Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 434>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:19pm
At least it was quick. Thought there wasn't a meeting till next week or summink
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

FAI just confirmed Kenny's exit as manager.

Daily Mirror Elvis Presley Is Dead 17/8/77 Original Newspaper -  CharityStars
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Onward and upward.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:14pm
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:08pm
[QUOTE=Trap junior]I'd be against Lee Carsley.  Never managed at senior level bar brief interim manager jobs.   Another gamble when we need someone less of a risk.
[/QUOTE
Agree.  Has to be a manager who has had some success at the top level.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'd be against Lee Carsley.  Never managed at senior level bar brief interim manager jobs.   Another gamble when we need someone less of a risk.

Who would be top of your shopping list?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:06pm
Should have gone for Emma Hayes before the Yanks snapped her up.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'll make the point again that I can't seen any of these "older" managers fitting the profile of what the likes of Canham would be looking for. Carsley on the other hand would. 

How do you know what Canham wants?
I don't - But I think it's possible to make an educated guess based on what happened with the Women's team. One of the reasons mentioned for not renewing Vera Pauw's contract is they want somebody who will fit in more to their strategic plan for the women's game. Given there is broadly something similar in place on the men's side I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that they will recruit in a similar way which would mean somebody in a head coach type role rather than a traditional International manager who's only concern is the immediate qualification in front of them. Bigger picture, more joined up thinking across the age groups, trying to build something that would sustain long term success. Does any of that scream our David Moyes or Sam Allardyce? 
Yes, I am making assumptions and time will tell if they are right. 
FAI press release refers to Kenny as “manager” and the mentions the recruitment of a “head coach”
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 8:00pm
I'd be against Lee Carsley.  Never managed at senior level bar brief interim manager jobs.   Another gamble when we need someone less of a risk.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:48pm
What about Gaza Southgate when he gets the sack after the Euros in the summer?

Can’t see him doing that well at club level myself.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Absolutely no disrespect to Steve Bruce but it would be the least inspiring appointment ever. Lazy. 

Take their time, get a panel together and deep dive into suitable candidates.

Well said that man.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:29pm
Absolutely no disrespect to Steve Bruce but it would be the least inspiring appointment ever. Lazy. 

Take their time, get a panel together and deep dive into suitable candidates.
AS YOU WERE McGx

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Steve Bruce throwing his hat in the ring 
FFS
His CV and the previous manager's CV are worlds apart if one is actually being honest though.

Edited by grannyrule - 22 Nov 2023 at 7:30pm
The only way is up
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

FFS

"I've stated before that I'd like to get back into management, but I find speculation when there's a manager in place to be very disrespectful.

The current manager had a big game against New Zealand, and hearing speculation about him being sacked is really disrespectful. I've been there myself.

I'm looking to get back into football, whether that's an international job, a director of football, an assistant to an up-and-coming manager, or a consultation role.

I'm open to anything as I miss the game. International management would appeal to me at my age, but I find speculation disrespectful while a manager is in place. Once the manager position is free, then they (FAI) can give me a call."
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

The fascination with British has been managers is f**king astounding.

this 

its like the old Daily Mail headline , 'fog in the channel continent cut off'

Look to the continent FFS 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Roy Keane with Martin O'Neill as assistant. 

LOLLOLLOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 6:37pm

FFS
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2023 at 6:24pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'll make the point again that I can't seen any of these "older" managers fitting the profile of what the likes of Canham would be looking for. Carsley on the other hand would. 

How do you know what Canham wants?
I don't - But I think it's possible to make an educated guess based on what happened with the Women's team. One of the reasons mentioned for not renewing Vera Pauw's contract is they want somebody who will fit in more to their strategic plan for the women's game. Given there is broadly something similar in place on the men's side I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that they will recruit in a similar way which would mean somebody in a head coach type role rather than a traditional International manager who's only concern is the immediate qualification in front of them. Bigger picture, more joined up thinking across the age groups, trying to build something that would sustain long term success. Does any of that scream our David Moyes or Sam Allardyce? 
Yes, I am making assumptions and time will tell if they are right. 

The FAI have stood idly by and let the NDSL disband the biggest girls league in the country - the MGL.

The MGL which has produced a number of players playing for the WNT like Kate McCabe no longer exists in it's current format. 

The North and South MGL Representative sides are both gone and the emerging talent programme which in parallel  with the MGL representative teams ceases to exist. 

The MGL wanted a representative on the board and they wanted the NDSL to adhere to the corporate governance in place by rotating board members, both were rejected and the NDLS disbanded the MGL, they then blocked 8 clubs from entering the DDSL and were then prevented from playing football.

This saga has been ongoing since the Ireland played Australia on the 1st day of the World Cup.

As of 10 days ago - the ban on those 8 teams have been lifted. 

Girls football in this country is in the absolute gutter.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 434>
  Share Topic