You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration Policy in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 31>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 6:00pm
The UK passed the Rwanda bill and in 12 weeks deportation flights will begin. We could be absolutely f**ked if people start flocking here. Or population is tiny compared to the UK. I'd Hazard a guess and anyone who thinks they'll be deported will come here or if they're asked to voluntarily go to the airport they'll get the boat to Belfast instead. This crisis is going to get a whole lot worse.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

The UK passed the Rwanda bill and in 12 weeks deportation flights will begin. We could be absolutely f**ked if people start flocking here. Or population is tiny compared to the UK. I'd Hazard a guess and anyone who thinks they'll be deported will come here or if they're asked to voluntarily go to the airport they'll get the boat to Belfast instead. This crisis is going to get a whole lot worse.

This is absolute bullsh*t.
If somebody is prepared to risk death to cross the channel in a small boat, the possibility of being put on a plane to Rwanda isn't going to deter them from going to the UK.

And just to point out something equally as obvious, nobody is getting on a small boat on the French coast and thinking they would make it to the south coast of Ireland.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Is it still 800 tax free to rent a house to a Ukrainian?

Dunno for a gaf, but you can rent rooms to anyone in your own house upto €13k a year tax free. Helped us a lot in early days of our mortgage. 

Edited by nvidic - 23 Apr 2024 at 6:06pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2024 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Dunno for a gaf, but you can rent rooms to anyone in your own house upto €13k a year tax free. Helped us a lot in early days of our mortgage. 
Did this myself and before any racists lefties on here say it no I didn't just rent to white Irish people. 

"More than 80% of asylum applicants now coming from UK via Northern Ireland, says McEntee". And this being reported by the far left anti-irish times. 

Billions these boys are going to cost us and coming from a safe European country. Everyone and their dog knows this. Like I said I've listened to enough interviews with the boys in the tented city to know where they're coming from. The system is broken.

And let's be honest this new 90 day "streamlined system" could be done in 90 seconds. 

@reildogg this might be of interest to you regarding your question.

Edited by eireland - 23 Apr 2024 at 10:54pm
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

The problem from UK highlighted again:

Disclaimer: maybe I'm missing something in the figures BUT

6k in the first (almost) 4 months of the year, with a prediction of in excess of 20k this year based on the current trajectory. So, 0.4% of the current population. Indeed, the 6k is an 80% increase on 2023 (c.3.3k?).

I'm not sure of the approval rate for applications but even if it was the majority.. it doesn't seem to be the "hordes" one might be led to believe it is.

Edited by Reildogg - 24 Apr 2024 at 1:03am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

6k in the first (almost) 4 months of the year, with a prediction of in excess of 20k this year based on the current trajectory. So, 0.4% of the current population. Indeed, the 6k is an 80% increase on 2023 (c.3.3k?).

I'm not sure of the approval rate for applications but even if it was the majority.. it doesn't seem to be the "hordes" one might be led to believe it is.
It's enough to fill over 30% of hotel rooms outside Dublin and create a tented city in Dublin which grows every week. When you have hundreds of thousands of Irish still living with their parents and many unable to buy or rent you can't take on these number's. When you have a humongous national debt you shouldn't burden yourself socially like this. 

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 7:01am

I dunno if it’s still happening but I’m pretty sure it was 800 per bed for the Ukrainians. Throwing money at private enterprise to solve a public policy problem, it’s the 442 of Irish governments
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 7:10am

The problem over the years has been processing applications and having final decisions. There are appeals procedures as well. There are stories of people in the system for 15+ years because of how poor the processing system has been. So to be honest I welcome a fast processing system so long as the applications are still being looked at fairly., It’s pretty extraordinary to see that they were always capable of putting something like this together, just highlights once again that the complete inertia of dealing with Direct Provision over the years was just a political choice
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 8:18am

I think everyone accepts the numbers coming in isn't sustainable and theres currently not enough accommodation for them, thatswhy theyre renting out hotels, etc.

But even with those figures, they exclude all Ukrainians and all family reuninifications 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 8:38am

It's enough to fill over 30% of hotel rooms outside Dublin and create a tented city in Dublin which grows every week. When you have hundreds of thousands of Irish still living with their parents and many unable to buy or rent you can't take on these number's. When you have a humongous national debt you shouldn't burden yourself socially like this. 

and none of this is the fault of those refugees, its the fault of successive governments failing to deliver social and affordable homes. blaming refugees is a cop out 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

and none of this is the fault of those refugees, its the fault of successive governments failing to deliver social and affordable homes. blaming refugees is a cop out 
I'm blaming the government for accepting so many refugees. I'm also blaming the many dishonest refugees coming from safe places or even countries like Georgia FFS. Tearing up passports etc, lying about their situations. Ruins it for the genuine refugees. 

But again that's our fault for being so Naive. Poland and eastern Europe do it right because they care about the social fabric of their countries and their people.

Edited by eireland - 24 Apr 2024 at 8:53am
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 8:59am

I'm blaming the government for accepting so many refugees. I'm also blaming the many dishonest refugees coming from safe places or even countries like Georgia FFS. Tearing up passports etc, lying about their situations. Ruins it for the genuine refugees. 

But again that's our fault for being so Naive. Poland and eastern Europe do it right because they care about the social fabric of their countries and their people.

Have you ever been to Georgia? the oppression and poverty is genuinely pretty awful. Every human has the right to a better life no matter where you come from. You have been told multiple times, now go off and educate yourself on the tearing up of passports rhetoric. Amnesty International is a good start. How do you know people are lying about their situations? Derek Blighe and Ferg Power tell you that? Poland and many eastern bloc countries are very much right of centre so i wouldn't be using them as a barometer.  
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 9:18am

Have you ever been to Georgia? the oppression and poverty is genuinely pretty awful. Every human has the right to a better life no matter where you come from. You have been told multiple times, now go off and educate yourself on the tearing up of passports rhetoric. Amnesty International is a good start. How do you know people are lying about their situations? Derek Blighe and Ferg Power tell you that? Poland and many eastern bloc countries are very much right of centre so i wouldn't be using them as a barometer.  
I have been to Georgia. And not just following Ireland either. Tbilisi is a safer city then Dublin imo. Every human has a right to claim asylum in the first safe country they land it. And regardless these laws aren't fit for purpose hence why eastern Europe just ignore them now and eventually the rest will follow. 

What do we do if 3 million people come here with genuine refugee claims? Take on them all?
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:38am

They aren't refugees.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 10:44am

Nobody has the 'right' to a 'better' life ffs. LOL 

The absolute irony of you telling somebody to educate themselves. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Nobody has the 'right' to a 'better' life ffs. LOL 

The absolute irony of you telling somebody to educate themselves. 
The irony is despite Irelands wealth on paper it's a f**king desperate country for young people to grow up in. There's a reason so many want to emigrate and it will be no different for kids of refugees and immigrants when they grow up. 

And by this stupid logic why Georgians can claim refugee status here can we all go to Australia and claim refugee status there because we've a right to a better life? I guess by this warped logic Australia should prepare themselves for about 5 billion refugees. 

This is some warped and self destructive mindset these boys have.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:08pm
Georgia is listed as a safe country, they can claim asylum, but it's fairly unlikely they'll get it. 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:13pm

Georgia is listed as a safe country, they can claim asylum, but it's fairly unlikely they'll get it. 

But we don't enforce deportation orders.

So them arriving at all is as good as them being granted asylum.

Even in cases where we had an agreement from another country to take back people (188 in 2023) we sent back 3.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 31>
  Share Topic