You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 430>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Razors left peg Razors left peg wrote:

This is Will Sagnol....

Sagnol told the Sud Ouest daily [link in French]: "The advantage of the typical African player is that he is not expensive when you take him, he's generally ready to fight and he is powerful on the pitch. But football is not just that, it's also technique, intelligence, discipline."

The former Monaco and Bayern Munich full-back said a good team needed "Nordics” as well.

“Nordics are good. They have a good mentality,” he said. “A football team is a mixture, it's like life, it's like France. You have defenders, attackers, midfielders, fast ones, big ones, small ones and technical ones."

I hope that's not who we've pinned our hopes on
Oh for the love of fu*king Jesus..... I hear you're a racist now Wily 
Pretty grim views there, its 2024 Wily ....
The media would be all over this if he got the gig, apart from the fact that he's clearly a racist imbecile. ...if he said this obvs.
Sponsored Links

TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Just read the Canham statement and his "apology". With no explanation whatsoever as to why the process was not completed in "early April" as promised. No explanation in relation to "contractual obligations". An apology without an explanation is not good enough. An apology with an explanation would still probably not be good enough! If something went seriously wrong they should just state that. They don't have to name any individual or throw anyone under the bus. Canham will be gone by end of year anyway, but if he has any integrity he should just go now.

You spent months telling everyone how wrong they were when it was as obvious as the sky being blue what was happening. You tried to discredit every single journalist as being unreliable, every single forum member who voiced concern as idiotic.

You're never leaving this down.

LOLLOLLOLLOL
I do apologise, if I in any way, appeared to dismiss or diminish your grave concerns on this matter. I was wrong, my opinion was wrong, I chose to believe Canham, as opposed to, say believing someone like you. For that I will will be eternally regretful. Further, I can offer you my full assurance that in the future I will believe our intrepid football correspondents, even when on a daily basis, they announce so and so is now firmly "in the frame". And of course, we will have daily updates from our journos for the next 6 months. Please continue to closely monitor my posts for any future egregious opinions which lie outside the YBIG Overton window.
Sincerely,
Jonathan.

Your problem was your blind distrust with the reporters. 
They have been, by and large, on the ball for the whole process. 

Names were 'firmly' linked as they were talked to. 

Is there even one name what was reported on that was wrong?

I'm not the one who specifically named individual journalists and labelled them..."clowns", "spoofers" and "charlatans". Simply stating that "sources claim" and "the Irish Independent understands" is not high quality journalism, particularly when the claims are mutually contradictory, on a week to week basis. If you list every manager under the sun as being "in the frame" I suppose you will eventually hit the jackpot. In terms of sport journalists, big fan of Michael Walker and Paul Kimmage. In terms of incorrect names, where is the confirmation that Coleman turned down the Ireland job? Please don't say Wales Online. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by nice triangles nice triangles wrote:

This is Will Sagnol....

Sagnol told the Sud Ouest daily [link in French]: "The advantage of the typical African player is that he is not expensive when you take him, he's generally ready to fight and he is powerful on the pitch. But football is not just that, it's also technique, intelligence, discipline."

The former Monaco and Bayern Munich full-back said a good team needed "Nordics” as well.

“Nordics are good. They have a good mentality,” he said. “A football team is a mixture, it's like life, it's like France. You have defenders, attackers, midfielders, fast ones, big ones, small ones and technical ones."

The media would be all over this if he got the gig, apart from the fact that he's clearly a racist imbecile. ...if he said this obvs.

The comments I alluded to previously which will undoubtedly come up if he's appointed. They're pretty clearly doused with a large amount of racial prejudice, particularly the decision to use the term "Nordic" by way of comparison to "African". The optics would be fairly horrific to appoint someone who is on record as holding these views to a team which is increasingly made up of players from mixed backgrounds.
We're decent enough..
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:13pm

Just read the Canham statement and his "apology". With no explanation whatsoever as to why the process was not completed in "early April" as promised. No explanation in relation to "contractual obligations". An apology without an explanation is not good enough. An apology with an explanation would still probably not be good enough! If something went seriously wrong they should just state that. They don't have to name any individual or throw anyone under the bus. Canham will be gone by end of year anyway, but if he has any integrity he should just go now.

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Are you trying to mix with the natives now to regain some credibility?? ...this your Dances With Wolves effort....  
I don't get the wolves reference? But I was completely wrong about Canham. I actually believed he was not talking through his arse when he said the new manager would be announced in April. His statement today is useless. And as I have posted about 10 times now, if there was no manager announced in April he should go. 
"Dances with Wolves" ...film from the 90's...Kevin Costner (a US soldier) goes living with the native Americans and eventually sides with them, I think.
You cannot be taken seriously anymore on this....it was obvious that Canham was talking total horsesh*t with his 'early April' declaration, anyone who called it our here you were on them like his Mam!
Also constantly trying to discredit any journo who criticized the FAI....log off, take a break. 
I think you might have a little crush on me?Sleepy
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Well I hope the Kenny Out brigade are happy now. They have gotten us into this mess

Are you for real?   The man who had us losing to sh*te teams.  Worst Irish manager in history.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Are we not all overreacting here a bit?

