You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 434>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

David Moyes will be available in a few weeks.

We probably can't afford him but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Can we not get together a consortium of Irish billionaires, the owner of my company being one who is a big football fan. This country is awash with money and we need to get this appointment spot on.

Would people take Moyes?

I'd take Moyes. I wouldn't be expecting fireworks though.

Moyes wouldn't warrant getting billionaires involved. LOL

If we were being back by billionaires, go and get Mourinho. He would be box office. Offer him €5 million a year.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 11:08am
But if you want to know how I really feel get the cameras rolling get the action going. Moyes! Moyes! Moyes!  How do you like it? How do you like it?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Can we not get together a consortium of Irish billionaires, the owner of my company being one who is a big football fan. This country is awash with money and we need to get this appointment spot on.

Would people take Moyes?

If we were being back by billionaires, go and get Mourinho. He would be box office. Offer him €5 million a year.

SHOWBIZ BABY!

Mourinho would be some craic, imagine the press conferences. We'd 0-0 draw our way to the World Cup playoffs LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 11:26am

Would people take Moyes?

SHOWBIZ BABY!

Mourinho would be some craic, imagine the press conferences. We'd 0-0 draw our way to the World Cup playoffs LOL

Yep , i would take anybody right now , errrrr maybe not anyone come to think of it but Moyes yes 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 11:33am

Would people take Moyes?

Yep. f**k that. If we were getting billionaires involved. Jose all the way 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 12:24pm
Moyes, even though I highly doubt he’d take it, would be like a better organised and harder to break down version of what we were under O’Neill up until he lost interest.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 12:51pm
We've as much chance of getting Moyes as we do of getting Klopp. Would yas give over!
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 1:04pm
I would certainly take Moyes. Or Allardyce, Pulis, Hodgson, Hughton, Lennon, Bruce or, at this stage,any other competent candidate out there. Ditching the criteria drawn up might be a good start.
Stevie_453 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie_453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 1:13pm
we need a manger who can make do with limited resources not a moyes an allardyce pulis the likes of that
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 1:19pm
I would take Klopp or Guardiola over Moyes. The point being we are getting none of the 3. 

Look at who England have and they 100 times more high profile than we are. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Ditching the criteria drawn up might be a good start.

The criteria that was put out at the start was a jokeshop. It came across as something like some kid put together for a school project. Totally unrealistic in getting the best man they could afford for the job. They never had a clue what they wanted and could realistically get! 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 2:18pm
FAI Criteria:

Must live in Dublin
Must liaise with underage coaches
Must have backroom staff imposed upon them
Must take dummy training sessions with players whose ability is nowhere near international level
Must turn water into wine
And do this for 400,000 a year

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

FAI Criteria:

Must live in Dublin
Must take dummy training sessions with players whose ability is nowhere near international level

In other words, perform the basic job of a modern coach for half a million a year. What a horrendous imposition LOL
We're decent enough..
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

FAI Criteria:

Must live in Dublin

In other words, perform the basic job of a modern coach for half a million a year. What a horrendous imposition LOL

Its a joke, we should be paying some geriatric €2m a year to sit in their villa in Italy watching DVDs who will pick the same shape / starting XI every single time regardless of form or injuries or the opponent we're up against.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

FAI Criteria:

Must live in Dublin

Its a joke, we should be paying some geriatric €2m a year to sit in their villa in Italy watching DVDs who will pick the same shape / starting XI every single time regardless of form or injuries or the opponent we're up against.
And if this coach wants to practice set pieces they should be sacked immediately.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 6:16pm
It is quite funny that people have been bashing the FAI for years for not being professional enough, and then the second they try to institute something that could be regarded as very basic best practice requirements, they get bashed for "getting above their station".
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 7:12pm
Good to see the FAI out in force to defend themselves after the shambles of the last 7 months

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2024 at 10:53pm
Bambie Thug?

She qualified The EIRE for a major tournament.  Might be worth a shot.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 429430431432433 434>
  Share Topic