You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration Policy in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 33>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

What’s made up? Damo & Ivor telling us that lefties hate their country and accusing people of lapping up government propaganda. 

The first part is obviously made up - hard to deny the dangers of the second part thpugh. Thankfully the majority of public didn't lap up government propaganda on the referendum. Hopefully we start to see more of that.
The majority of the public don't trust RTE, News talk etc anymore thankfully. They're all compromised.

Keep up the good week Gav.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:44pm

What’s made up? Damo & Ivor telling us that lefties hate their country and accusing people of lapping up government propaganda. 

The first part is obviously made up - hard to deny the dangers of the second part thpugh. Thankfully the majority of public didn't lap up government propaganda on the referendum. Hopefully we start to see more of that.
The majority of the public don't trust RTE, News talk etc anymore thankfully. They're all compromised.
You are not the majority of the country. You speak for yourself.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:02pm

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 5:29pm

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 5:08pm

More made up nonsense. 

What's made up?

I remember talking to my dad before the referendum and mentioned the immigration concern re potentional family definition and couldn't understand how it wasn't such a big deal. Like people already try take the mickey re dependant family members re eu treaty rights.

The fact that this advise was given and the main parties still tried to plough through the yes vote without divulging all the advise they were given is scary!! What's even scarier is that the main stream media aren't going to town on it!!
I tried telling my parents also but sadly they voted with the tiny minority. Unfortunately they only use government propaganda platforms like RTE for their information. Showed my mother the comments of the attorney general which the Ditch leaked the night before but sure there was nothing on RTE about that are ye sure it's true?

Edited by eireland - 18 Apr 2024 at 5:09pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 5:08pm

Edited by 9fingers - 18 Apr 2024 at 5:08pm
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 5:03pm

More made up nonsense. 

What's made up?

I remember talking to my dad before the referendum and mentioned the immigration concern re potentional family definition and couldn't understand how it wasn't such a big deal. Like people already try take the mickey re dependant family members re eu treaty rights.

The fact that this advise was given and the main parties still tried to plough through the yes vote without divulging all the advise they were given is scary!! What's even scarier is that the main stream media aren't going to town on it!!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 4:49pm
More made up nonsense. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The state received advice from justice department that, if recent referendum passed, they would lose control of immigration system.

Leo said this was a 'red herring' before referendum.  

“the summary of all legal issues so far is that the amendments as currently worded will massively restrict the State’s ability to regulate its immigration system. 

It is not an exaggeration to say that it will be extremely difficult, and perhaps impossible, to maintain a meaningful immigration system should the People accept these amendments.”

“The State has been able to maintain an immigration system so far precisely because Article 41 is applied to a small, tightly-defined group of people. The State will not be able to regulate immigration if this protection is applied any more widely.”

The crazy lefties on here and I mean crazy we're trying to convince us that was just some far right rhetoric. Just shows you how much they hate their own country and it's people. Maybe they need to put themselves in the shoes of those who'd be negatively affected by this. I sure as hell do and I don't like what I see. 
It is absolutely amazing the levels of stupidity you go to on a daily basis in here LOL
Oh look another who lapped up the government propaganda.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 4:29pm

The state received advice from justice department that, if recent referendum passed, they would lose control of immigration system.

“the summary of all legal issues so far is that the amendments as currently worded will massively restrict the State’s ability to regulate its immigration system. 

It is not an exaggeration to say that it will be extremely difficult, and perhaps impossible, to maintain a meaningful immigration system should the People accept these amendments.”

“The State has been able to maintain an immigration system so far precisely because Article 41 is applied to a small, tightly-defined group of people. The State will not be able to regulate immigration if this protection is applied any more widely.”

The crazy lefties on here and I mean crazy we're trying to convince us that was just some far right rhetoric. Just shows you how much they hate their own country and it's people. Maybe they need to put themselves in the shoes of those who'd be negatively affected by this. I sure as hell do and I don't like what I see. 
It is absolutely amazing the levels of stupidity you go to on a daily basis in here LOL
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 3:51pm

Edited by eireland - 18 Apr 2024 at 3:52pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:39am

Edited by The GerK - 18 Apr 2024 at 9:45am
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2024 at 12:19pm
https://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-refugee-accommodation-costs-2023-hotels-direct-provision-6352078-Apr2024/

DP a broken system and has been for decades. The Ukrainians just sent it way beyond the tipping point
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 8:10pm
https://www.rte.ie/news/2024/0410/1442659-eu-migration/

This is only the beginning. Comments from Polish prime minister represent Irish people better then our own leaders. And while themselves and Germany have taken the most Ukrainians per person I believe we have taken more. 

The real solution is protecting EU borders the way Poland do against Belarus. 

The people should decide’ – TD calls for referendum on EU Asylum Pact

Please please please let the people decide.

Edited by eireland - 10 Apr 2024 at 10:45pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Posting and saying absolute garbage like Ireland is full has consequences. Every little scumbag in the country is jumping on this. As a Clondalkin man this absolutely horrifies me. This is on every single flag waving w**kers head. 
Our current immigration policy equally has huge consequences including the empowerment of the far right.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 11:06pm
Posting and saying absolute garbage like Ireland is full has consequences. Every little scumbag in the country is jumping on this. As a Clondalkin man this absolutely horrifies me. This is on every single flag waving w**kers head. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 10:16pm
LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 7:09pm

There's always been vile racists and murderers in Ireland. In every country actually. As the Irish people are forgotten socially this will become worse. But no matter what you do these people will exist. The first person to blame is the perpetrator.

"An Independent TD claims he was “dropped” from an RTÉ panel discussion on immigration set to take place tonight after he said he would be criticising elements of Justice Minister Helen McEntee’s asylum handling – a claim which RTÉ is denying."

Wouldn't be like the government propaganda machine paid for by us to do something like this would it?

Links grift and gives out about sources LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 33>
  Share Topic