You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 405406407408409 430>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

They are waiting for some bluffer to become available when the club he's currently realise he's with spoofing and then Canham will hire him.

Which is why giving the job to O'Shea makes more and more sense. He has won the CL, EPL, FA Cup, League Cup and played at major Championships. 

He's also experienced the ups and downs of a relegation battle and played in the lower leagues. 

His playing CV is quite impressive regardless of his limited coaching experience.

Steve Stuanton had a pretty good playing CV too. 
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:25pm
Im bored with all this now. I think a lot of people probably are. If i had thought 4 or 5 months ago we would be here with nobody apparently in sight i woulld break Duffers door down right now. I like his management style, full on passion. Duffer as manager with a good team around him i wouldn't mind seeing actually. I like whats hes done at Shels. Wont happen of course but he is one i have come round to. Load of bollix the whole thing.
I love beer gardens
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:43pm
Tomorrow we'll get a 
"we're delighted to announce that John O'Shea has agreed to stay on ahead of the upcoming games against Hungary and Portugal. Our search for a replacement for Stephen Kenny is still ongoing and going to plan, we hope to have confirmation of a full time appointment in due course"
Signed off Marc Canham, chairman of Shambles R us

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Tomorrow we'll get a 
"we're delighted to announce that John O'Shea has agreed to stay on ahead of the upcoming games against Hungary and Portugal. Our search for a replacement for Stephen Kenny is still ongoing and going to plan, we hope to have confirmation of a full time appointment in due course"

And if so we have wasted another 2 games without a new manager. Plus the last 2. 
I love beer gardens
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Tomorrow we'll get a 

And if so we have wasted another 2 games without a new manager. Plus the last 2. 
Correct.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 18 Apr 2024 at 9:53pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:55pm
Another two games for O'Shea to fine-tune his "tactics".
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:50am
I have to give credit to the lads who never trusted the FAI through any stage of this process. Even when Canham said specifically early April some were calling bullsh*t. 

I genuinely thought that we had moved on and with the appointment of the Director of Football etc they were a more professional outfit. The opposite seems to be true. They are less efficient and possibly less trustworthy than the Delaney days. It seems pretty clear now that Canham has been lying through his teeth to cover up his complete incompetence. 

They fooled me for sure, and I'm now completely disillusioned with the whole fcuking thing. 
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
uibhfaillian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfaillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:59am
Originally posted by Razors left peg Razors left peg wrote:

I have to give credit to the lads who never trusted the FAI through any stage of this process. Even when Canham said specifically early April some were calling bullsh*t. 

I genuinely thought that we had moved on and with the appointment of the Director of Football etc they were a more professional outfit. The opposite seems to be true. They are less efficient and possibly less trustworthy than the Delaney days. It seems pretty clear now that Canham has been lying through his teeth to cover up his complete incompetence. 

They fooled me for sure, and I'm now completely disillusioned with the whole fcuking thing. 

Canham should not get away with this. He should be sacked immediately 
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 7:07am

Which is why giving the job to O'Shea makes more and more sense. He has won the CL, EPL, FA Cup, League Cup and played at major Championships. 

He's also experienced the ups and downs of a relegation battle and played in the lower leagues. 

His playing CV is quite impressive regardless of his limited coaching experience.

I’ve been on lots of trains in my life. Fast ones, slow ones. Many different countries. My train travel CV is quite impressive. 

Nevertheless, Iarnrod Éireann would be insane to give me the job of train driver as I have no experience of it. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 7:22am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

I’ve been on lots of trains in my life. Fast ones, slow ones. Many different countries. My train travel CV is quite impressive. 

Nevertheless, Iarnrod Éireann would be insane to give me the job of train driver as I have no experience of it. 

He has 5 years experience coaching at different clubs. Although this is a big step up and a different gig.

Fact is, no one wants the job. Do we go cap in hand to the vastly experienced Jim Smith?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 8:04am

He has 5 years experience coaching at different clubs. Although this is a big step up and a different gig.

Fact is, no one wants the job. Do we go cap in hand to the vastly experienced Jim Smith?

And a shovel to dig him up?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 8:16am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

And a shovel to dig him up?

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 8:16am
Yes! and he would still be better than some of the other options.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 8:17am

Then why not Mark Hughes?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Razors left peg Razors left peg wrote:

Treat them like politicians. Question absolutely everything.

You won't go too far wrong taking that route
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 9:44am
It's the contempt for the Irish football fan. Here we are April 19th and zero explanation from Canham or the other yahoos on the board about what has happened/what is happening. There is a complete lack of football knowhow about them. I dont mean 442 but how football recruitment actually works. And it is obvious to candidates. At least O'Shea has a strategy about how he intends to get chosen. Remain out front in the media and apply as much pressure on the amateurs as possible to try get the gig.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 9:48am
Announcement expected at lunchtime

Predictions?

Due to the departure of Hill, we have to focus on that and it has impeded the manager process. 
JOS will take interim charge of June friendlies and we will appoint full time manager after those matches
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2024 at 9:55am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Announcement expected at lunchtime

Predictions?

Due to the departure of Hill, we have to focus on that and it has impeded the manager process. 
JOS will take interim charge of June friendlies and we will appoint full time manager after those matches
Word for word. With an "early" (please pick your own month of  choice) thrown in for good measure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 405406407408409 430>
  Share Topic