You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 409410411412413 430>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

David Brent stuff from Canham. "Trust the process". It must be easy enough to spoof to the board considering none of them have ever been involved in the hiring of an international manager. This is being set up for O'Shea to take the job nothing surer. Make it impossible for any manager to accept the ridiculous pre conditions and we can get O'Shea on the cheap and Canham can insert himself like a club owner. 
You told is O'Shea was getting the job now - Make up your mind.
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It should put to bed John O'Sheas hopes now anyway. One small crumb of comfort. To me anyway.

"We are delighted to announce John O'Shea as our new permanent senior men's head coach on a four-year contract. We were really pleased with the progress made between the March and June friendlies and think that John is best placed to continue that upward trajectory into the Nations League campaign"
If O'Shea was going to get the job then he'd be given it now. 
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

It's going to be Willy Sagnol after the euros isn't it 
If Georgia are comprehensively beaten in every single game, maybe.
Not a chance it will be Sagnol or anybody like him. Like Poyet they will use any interest from Canham as a way to bolster their alternatives elsewhere.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:52pm

an absolute masterclass in PR from the FAI this past year

Yet most on here were defending the FAI 'pr strategy' up until a few weeks ago. Dead
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

David Brent stuff from Canham. "Trust the process". It must be easy enough to spoof to the board considering none of them have ever been involved in the hiring of an international manager. This is being set up for O'Shea to take the job nothing surer. Make it impossible for any manager to accept the ridiculous pre conditions and we can get O'Shea on the cheap and Canham can insert himself like a club owner. 
He is still the most likely to get the job. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:57pm

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It should put to bed John O'Sheas hopes now anyway. One small crumb of comfort. To me anyway.

"We are delighted to announce John O'Shea as our new permanent senior men's head coach on a four-year contract. We were really pleased with the progress made between the March and June friendlies and think that John is best placed to continue that upward trajectory into the Nations League campaign"
If O'Shea was going to get the job then he'd be given it now. 

I actually disagree. I think the FAI are aware of the public reaction to the ‘wrong appointment.’ Hence they want to have some leg to stand on if the appoint JOS, and an easy one would be a couple of results against Portugal and Hungary. The appointment of JOS will be a categorical failure of this magical ‘process’, so I think he’ll only get the job when the road has totally run out.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:00pm

He is still the most likely to get the job. 

Sure you were saying it was going to be Hughton only the other day or Hodgson

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Got pulled up on here for calling this process a farce a month or so back, presume everyone's on that page now?

I still think they thought they had somebody, possibly Carsley, lined up - If that was the case though they should really have come out and said it today.

They may well have but it's been a cack-handed process from the off and they've left themselves open to ridicule by setting deadlines and then missing them. Nations League draw, early April, after the women's games etc.

There was a golden opportunity to change the FAI for the better and reform it properly post Delaney but it's still a clown show in there.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:07pm
This fiasco would go some way towards explaining why SK was left in the job so long....FAI being run by over paid PR clowns who haven't a clue
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:08pm
Just read the Canham statement and his "apology". With no explanation whatsoever as to why the process was not completed in "early April" as promised. No explanation in relation to "contractual obligations". An apology without an explanation is not good enough. An apology with an explanation would still probably not be good enough! If something went seriously wrong they should just state that. They don't have to name any individual or throw anyone under the bus. Canham will be gone by end of year anyway, but if he has any integrity he should just go now.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:15pm
Based on the criteria set out by Canham and the FAI neither Klopp or Pep would be considered suitable candidates.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:15pm
I don't get this point:

"we spoke to a number of coaches who are available but also with contractual arrangements"

Surely if there are contractual arrangements, then they're not available? Unless he's saying they spoke to some who are available and some who are still under contract.
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:15pm
You can be sure O'Shea is playing hardball negotiating for the next two friendlies. They will look even bigger mugs if he walks away. 

Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Based on the criteria set out by Canham and the FAI neither Klopp or Pep would be considered suitable candidates.

Would I be right in thinking the only manager we've ever had that would fit their criteria would be Trap? And he stayed in Italy.
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:17pm

You can be sure O'Shea is playing hardball negotiating for the next two friendlies. They will look even bigger mugs if he walks away. 

They've given him loads of leverage by publicly stating they want him.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:18pm
I have a bit of sympathy for JOS, but really always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Tapo Tapo wrote:

I don't get this point:

"we spoke to a number of coaches who are available but also with contractual arrangements"

Surely if there are contractual arrangements, then they're not available? Unless he's saying they spoke to some who are available and some who are still under contract.

Headhunting is perfectly legitimate. In fact it’s a more difficult approach, but more impressive if it is successful. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Tapo Tapo wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Would I be right in thinking the only manager we've ever had that would fit their criteria would be Trap? And he stayed in Italy.

Possibly yeah.

Ancelotti *might* get an interview but that's about it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 409410411412413 430>
  Share Topic