You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 276277278279280 430>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:02pm
It's going to be O'Shea.
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

It's going to be O'Shea.

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:11pm
1.Out of contract at the end of the month so can’t appoint him until then which Poyet is.
2. A manager with previous international experience that can get his team playing half decent football 
3. the FAI have stated they want a “head coach” rather than a manager who has free reign over everything. Poyet is head coach at Greece currently.
4. John O’Shea was his captain at Sunderland and they are very close from that time together so it would make sense he would fall in behind him.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying I definitely think it’s Poyet but he does seem to tick an awful lot of boxes at the moment. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Mar 2024 at 12:14pm
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I said this a couple of weeks back and I'd still wager than Canham is spoofing and they have nobody lined up and he said he ''couldn;t speak due to contractual arrangements'' was a line used to buy himself 6 weeks and also wouldn't have to face criticism of the process.

If they do have someone lined up thn it is some 3rd world manager that will leave us wanting to give up

I have a feeling this is right. And it’ll result in O’Shea being given the job.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:23pm
So long as it isn't Simon Harris...

Oh wait, mixing up my threads. Hope my post just now on the politics thread that Gus Poyet was a shoe in hasn't caused too many ructions.....
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:23pm
FAI are a joke if its poyet. Just let O'Shea take the reins for 2 years and see where we are then. 
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:25pm
Dan McDonnell did an AMA on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ybig/comments/1bit2m4/im_dan_mcdonnell_football_correspondent_for_the/

Always a good lad, Dan, based on my dealings with him.

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

It's going to be O'Shea.

I've nothing against the guy but his CV is positively threadbare for international management. A fella from the League of Ireland would nearly be as qualified as him.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:37pm

I said this a couple of weeks back and I'd still wager than Canham is spoofing and they have nobody lined up and he said he ''couldn;t speak due to contractual arrangements'' was a line used to buy himself 6 weeks and also wouldn't have to face criticism of the process.

If they do have someone lined up thn it is some 3rd world manager that will leave us wanting to give up

Yep..me and you, brothers in arms on this 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:43pm
Fair play to the lads who were adamant all along that it's not Carsley. No contact since November is bizarre. 

Really looks like Canham has not got a fooking notion what he's at. 
Here we go again
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Do yous honestly think that Canham would hold a press conference with O'Shea, say that the recruitment process is near its end point, existing contractual arrangements are preventing them from making an announcement until early April, practically rule out O'Shea from a permanent role, while all along not having anyone lined up and just saying all this to buy himself 6 weeks of no criticism? 

I find that very difficult to believe and that they wouldn't be aware of the damage limitations surrounding making statements like that with no substance behind it. 

It's Bruce. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:48pm
Lads still pushing Poyet ffs. Why would Greece let him stay on for the playoffs but then let him go if they win
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:49pm
Anthony Barry still a runner ?
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 12:59pm
Sagnol is favourite now. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Sagnol is favourite now. 

Sure his agent said they'd had no contact from the fai. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Do yous honestly think that Canham would hold a press conference with O'Shea, say that the recruitment process is near its end point, existing contractual arrangements are preventing them from making an announcement until early April, practically rule out O'Shea from a permanent role, while all along not having anyone lined up and just saying all this to buy himself 6 weeks of no criticism? 

I find that very difficult to believe and that they wouldn't be aware of the damage limitations surrounding making statements like that with no substance behind it. 

It's Bruce. 

I've never heard of a manager who couldn't be announced due to a pre-existing contract.  Smells like bullsh*t to me.  Why cannot it be announced?Confused

But I have heard of plenty of managers who have been named the manager of a team who have to see out the season with another team.

Of course the recruitment  process is near its end. However how you interpret 'near the end' is open to anyone's guess.  Could be 2 months away or 2 weeks away.  How long is a piece of string?

The only people in the running it appears now are Amfanny Barry, Gustavo Poyet  and Free Willy.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 1:04pm
To me it looks like Carsley had as close to a verbal agreement as you could get and was in the eyes of the FAI going to take it. Never anything signed and you'd imagine the carry on over the last few weeks was enough for anyone with the smallest bit of a reputation to run a mile.

Your standard FAI shambles. It will end up being Willy Sagnol. YBIG by pure fluke have stumbled on the next Ireland manager.

Canham and Hill should be marched out the door as soon as an appointment is made.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

To me it looks like Carsley had as close to a verbal agreement as you could get and was in the eyes of the FAI going to take it. Never anything signed and you'd imagine the carry on over the last few weeks was enough for anyone with the smallest bit of a reputation to run a mile.

Your standard FAI shambles. It will end up being Willy Sagnol. YBIG by pure fluke have stumbled on the next Ireland manager.

Canham and Hill should be marched out the door as soon as an appointment is made.

He's said he had one meeting and nothing came of it. So either he's lying there and what you say is true, or we've all well and truly had the wool pulled over our eyes. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 276277278279280 430>
  Share Topic