You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 392393394395396 434>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

No announcement this week. 
JOS not interviewed and doesn’t know if he’ll be asked to be interim manager again. 

They’re a f**king laughing stock 

Saw that JOS interview there with a few different journalists.

Even if he knew something there's not a chance he'd have said anything today.
Sponsored Links

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:59pm
And Bonner
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

And Bonner
Bonner is on the board so would require a vote am I correct in that? As opposed to Canham & hill who can be dismissed 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

And Bonner
Bonner is on the board so would require a vote am I correct in that? As opposed to Canham & hill who can be dismissed 

True. Independent director. 

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:10pm
Marc Canham, March 5: “The process of the appointment of the permanent new head coach is very close to the end, and we look forward to announcing that new permanent head coach in early April. Existing contractual obligations mean we are not in a position to announce any further details at this point, but as we have committed to, we will announce that in early-April.”
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Somebody must be in receipt of click-bait kickbacks for the 
amount of links they incessantly post to Indo articles!

Hey remember when you wanted the thread locked until April 11th?

Was something supposed to happen on the 11th? LOLLOL

Clown
11th wasn't my date, it was given by one of your acolytes, which I responded to.
Still might do all a favour with a lock, given your single post regurgitated a 100 times?
That's a bit rich, is it not?
Not sure I get your point? I said in this thread, 5 or 6 times, if no manager announced
in April, then Canham's position is untenable.
Ah come off it now. You've been very vocal and said a lot more than that over multiple threads defending the whole process and Hills actions etc. 
See some recent posts here where Canham is expected
to take the blame for managers who say thanks but no thanks. Nonsense.
My claim is that 90% of journo articles are full of sh*t. No doubt if a manager
is announced in April you will be first in line with the mea culpas?
And for the 7th time, no announcment Canham should
pack up.

Let's be clear, Canham didn't say that "a" manager would be appointed in April, he said a manager who they had reached agreement with would be appointed in early April and was only not being announced in March due to the Ire v Eng women's match (which was 7 days ago now). Canham announcing a manager he does a deal with over the next few weeks, before 30th April, will NOT, I repeat NOT, vindicate him or the process in any way or form and certainly won't lead to any mea culpas from posters on here. And that's ever before measuring whether said manager meets the requirements Canham set out for the successful candidate.

It is ludicrous to try to defend the process at this stage.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:12pm

Marc Canham, March 5: “The process of the appointment of the permanent new head coach is very close to the end, and we look forward to announcing that new permanent head coach in early April. Existing contractual obligations mean we are not in a position to announce any further details at this point, but as we have committed to, we will announce that in early-April.”

What an absolute f**king mess. It's going to go to whoever answers the phone at this stage. 

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:12pm
J'OSH grinning like a Chesire cat in that video, I'd say he has the job.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:13pm

Thanks Gerk, was looking for that. Note the reference, twice, to "early April". 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Thanks Gerk, was looking for that. Note the reference, twice, to "early April". 

There is another statement I can't find right now when he says we can 'confirm' we will announce new man in April.

I know Baldrick had it at the time. Think it was an FAI email 
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

Why should Canham and co. be allowed continue to run the recruitment process until the summer? It makes no sense that suddenly some top coach will take the job end of June. And reading between the lines of Fallon's and Riordan's articles  today Hughton and God knows who else have turned down the job? That should be the main topic of this week's board meeting.Why are out of work managers (with few enough other options) turning us down.

100% right. Theres no job in the world that you could continuously show you are incapable of performing one of your main tasks for over 6 months and still be allowed to continue in that role. If there is no manager presented to the board at tomorrows meeting to be ratified and announced immediately then then the board should be requesting his resignation. And the FAI lifer Bonner needs to go with him.

This is not a difficult task. The world of football is run by agents these days. You would expect that in a professional recruitment process they would reach out to Agency Companies and generate a list of possible candidates that way. It feels like they are just going through guys involved in English football over the last 20 years.
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:20pm
An FAI press release from Feb 28

The FAI can also confirm that an announcement for the permanent Head Coach of the Men’s National Team will be made in early April.

Head Coach John O’Shea said: "I'm delighted to return to the senior men's coaching staff as Interim Head Coach for the two international friendlies against Belgium and Switzerland.

"It will be an incredible honour to lead the side into the March international window. As everyone will know, I've always had immense pride representing my country, whether that be during my playing career or very recently, as part of the coaching staff for the men's senior team and the Under-21s.

"It’s great that Paddy has agreed to come on board for the two matches and work will begin straight away to prepare for two top-quality fixtures against great opposition in Belgium and Switzerland, in front of our fantastic home support.

“I've got great belief in this group of players to win football matches and looking forward to some positive results."

FAI Marc Canham Director of Football said: “We’re delighted to announce John and Paddy as interim Head Coach and Assistant Coach for the March fixtures. John has developed a strong level of excellent coaching experience across both domestic and international football and has recently been involved at both U21 and senior level with Ireland alongside his considerable achievements as an international player and in his club career. John knows this group of players extremely well and with the support and expertise of Paddy, we believe this team are the right choice for the interim period.

"Paddy has fantastic experience as a coach and is a great addition to the staff, alongside his current role at Crystal Palace, his experience will prove invaluable to John and the team for these next two matches.

"We are also pleased to confirm that the process for the appointment of a new Men’s Head Coach is near completion and we are looking forward to announce that appointment in April. For now, the focus is on the upcoming matches against Belgium and Switzerland at the Aviva Stadium and supporting John and his team as they prepare for the games.”

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:24pm
I can forgive a little the carsley thing. It took more than enough time but even his mate Kilbane said it must have took something big from the English FA to change his mind. 

What is not so forgiveable is no plan B it would seem.

Plus leaking to the press that announcement this week but now there's not (unless that was done maliciously by someone looking to make the process look even worse).

And if I was O'Shea and I really was being left to dry like that I wouldn't be as smiley as he was. Unless he is closer to the position than some are making it out to be. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 16 Apr 2024 at 7:24pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:26pm
Is there anything that would make o Shea pull out of the running.  
AKA pedantic kunt
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:27pm
If the new manager is announced in April, job done. I see already
the Jesuitical arguments being prepared....ah yes a manager was
announced...but not the manager they had lined up
initially. 

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

And verbal agreements count for little until the paperwork is signed, sealed and delivered. A major miscalculation on the part of the FAI to ever set a date or a specific period, especially if there was only one option. If that fell apart it meant there was nothing left.

It’s clear that this was not a deliberated or calculated delay. This is inertia brought on by poor planning. I think unless an announcement happens in the next day or so, this saga will draw out for longer.

That's a fair point. Canham may have overegged the pudding by claiming or insinuating they had their man. He was talking in terms of announcing a manager in several weeks' time - anything could have gone wrong in the meantime (and probably did).
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:28pm

If the new manager is announced in April, job done. I see already
the Jesuitical arguments being prepared....ah yes a manager was
announced...but not the manager they had lined up
initially. 

Clown
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What is not so forgiveable is no plan B it would seem.

This, exactly. F**k-ups happen, but having no contingency plan in this situation is beyond daft. 

Edited by Fitz - 16 Apr 2024 at 7:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 392393394395396 434>
  Share Topic