Like, its not ideal we don't have a manger in place by now but its far better than having a panicked appointment and giving it to Lennon, Bruce, Big Sam or whoever threw their name out there because they cant find work absolutely anywhere else. Or in O'Shea's case because he has zero managerial experience.

This is a year where there is f**k all competitive football for us, the Nations League means little this year leading into a World Cup campaign. If it was leading into a Euros, it would be completely different with a playoff at stake but thats not the case here. Not Pep, Klopp or Ancelotti would have us winning the Nations League, so forget about that.

I think Canham is being harshly slatted for sticking to his guns here and the FAIs criteria for a manager. At any point they could have just been straight on the phone to any of the names above and given it to them, but they haven't.

I believe Carsley was their no.1 target and he turned down as on record to remain with England u21s and they had to go back to the drawing board ..and I believe it was probably Sagnol that was lined up last month but then as we know qualified for the Euros with Georgia.

The main criticism I will give Canham and the FAI here is their handling of the media or lack there of. It was naive to first announce they wanted a manager in place for the NL draw in February, then say they wanted someone in for the March games AND THEN say they will make an announcement in early April.  That was all a shambles, like learn from your mistakes!

..and even today, though a statement and apology was made, for me it still wasn't transparent enough. I think if he was more forthcoming that they couldnt secure their main targets and they werent happy with the other candidates, fans would have been more accepting of that rather than giving politician like answers that avoided the real questions.

Anyway, I'll still continue to give him and anyone else the benefit of the doubt until September.

If they were to announce Sagnol after the Euros, I think the majority of fans would be happier with that than the current alternatives. I know I would.

You'll be waiting a year and they'll still appoint the dud names you dont want.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Inkennywetrust Inkennywetrust wrote:

I wonder how Neil Lennon is feeling after being told he was close to getting the job but was rejected for a more experienced candidate only to find out they had nobody. 

Who cares how Neil Lennon feels? LOL

He shouldn't be anywhere near the job, even if it takes another 10 years to find a manager.

Who should be the manager?

I'd happily go down to the bus stop and ask a lad to do it, over a known p*sshead who threatens women with knives.

And a sh*te manager to boot.

Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:51pm

This is Will Sagnol....

He did say those things and hasn't ever backed off the comments fully or in any meaningful way. 
Couple of assistant gigs after getting the road out of Bordeaux ( where he said those things )
And an employment gap from 2017 to 2021 when he washed up in Georgia.

People pining for this guy need to inform themselves a little more about what he represents. 

Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:51pm

This is Will Sagnol....

He said it alright. It was a number of years ago while he was manager of Bordeaux. 
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:29pm

Is it possible that they are penny pinching?
Go as long as we can without paying a gaffer?

It's now the only logical reason for not hiring someone, anyone. There has to be someone who you think could work. If they are not available now, what is to say they will be available in Summer. 

There is a real benefit for a new manager to have had the 2 friendlies already and definitely the next 2 ahead of the competitive games.
To sit there with a straight face and say "it's cool bro, trust us" I'm actually now concerned that we have a lunatic running the asylum. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Apr 2024 at 6:29pm
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:36pm

This is Will Sagnol....

He said it alright. It was a number of years ago while he was manager of Bordeaux. 
Thanks for the confirmation. That's extremely grim, don't want him anywhere near the job so.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:41pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:43pm

Not one ticket should be sold for the Hungary game. There's should be an organized boycott. The fact that Canham didn't have the balls to face actual journalists today speaks volumes

Well said. Regardless, I think there won’t be a huge crowd at it either way. 
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:44pm
The "Anti Sagnol Brigade" (ASB) are getting their knives sharpened already. This is classic Ireland �£�£

The "Neil Lennon is a Bigot Brigade" (NLIABB) will be joining forces soon alongside the "Lee Carsley Loves The Eire" Group (LCLTE)

As supporters, are ye ever happy? Like ever?

Edited by scottyccfc - 19 Apr 2024 at 6:46pm
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:46pm

I'd happily go down to the bus stop and ask a lad to do it, over a known p*sshead who threatens women with knives.

And a sh*te manager to boot.

Would you take him ahead of Kenny? 🤔🤔
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Well I hope the Kenny Out brigade are happy now. They have gotten us into this mess
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

If the FAI are a circus then Kenny was the Ringmaster . 

And you are the clown. 

Ya, let’s bring the King of Spoof back, I think he deserves another crack at it Clap
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Is it possible that they are penny pinching?
Go as long as we can without paying a gaffer?

It's now the only logical reason for not hiring someone, anyone. There has to be someone who you think could work. If they are not available now, what is to say they will be available in Summer. 

There is a real benefit for a new manager to have had the 2 friendlies already and definitely the next 2 ahead of the competitive games.
To sit there with a straight face and say "it's cool bro, trust us" I'm actually now concerned that we have a lunatic running the asylum. 
Big smile

The problem with an awful lot of commentary online whether it’s politics or the fai is that many always think there is a thought our reason for the mess, when often it’s just incompetence and lack of preparation.  Same with many conspiracy theories.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

If the FAI are a circus then Kenny was the Ringmaster . 

And you are the clown. 

Ya, let’s bring the King of Spoof back, I think he deserves another crack at it Clap

Where did I say that.  
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 413414415416417 430>
  Share Topic