You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 430>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

They have their man. It's obviously Willy Sagnol (In my opinion anyway)  If they had nobody and were so inept they would just appoint JOS no?

It's the lads who are claiming people here and calling them every name under the sun who I'm laughing at tbh. The toxicity level is so high you wouldn't see it in a women's prison ffs Smile

It's embarrassing to say the least. 

The guy who couldn't get any kind of job for four years due to being an unrepentant racist is your shout yeah   ?

I suppose you didn't even know that.
My shout or my choice?

Two very different things Mr Scissors Kick but you know that

Edited by scottyccfc - 20 Apr 2024 at 12:40am
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Sponsored Links

scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:40am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

They have their man. It's obviously Willy Sagnol (In my opinion anyway)  If they had nobody and were so inept they would just appoint JOS no?

It's the lads who are claiming people here and calling them every name under the sun who I'm laughing at tbh. The toxicity level is so high you wouldn't see it in a women's prison ffs Smile

Sunlight hurt your eyes when you came out from under that rock today???

Huh??

Edited by scottyccfc - 20 Apr 2024 at 12:41am
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:42am

The guy who couldn't get any kind of job for four years due to being an unrepentant racist is your shout yeah   ?

My shout or my choice?

The thing you think will happen so, let's put it that way. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Jesus. Canham's performance has been disastrous.  Only 3 weeks ago he told the board not to listen to rumours and thayt they were on course for an April announcement.

I am amazed he hasnt been sacked.
Agreed. He 100% won't last the month. FAI won't sack two people in the space of a month though. They are stupid but not that stupid.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:43am

Jesus. Canham's performance has been disastrous.  Only 3 weeks ago he told the board not to listen to rumours and thayt they were on course for an April announcement.

Agreed. He 100% won't last the month. FAI won't sack two people in the space of a month though. They are stupid but not that stupid.

& it'd hurt his feelings. He might read about it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:44am

My shout or my choice?

The thing you think will happen so, let's put it that way. 

Yes, it's what I think will happen, it doesn't mean I agree with it ffs.
Have you been drinking tonight kid?
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:45am

They have no one. Never did. And I was a believer. I was sure there was a masterplan. I was in hook, line and sinker thinking they had Carsley. When it wasn't Carlsey I still believed they had someone. Announced this week was spread last week. Now... nothing until September. 

I don't know if I'm more angry at the FAI or at myself for believing them. I was an idiot. Don't be like me 
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:45am

& it'd hurt his feelings. He might read about it.

You really are rattled to the core. Love it Tongue

I can see how this place gets to the Toxic levels it's at. It's very addictive.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 12:50am
Originally posted by Razors left peg Razors left peg wrote:

They have no one. Never did. And I was a believer. I was sure there was a masterplan. I was in hook, line and sinker thinking they had Carsley. When it wasn't Carlsey I still believed they had someone. Announced this week was spread last week. Now... nothing until September. 

I don't know if I'm more angry at the FAI or at myself for believing them. I was an idiot. Don't be like me 

A very level headed reply RLP

Im just not there yet, I refuse to believe even the FAI are this stupid. I just refuse to believe it Smile
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 1:02am

Im just not there yet, I refuse to believe even the FAI are this stupid. I just refuse to believe it Smile

Except the top boss just got canned over this & the leader of the manager search got sent out to apologise for having been this stupid. 

It's not a matter of how anyone sees it, the above is how it is. 
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 1:59am
What irks me more than anything is that in the backdrop of the FAI and Irish football at international level in general being a complete sh*tshow, a CEO who didnt give a sh*t, and an managerial recruitment process lasting longer than most pregnancies, we had a team underperforming with no manager , I and most fans still wanted to attend the recent friendlies. And yet I, like everyone else not living in Dublin, was basically told to go f**k myself by this organisation of complete and utter clowns with their BS ticket bundling.

All this nonsense completely puts me off forking out to watch them, why would I reward such an inept organisation that holds the country with such contempt with my money? If I wasn't Irish I'd be on here every day pissing myself laughing probably, what a complete and total joke Irish football is. LOI only thing that gives even a crumb of optimism.
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:04am
And I wouldn't even mind the search taking this long, but Canham explicitly said, numerous times, up until literal weeks ago, that it was done, we had our man, couldnt announce yet for legal reasons etc etc etc. Blatant nonsense from the moment he said it and yet it was doubled down on again and again even though nobody bought it, and lo and behold, rather than face the music, pump out some propaganda video and duck off again for a few weeks. 

