You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 391392393394395 434>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Somebody must be in receipt of click-bait kickbacks for the 
amount of links they incessantly post to Indo articles!

Hey remember when you wanted the thread locked until April 11th?

Was something supposed to happen on the 11th? LOLLOL

Clown
11th wasn't my date, it was given by one of your acolytes, which I responded to.
Still might do all a favour with a lock, given your single post regurgitated a 100 times?
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

anyone who wants that sectarian wife beating ginger deserves everything we have coming to us when he's inevitably hired. We're a disgrace 

Who said they wanted him though?? Stating that he’d be a better choice than JOS would, in all likelihood, be an accurate claim, but he’d be a poor choice overall as well. 

Not sure how you’re making out that he’s “sectarian”, given that he’s been the victim of sectarianism many times over the years. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:27pm

Clown
11th wasn't my date, it was given by one of your acolytes, which I responded to.
Still might do all a favour with a lock, given your single post regurgitated a 100 times?
That's a bit rich, is it not?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:30pm
Neil O'Riordan saying no appointment this week.

Also says that fresh approaches have been made to several candidates and not just Hughton. Would be in line with the reports they approached Anthony Barry a few weeks ago as well.

Guess we'll have to see what comes after tomorrow's board meeting 

Edited by wanderer - 16 Apr 2024 at 6:36pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:35pm
Early April was an utter spoof.
There is no manager right now. No agreement. 
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Clown
Not sure I get your point? I said in this thread, 5 or 6 times, if no manager announced
in April, then Canham's position is untenable.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Also says that fresh approaches have been made to several candidates and not just Hughton. Would be in line with the reports they approached Anthony Barry a few weeks ago as well.

It does sound like Carsley (or someone similar) was lined up about four or five weeks ago and ready to sign on the dotted line, but for whatever reason the whole thing went pear shaped and now they are left scrambling for a candidate.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Early April was an utter spoof.
There is no manager right now. No agreement. 

I'm not sure if it was a spoof Ger. There could be many reasons. Now I'm not making excuses for how they've gone about it. It's a mess, there was no plan B after Carsley.

Personally my opinion is someone told them yeah I'm your man, verbal agreement which means nothing, Canham went out and said it's nearly done early April. Something went wrong and they'd nothing agreed.

It makes Canham look like a bigger fool again if he went public with nothing on paper.

I could be completely wide of the mark but I do think he believed it was nearly done but he shouldn't have said anything because he nailed himself to April.

But overall an absolute mess of a process, which puts it lightly 

Edited by wanderer - 16 Apr 2024 at 6:44pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

It does sound like Carsley (or someone similar) was lined up about four or five weeks ago and ready to sign on the dotted line, but for whatever reason the whole thing went pear shaped and now they are left scrambling for a candidate.

Yeah that's pretty much my view of it as well. Carsley definitely spoke to them more than the once he claims.

I reckon Canham had a verbal agreement with someone that went pear shaped as you say and this is the result.

Still an absolute joke of a process and handled so very badly. Canham should be next out the door

Edited by wanderer - 16 Apr 2024 at 6:42pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:41pm
They are some shower of clowns.   Nobody could defend this if what GerK says is true. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:44pm
Why would the brief the press last week that there would be an announcement this week if they didn't have somebody lined up?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:46pm
And verbal agreements count for little until the paperwork is signed, sealed and delivered. A major miscalculation on the part of the FAI to ever set a date or a specific period, especially if there was only one option. If that fell apart it meant there was nothing left.

It’s clear that this was not a deliberated or calculated delay. This is inertia brought on by poor planning. I think unless an announcement happens in the next day or so, this saga will draw out for longer.
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:47pm
Why should Canham and co. be allowed continue to run the recruitment process until the summer? It makes no sense that suddenly some top coach will take the job end of June. And reading between the lines of Fallon's and Riordan's articles  today Hughton and God knows who else have turned down the job? That should be the main topic of this week's board meeting.Why are out of work managers (with few enough other options) turning us down.

Edited by Sham96 - 16 Apr 2024 at 6:49pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:48pm

Clown
Not sure I get your point? I said in this thread, 5 or 6 times, if no manager announced
Ah come off it now. You've been very vocal and said a lot more than that over multiple threads defending the whole process and Hills actions etc. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Why would the brief the press last week that there would be an announcement this week if they didn't have somebody lined up?

They have done that five times now!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:57pm
No announcement this week. 
JOS not interviewed and doesn’t know if he’ll be asked to be interim manager again. 

They’re a f**king laughing stock 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:58pm
Canham needs to follow Hill out the door. f**king shambolic
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:58pm

Clown
Ah come off it now. You've been very vocal and said a lot more than that over multiple threads defending the whole process and Hills actions etc. 
See some recent posts here where Canham is expected
to take the blame for managers who say thanks but no thanks. Nonsense.
My claim is that 90% of journo articles are full of sh*t. No doubt if a manager
is announced in April you will be first in line with the mea culpas?
And for the 7th time, no announcment Canham should
pack up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 391392393394395 434>
  Share Topic