Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 433>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

To me it looks like Carsley had as close to a verbal agreement as you could get and was in the eyes of the FAI going to take it. Never anything signed and you'd imagine the carry on over the last few weeks was enough for anyone with the smallest bit of a reputation to run a mile.

Your standard FAI shambles. It will end up being Willy Sagnol. YBIG by pure fluke have stumbled on the next Ireland manager.

Canham and Hill should be marched out the door as soon as an appointment is made.

He's said he had one meeting and nothing came of it. So either he's lying there and what you say is true, or we've all well and truly had the wool pulled over our eyes. 

I was always convinced it was Carsley, based purely on why would he would let the speculation go on for 4 months for a job he'd rejected? I found his "I only had an hour meeting in November" line the most bizarre. There is absolutely no chance that's true. Staying silent for 4 months for an hour meeting, yeah sure. But why even say that it was a 1 hour meeting now? If he'd said I'd met the FAI but the job wasn't the right time for me it would be plausible.  

It's fairly clearly a case of covering his bases now that's it completely dead in the water. I would imagine it actually came very close to being done, but now that Carsley knows he's staying on for sure he's coming out with the old "there was never any doubt in my mind I was staying here".
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 5:55pm
So the long and short of it is none of us still have a clue. 

I wonder will the signing of a contract with Sky put a few more bobs into the war chest.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 5:58pm
So Gus poyets AM at Greece is his 28 year old son? Mad ted
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

So the long and short of it is none of us still have a clue. 

I wonder will the signing of a contract with Sky put a few more bobs into the war chest.

It does seem incredible that we're now into late March and nobody has the foggiest who the next manager might be - we don't even know what the shortlist is.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

So Gus poyets AM at Greece is his 28 year old son? Mad ted

Was a wonderkid in Fm15 always wondered what became of him LOL
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:30pm
It was always going to be O'Shea as a few of us stated. The only thing that will change that if the public turn against the interim team following the two friendlies. They absolutely do not have a mystery manager lined up to take over in April. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:34pm
If it’s OShea, Canham position is no longer tenable not because OShea would be a bad manager but because he would have effectively lied or misled the public.  You can’t say what he said and then appoint the interim manager. It has to be someone who can’t couldn’t take the job due to contractual reasons and it needs to be a believable reason and not some technicality.  
AKA pedantic kunt
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

To me it looks like Carsley had as close to a verbal agreement as you could get and was in the eyes of the FAI going to take it. Never anything signed and you'd imagine the carry on over the last few weeks was enough for anyone with the smallest bit of a reputation to run a mile.

Your standard FAI shambles. It will end up being Willy Sagnol. YBIG by pure fluke have stumbled on the next Ireland manager.

Canham and Hill should be marched out the door as soon as an appointment is made.

He's said he had one meeting and nothing came of it. So either he's lying there and what you say is true, or we've all well and truly had the wool pulled over our eyes. 

I was always convinced it was Carsley, based purely on why would he would let the speculation go on for 4 months for a job he'd rejected? I found his "I only had an hour meeting in November" line the most bizarre. There is absolutely no chance that's true. Staying silent for 4 months for an hour meeting, yeah sure. But why even say that it was a 1 hour meeting now? If he'd said I'd met the FAI but the job wasn't the right time for me it would be plausible.  

Agree there. They've had multiple meetings. You wouldn't stay so quiet to the idle speculation had you not done so.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:37pm
The only certainty is that it is definitely not O'Shea. If it is Poyet (it's not), then might as well pack it all in now. And Sky will want their money back! 
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:38pm
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGePnxet1/

I think Dan Mc nails it in what he says in this clip
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:45pm
Carsley's account of what took place sounds believable to me. Similar to what Lennon reported in his conversation with the three Amigos. Why Canham has said what he said in relation to a new manager to be announced in early April always sounded to me like nonsense.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

Carsley's account of what took place sounds believable to me. Similar to what Lennon reported in his conversation with the three Amigos. Why Canham has said what he said in relation to a new manager to be announced in early April always sounded to me like nonsense.

And what if it's not nonsense and they've just kept it extremely tight and 0 leaks and say they do have someone lined up ?

I don't know, you don't know, we just have to wait and see what comes
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Razors left peg Razors left peg wrote:

Does he though? Sounds more like a frustrated journalist with no inside info complaining because hes nothing to write about
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:53pm

What that they had a casual meeting back in November and nobody pushed it further? Hmmmmmmm i wonder. 
I love beer gardens
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Does he though? Sounds more like a frustrated journalist with no inside info complaining because hes nothing to write about

Well you had idiots like me convinced it was Carsley. Personally speaking I wish that narrative was killed long time ago. Now we are in a situation that no matter who they announce a lot of us won't be happy because it feels like a let down. I can't think of a single person in world football that is worth all this secrecy. If it's Poyet for example , speaking solely for myself I'll be furious
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

And what if it's not nonsense and they've just kept it extremely tight and 0 leaks and say they do have someone lined up ?

I don't know, you don't know, we just have to wait and see what comes
They have given three vague dates so far when a permanent manager was supposed to be unveiled with "early" April the latest one. When "early" April comes and goes without the mystery manager I'll see you back here then I hope.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 7:11pm

It was always going to be O'Shea as a few of us stated. The only thing that will change that if the public turn against the interim team following the two friendlies. They absolutely do not have a mystery manager lined up to take over in April. 

I'm pretty sure you were saying a few weeks back that Crawford was going to be the interim manager and would be hard to move after a friendly with Lithuania.... 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 7:21pm

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Well you had idiots like me convinced it was Carsley. Personally speaking I wish that narrative was killed long time ago. Now we are in a situation that no matter who they announce a lot of us won't be happy because it feels like a let down. I can't think of a single person in world football that is worth all this secrecy. If it's Poyet for example , speaking solely for myself I'll be furious

Jesus I think you are taking it all a bit seriously. It’s not life or death, it’s just a football managerial appointment for a mid ranking nation in Europe. What’s the cost of secrecy.  You say it better be worth all this secrecy.  There is no cost to the secrecy. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 280281282283284 433>
  Share Topic