Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 389390391392393 434>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Would prefer Mick McCarthy over the current frontrunners

Nah even Mick is past it now i think. 
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:12pm
I can remember Hughton being linked with Ghana in the media before he became their technical advisor. So I can't see him being named manager this week out of the blue. Or anyone else for that matter including O'Shea. It would have leaked by now especially with the scatter gun nature of this recruitment. The Hughton "leak" to O'Riordan sounds like kite flying by the FAI.

Edited by Sham96 - 16 Apr 2024 at 2:15pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

I can remember Hughton being linked with Ghana in the media before he became their technical advisor. So I can't see him being named manager this week out of the blue. Or anyone else for that matter including O'Shea. It would have leaked by now especially with the scatter gun nature of this recruitment. The Hughton "leak" to O'Riordan sounds like kite flying by the FAI.

LOLLOL
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:24pm
Macúls name being mentioned by a few journos now. 
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:27pm
I believe any of Hughton, McCarthy or Bruce (or similar type  managers) would be able to get ths side competitive enough that we would finish above Finland and possibly Greece as well. I don't think we would lose to either side home or away. But they will need the upcoming friendlies.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:41pm
Didn’t want Lenny but I think I’d actually want prefer him to Hughton.

It tells a lot that a lot of people would now settle for CH happily enough, when he was being absolutely ridiculed on here for his style of play a few years back. What a shambles. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Didn’t want Lenny but I think I’d actually want prefer him to Hughton.

It tells a lot that a lot of people would now settle for CH happily enough, when he was being absolutely ridiculed on here for his style of play a few years back. What a shambles. 

A few weeks back! His team were a shambles in AFCON and he sacked off the back of it.

Should be nowhere near the f**king job.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:53pm
I'd like Steve Bruce.

- born leader

- loads of experience with a wide variety PL clubs

- track record of (mostly) success avoiding relegation, 4 PL promotions with teams similar to us

- knows a lot of the players and JOS

- really wants the job

- Irish citizen, son played for us, 

- fundamentally decent and likeable bloke.

Otherwise I like Chris Coleman in light of the innovative approach he took for Wales, though not delighted about the cut of his jib. 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 2:55pm
Genuinley out of this lot of names we could do no worse than Keane with Delap, they are doing a fine job in Israel and for anyone who says he shouldn't get the job because he works in Israel its nonsense. The same lads probably know people who work in Dubai or Saudi or the States who are equally as bad for dropping bombs on innocent kids and wouldn't bat an eye lid at them.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 16 Apr 2024 at 2:56pm
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

I'd like Steve Bruce.

- born leader

- loads of experience with a wide variety PL clubs

- track record of (mostly) success avoiding relegation, 4 PL promotions with teams similar to us

- knows a lot of the players and JOS

- really wants the job

- Irish citizen, son played for us, 

- fundamentally decent and likeable bloke.

Otherwise I like Chris Coleman in light of the innovative approach he took for Wales, though not delighted about the cut of his jib. 
Ian Paisley: "You cannot be an Ulsterman without being an Irishman."
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

who?
I love beer gardens
JurgenKloppsTeeth View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JurgenKloppsTeeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 3:26pm

forgive my ignorance but who or what is a Macul? Do you mean Fionn MacCumhaill?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

who?

https://twitter.com/officialMacul88
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

who?

https://twitter.com/officialMacul88

LOL i walked into that one Pinch
I love beer gardens
Inkennywetrust View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inkennywetrust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Genuinley out of this lot of names we could do no worse than Keane with Delap, they are doing a fine job in Israel and for anyone who says he shouldn't get the job because he works in Israel its nonsense. The same lads probably know people who work in Dubai or Saudi or the States who are equally as bad for dropping bombs on innocent kids and wouldn't bat an eye lid at them.

Nothing in those countries is like what Israel are doing.

Robbie Keane would be the worst appointment bar none since it'd cause fans to boycott and bring a general discomfort among the public around the team. It's irrelevant how he's doing. 

Thankfully even the FAI aren't foolish enough to entertain that idea. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Robbie ironically is probably our most promising young manager at moment, but it would be a(nother!) PA disaster for the FAI. The first press conference would be a sh*t show and the whole thing would get off on the wrong foot.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:19pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:28pm
I'm almost starting to feel embarrassed for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 389390391392393 434>
  Share Topic