Zero accountability, zero competence, zero structure, complete vibes and living in the past and shure we beat Italy once and ah lads look we had Roy Keane yada yada just make us tough to beat our natural level is second seeds Bonner saved a pen once he'll be qualified for an exec role etc etc

Jokers
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:30am
Originally posted by DC96 DC96 wrote:

What irks me more than anything is that in the backdrop of the FAI and Irish football at international level in general being a complete sh*tshow, a CEO who didnt give a sh*t, and an managerial recruitment process lasting longer than most pregnancies, we had a team underperforming with no manager , I and most fans still wanted to attend the recent friendlies. And yet I, like everyone else not living in Dublin, was basically told to go f**k myself by this organisation of complete and utter clowns with their BS ticket bundling.

All this nonsense completely puts me off forking out to watch them, why would I reward such an inept organisation that holds the country with such contempt with my money? If I wasn't Irish I'd be on here every day pissing myself laughing probably, what a complete and total joke Irish football is. LOI only thing that gives even a crumb of optimism.

I think the people will send a sobering reminder to this shower in the June friendlies on that front.  An organised boycott wouldn't be an overreaction at all. 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:31am
Originally posted by DC96 DC96 wrote:

And I wouldn't even mind the search taking this long, but Canham explicitly said, numerous times, up until literal weeks ago, that it was done, we had our man, couldnt announce yet for legal reasons etc etc etc. Blatant nonsense from the moment he said it and yet it was doubled down on again and again even though nobody bought it, and lo and behold, rather than face the music, pump out some propaganda video and duck off again for a few weeks. 

Zero accountability, zero competence, zero structure, complete vibes and living in the past and shure we beat Italy once and ah lads look we had Roy Keane yada yada just make us tough to beat our natural level is second seeds Bonner saved a pen once he'll be qualified for an exec role etc etc

Jokers

Nutshell. Everything you said. 
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:39am
I don't get it. Albania, Georgia, Finland, Iceland and Sweden can get managers on less than what we're offering who can get a tune out of them [I know one is not like the other]. Surely our proximity to the UK and the best league in the world would make it a halfway attractive proposition to someone like a Sagnol, Sylvinho or Andersson who are looking for a realistic stepping stone to a higher profile role in Britain. Are we that sh*t that we can't attract people of that mold? 
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 2:57am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

I don't get it. Albania, Georgia, Finland, Iceland and Sweden can get managers on less than what we're offering who can get a tune out of them [I know one is not like the other]. Surely our proximity to the UK and the best league in the world would make it a halfway attractive proposition to someone like a Sagnol, Sylvinho or Andersson who are looking for a realistic stepping stone to a higher profile role in Britain. Are we that sh*t that we can't attract people of that mold? 

Not at all.
We do need to drop the expectation level a notch. Major finals regularly only happened once in our footballing history & with a very different set of players to those we now have. 

But, I think the reason we don't have a perfectly acceptable person already in place is the idiot we sent out to get one. Anyone can see Canham is a corporate talking bluff merchant, even after all this he still said to trust the process today, that should be parody, its comedic, but he said it and expects people to buy in.

What do you think happened when he started that kind of chat with prospective managers  ?  
They got themselves out of there. 

It's his brief, international experience, club experience, qualification for finals, oversee the health of the overall football situation in Ireland, head coach, for half a middle of the road Championship wage. Basically carry the can for the lot  .... with no fcuking midfield. 
No wonder they scattered. 

Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 4:24am

Originally posted by Razors left peg Razors left peg wrote:

A very level headed reply RLP

You sound like me in early April. I genuinely thought they were a more professional outfit. With the goings on this week and then seeing Canham on camera there today they are anything but. As Scissors Kick said, can you imagine any good coach sitting down with that guy and taking his corporate speech nonsense seriously. That was as bad a public statement as Ive heard from anyone in a very long time. That guy is telling prospective Managers who they can have in their backroom staff and how they are supposed to play football apparently. THAT GUY! He would be their direct boss. I work in corporate America and the place is full of spoofers like Canham. They often get quite high in companies before they get found out. This is where Canham has been found out and its as public a fcuk up as you could ask for.
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 5:57am
I believe it was Souness who said never work for someone called Rupert (in reference to then Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe). And we have the same problem here with Marc (with a c).. It is possible (but unlikely) that the FAI and Marc (with a c) with their ridiculous pre conditions are trying to ensure O'Shea gets the job or penny pinching. The more likely scenario is managers agents see Marc(with a c) as a moron and use him to get their guy a current profile and in the the shop window with no intention of taking the Ireland job ala Gus Poyet.

Edited by Sham96 - 20 Apr 2024 at 6:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 416417418419420 430>
  Share Topic