realistically cater for a higher population - on the basis we have sufficient housing and public services available. At the moment we do not and I believe the current population growth - as seen in the last census - is exceeding what we are currently ready for. Very simplistic example I know but you have a stadium that holds 80k but have the land and capabilities to increase it to 100k. I think best to put in place that infrastructure first before inviting a higher attendance. And yes, I'm fully aware skilled migrant labourers would be needed to contribute towards any mass infrastructure projects.

Regarding refugees, it must be extremely disheartening leaving for a better life and being confronted by an angry mob. If people have concerns - bring it to their TD or other government representatives , don't harass people. We do need a common sense approach here as well in terms of reviewing applications - there is definitely a significant number of economic migrants abusing the asylum system. I don't have any issue with someone wanting to better their life but if they can't prove they are fleeing persecution they should be returned. They should have to apply for the relevant work permit as the rest of migrant workers have to. 

I think most of our population just want to see something sensible in terms of long term plans for migration. This polarising debate at the moment just drives further division.

just hit the fecking thing
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 9:03am
100% fair play on that post Clap
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 9:29am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I was right again. Pay attention lefties.

Yeah, the Torygraph would be a reliable source alright.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

fair play to the cops last night in Newtownkennedy. about time they bate the sh*te out of the right wing rent a crowd scumbags. needs to happen more often!ย Clap

you agree with riot police covered from head to tow, with no identifying marks, pepper spraying a woman in her own garden, but thats all right because you call her a right wing scumbag,,,

im dumb founded this morning the level our garda have sank to,

this is only going to turn honest hard working people against them and things can only go one way from there,,

first response should not be send in the GPO, there has to be a better way to navigate escalations like this
Getting old and intolerant
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

fair play to the cops last night in Newtownkennedy. about time they bate the sh*te out of the right wing rent a crowd scumbags. needs to happen more often! Clap

you agree with riot police covered from head to tow, with no identifying marks, pepper spraying a woman in her own garden, but thats all right because you call her a right wing scumbag,,,

this is only going to turn honest hard working people against them and things can only go one way from there,,

first response should not be send in the GPO, there has to be a better way to navigate escalations like this
Poor old Huggy did you get a few slaps last night?
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Keep your head in the sand. 

It's common sense. What's your agenda that you refuse to acknowledge reality?

On another note what happened in Newtown Mount Kennedy last night? Is it true they were supposed to have a meeting with locals but instead snuck male IPA in at night? 

Edited by eireland - 26 Apr 2024 at 9:54am
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 9:53am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

fair play to the cops last night in Newtownkennedy. about time they bate the sh*te out of the right wing rent a crowd scumbags. needs to happen more often!ย Clap

Nope was tucked up in my bed for work this morning, attiring to my social contract,   but good one 6.5/10
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 9:55am

Nope was tucked up in my bed for work this morning, attiring to my social contract,   but good one 6.5/10
๐Ÿ˜‚

These lefties love a bit of violence when it suits them.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 10:14am

No but the fact that the taoiseach, tanaiste and minister of Justice are now all making the same claim, would indicate its an issue. Plus the fact that minister of justice said more than 80 per cent of asylum seekers this year are coming in from uk 

Edited by Wheelo - 26 Apr 2024 at 10:18am
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you donโ€™t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 10:17am

I'm all for the guards to go heavy handed if protestors are violent. I have no idea if they were violent or not lastnight.

A journalist was was down there lastnight was just on newstalk saying that some of the media are giving out too much of a simplistic commentary on it. Said as far as he can see it's still mostly locals from all walks of like in the majority of people protesting down there.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you donโ€™t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

No but the fact that the taoiseach, tanaiste and minister of Justice are now all making the same claim, would indicate its an issue. Plus the fact that minister of justice said more than 80 per cent of asylum seekers this year are coming in from uk 
But but but *insert dig at media publication I don't like ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 11:03am

A good example here of the divisiveness in modern day debate. 
Can we play the ball, not the man?  
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 11:03am

I'd say the damage was done when he was dropped as a kid. 
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 11:10am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

A good example here of the divisiveness in modern day debate. 
Can we play the ball, not the man?  

To be fair, I think the Telegraph should always be fair game, even if it's neither the ball nor the man.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 11:16am

I'd say the damage was done when he was dropped as a kid.ย 

So I question you agreeing with a woman being pepper sprayed in her own garden by riot police with no markings and you resort to playground antics of me being dropped on head as child,   

jesus wept, whats the point,, hope it dosent happen to a loved one of yours
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>
  Share Topic