You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

O'Shea knows he's not getting the job now so they should make it clear to him that his job is to blood players in both of those games. 
Does he though? He was probably fed the same nonsense from Canham as the rest of us.

He sat next to Canham at a press conference where he said he wasn't getting it this time.
And if he was actually going to give it to him then they would just do it now. 
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 11:40am

O'Shea knows he's not getting the job now so they should make it clear to him that his job is to blood players in both of those games. 
Does he though? He was probably fed the same nonsense from Canham as the rest of us.

He sat next to Canham at a press conference where he said he wasn't getting it this time.
I don't think we should be taking anything Canham said at that press conference as anything other than nonsense.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 11:56am

Why do you continue to believe the words of a bullsh*tter.  He has been shown to have been talking absolute bollox and bluffing to buy time.

I wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth.

O'Shea will get the job bar a disastrous two games
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:04pm

[QUOTE=Borussia]O'Shea knows he's not getting the job now so they should make it clear to him that his job is to blood players in both of those games. 

I don't think we should be taking anything Canham said at that press conference as anything other than nonsense.[/QUOTE

Ok, so ignore that part then if you want.
The other part still works as a stand alone point. If they were going to give it to him then would do it now rather than wasting another window.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why do you continue to believe the words of a bullsh*tter.  He has been shown to have been talking absolute bollox and bluffing to buy time.

I wouldn't believe a word out of his mouth.

O'Shea will get the job bar a disastrous two games

My take on it as well Confused
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:09pm
They should announce the new RoI manager using the Take Me Out format with John O'Shea as the host. The thirty lads linked with the job [Carsley, Sagnol, Poyet, Lennon, Barry etc] standing on the stage while Marc Canham flounces around turning their lights off one by one.  

Now let the Starsky see the Hutch! Let the onion see the bhaji! Let the wood see the pecker! Let the rubber see the duck! Let the spoof see the merchant!

Carsley is the only one to turn his light off straight away leaving Canham with 29 lights on.

Canham does his video presentation for round two with comments from Packie Bonner and Jonathan Hill talking about what a great bloke he is. 27 more lights go off.

For round 3 Canham performs his skill, which is bluffing. 1 more light goes off which leaves Steve Bruce as the last man standing.

Off Canham and Bruce go, hand in hand, to the Isle of Fernando's.

Edited by razzmatazaz - 26 Apr 2024 at 12:11pm
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:10pm
The FAI say a lot of stuff. They made categorical statements to the effect that we’d have a manager in place right now. We don’t. We are now going into a fresh set of friendly matches where it appears JOS won’t be for changing. So, the jumping off point will be the Nations League, which will be 10 months after SK’s departure.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:12pm
They have somebody they could give the job to now. They chose not to and continue their search. 
That's why it won't be O'Shea.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:15pm

They have somebody they could give the job to now. They chose not to and continue their search. 

I would argue it’s because they have no supporting reasons to give it to him now. The friendly match’s give them time on that. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:19pm

[QUOTE=Borussia]O'Shea knows he's not getting the job now so they should make it clear to him that his job is to blood players in both of those games. 

I don't think we should be taking anything Canham said at that press conference as anything other than nonsense.[/QUOTE

Ok, so ignore that part then if you want.
The other part still works as a stand alone point. If they were going to give it to him then would do it now rather than wasting another window.
Im not ignoring anything and if we're being pedantic about it, Canham didn't say anything about it at the press conference, the question was put to OShea and he said "look, they'll take care of itself". Anyway, we're all well aware that the whole process has been shambolic and I d9nt see how anyone could rule out O'Shea getting it at this stage. 

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 26 Apr 2024 at 12:20pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I would argue it’s because they have no supporting reasons to give it to him now. The friendly match’s give them time on that. 

There were plenty on here saying the same before the friendlies last month - They didn't give him the job after that. He's not getting it this time. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:22pm
If O’Shea does well in the two friendlies he gets the job. Simple as. Amazing people believe anything to the contrary at this stage. 

Only saving grace is he showed himself up to be so clueless against the Swiss under a bit of pressure that I’m not sure he’s capable of it against the opposition in question. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:26pm

Sure Eileen Gleeson was only supposed to be a stopgap. 

These lads couldn't find the manager in a supermarket.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

If O’Shea does well in the two friendlies he gets the job. Simple as. Amazing people believe anything to the contrary at this stage. 

Only saving grace is he showed himself up to be so clueless against the Swiss under a bit of pressure that I’m not sure he’s capable of it against the opposition in question. 

I'm genuinely not sure what the game plan was beyond holding on to a 0-0 draw for as long as possible.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:37pm

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

JOS confirmed for June. Same coaching staff minus Kerr who has prior commitments 

Wonder what Kerrs commitments are.

Kerr be raging he cant be involved again.

He pretty much ruled himself out of any future involvement after the last set of friendlies. No surprise he isn't involved. 

Why? What did he do?  Got locked in the bar and smashed up the hotel?LOL

or did he invite that Pats fan into the team hotel?

League of Ireland fan opens up on infamous viral video almost ten years on  - Irish Mirror Online

If you close your eyes while your man talks, you'd be forgiven if you thought it was Kerr giving the interview LOL.
Maybe it's his son?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:38pm

There were plenty on here saying the same before the friendlies last month - They didn't give him the job after that. He's not getting it this time. 

It didn’t go in a way that set the necessary narrative. A draw with a second string Belgian team and a defeat, with no goals scored. You can’t sell that.

I don’t dispute that it probably won’t be JOS, but I won’t rule it out until the contract on the new man is signed, sealed and delivered.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I'm genuinely not sure what the game plan was beyond holding on to a 0-0 draw for as long as possible.
Because that's exactly what it was. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2024 at 12:58pm

It didn’t go in a way that set the necessary narrative. A draw with a second string Belgian team and a defeat, with no goals scored. You can’t sell that.

I don’t dispute that it probably won’t be JOS, but I won’t rule it out until the contract on the new man is signed, sealed and delivered.

Can you really sell a positive result in June's games too?

Like we play Portugal a week before their first game in the Euros. Portugal will likely give less of a f**k than Belgium did in March. Likely the same with Hungary as the important thing for these teams is nobody gets injured pre tournament.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430>
  Share Topic