FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 434>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

How the fack did we end up with a 39 year old Englishman who spells Mark with a c as our Director of Football?

Keep Marc Wilson's name out your f**kin' mouth! Yes. KEEP. MARC WILSON'S NAME. OUT YOUR f**kIN' MOUTH!
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Sagnol it is then.

Well if it is then he would not be a disaster. Just we could do with him or someone appointed asap!!
I love beer gardens
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Sagnol it is then.

We need to start looking around Georgia for some potential granny rule candidates.

We let the Finnish steal Daniel O'Shaughnessy from under our noses. Wink
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:29pm
Sagnol it is then.
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:27pm
How the fack did we end up with a 39 year old Englishman who spells Mark with a c as our Director of Football?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Just read the Canham statement and his "apology". With no explanation whatsoever as to why the process was not completed in "early April" as promised. No explanation in relation to "contractual obligations". An apology without an explanation is not good enough. An apology with an explanation would still probably not be good enough! If something went seriously wrong they should just state that. They don't have to name any individual or throw anyone under the bus. Canham will be gone by end of year anyway, but if he has any integrity he should just go now.

You spent months telling everyone how wrong they were when it was as obvious as the sky being blue what was happening. You tried to discredit every single journalist as being unreliable, every single forum member who voiced concern as idiotic.

You're never leaving this down.

LOLLOLLOLLOL
I do apologise, if I in any way, appeared to dismiss or diminish your grave concerns on this matter. I was wrong, my opinion was wrong, I chose to believe Canham, as opposed to, say believing someone like you. For that I will will be eternally regretful. Further, I can offer you my full assurance that in the future I will believe our intrepid football correspondents, even when on a daily basis, they announce so and so is now firmly "in the frame". And of course, we will have daily updates from our journos for the next 6 months. Please continue to closely monitor my posts for any future egregious opinions which lie outside the YBIG Overton window.
Sincerely,
Jonathan.

Your problem was your blind distrust with the reporters. 
They have been, by and large, on the ball for the whole process. 

Names were 'firmly' linked as they were talked to. 

Is there even one name what was reported on that was wrong?

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:07pm
September like! How Canham kept a straight face during that interview is beyond me.

Robbing a living. Whole "process" is an embarrassment.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Well I hope the Kenny Out brigade are happy now. They have gotten us into this mess
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

If the FAI are a circus then Kenny was the Ringmaster . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Why do people think they had someone lined up?
There was never any agreement and all the deadlines were to buy more time IMO

We have been knocked back again and again on this, as has been reported.   

Because you'd hardly say it if it wasn't true in my opinion.
There was no need to say it - Could have just said they need a bit more time and leave it at that. If you give out unnecessary information then I would think it would be true. 

That's just my reading of it. 

But it wasn't true because here we are with no one. Surely they would have clarified it today if they did.

IMO they were overly confident of getting Poyet or Sagnol. 
It could have been true and somebody backed out.
But I definitely think that point should have been addressed today. 

Yea surely they would have said that. 

SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:00pm
the greatest fans in the world who turn on each other with one slight difference in opinion 😂
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Just read the Canham statement and his "apology". With no explanation whatsoever as to why the process was not completed in "early April" as promised. No explanation in relation to "contractual obligations". An apology without an explanation is not good enough. An apology with an explanation would still probably not be good enough! If something went seriously wrong they should just state that. They don't have to name any individual or throw anyone under the bus. Canham will be gone by end of year anyway, but if he has any integrity he should just go now.

You spent months telling everyone how wrong they were when it was as obvious as the sky being blue what was happening. You tried to discredit every single journalist as being unreliable, every single forum member who voiced concern as idiotic.

You're never leaving this down.

LOLLOLLOLLOL
I do apologise, if I in any way, appeared to dismiss or diminish your grave concerns on this matter. I was wrong, my opinion was wrong, I chose to believe Canham, as opposed to, say believing someone like you. For that I will will be eternally regretful. Further, I can offer you my full assurance that in the future I will believe our intrepid football correspondents, even when on a daily basis, they announce so and so is now firmly "in the frame". And of course, we will have daily updates from our journos for the next 6 months. Please continue to closely monitor my posts for any future egregious opinions which lie outside the YBIG Overton window.
Sincerely,
Jonathan.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:59pm

There was no need to say it - Could have just said they need a bit more time and leave it at that. If you give out unnecessary information then I would think it would be true. 

But it wasn't true because here we are with no one. Surely they would have clarified it today if they did.

It could have been true and somebody backed out.
But I definitely think that point should have been addressed today. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:59pm

Originally posted by nice triangles nice triangles wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Are you trying to mix with the natives now to regain some credibility?? ...this your Dances With Wolves effort....  
I don't get the wolves reference? But I was completely wrong about Canham. I actually believed he was not talking through his arse when he said the new manager would be announced in April. His statement today is useless. And as I have posted about 10 times now, if there was no manager announced in April he should go. 

At least you have manned up here Clap
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:58pm

nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:55pm

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Are you trying to mix with the natives now to regain some credibility?? ...this your Dances With Wolves effort....  
I don't get the wolves reference? But I was completely wrong about Canham. I actually believed he was not talking through his arse when he said the new manager would be announced in April. His statement today is useless. And as I have posted about 10 times now, if there was no manager announced in April he should go. 
"Dances with Wolves" ...film from the 90's...Kevin Costner (a US soldier) goes living with the native Americans and eventually sides with them, I think.
You cannot be taken seriously anymore on this....it was obvious that Canham was talking total horsesh*t with his 'early April' declaration, anyone who called it our here you were on them like his Mam!
Also constantly trying to discredit any journo who criticized the FAI....log off, take a break. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:46pm

TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:46pm

LOLLOLLOLLOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:44pm
The thing is we don't even have a good 'interim' manager i don't believe. Even if we had a decent interim one we could look forward to the next 2 games. These 2 will be the same as the last 2. Scared of his hole to try anything different.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 434>
  Share Topic