You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 390391392393394 430>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:31pm

Edited by razzmatazaz - 16 Apr 2024 at 5:32pm
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Sponsored Links

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I know for certain this is extremely solid

Hughton has, and continues, to show lukewarm, if any, interest in the Ireland job. Disregarding the fact he is clearly a busted flush, I wouldn't want him in the job if his heart isn't going to be in it. At least Neil Lennon's hungry.

Edited by razzmatazaz - 16 Apr 2024 at 5:32pm
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Hughton has, and continues, to show lukewarm, if any, interest in the Ireland job. Disregarding the fact he is clearly a busted flush, I wouldn't want him in the job if his heart isn't going to be in it. At least Neil Lennon's hungry.

Seems he is pinning his hopes on a Championship job on the summer, though there may be a small chance his arm can be twisted.

Don't want him anywhere near us
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:36pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Didn’t want Lenny but I think I’d actually want prefer him to Hughton.

It tells a lot that a lot of people would now settle for CH happily enough, when he was being absolutely ridiculed on here for his style of play a few years back. What a shambles. 

A few weeks back! His team were a shambles in AFCON and he sacked off the back of it.

Should be nowhere near the f**king job.

Which tells us he was finished a few years back and nothing has changed since. A bad joke. 
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:39pm
If they appoint Hughton the size of the crowd at the recent 2 friendlies will become the norm rather than the exception.

Kenny got the job because we were all sick of having 25% possession in games at home. I know the results didnt work out for him, but right up to the end the stadium was full. That was not the case for his predecessors. 

If we go back to the type of football that Hughton will produce it will be a disaster for the FAI finances.
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Seems he is pinning his hopes on a Championship job on the summer, though there may be a small chance his arm can be twisted.

There’s zero chance of him getting a championship job. He had Forest on a historically bad run when he got sacked, and Steve Cooper managed to then get promoted. He might have a chance of some sort of upstairs role, but no club is gonna hire him as manager, particularly in the off season
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:43pm
anyone who wants that sectarian wife beating ginger deserves everything we have coming to us when he's inevitably hired. We're a disgrace 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:49pm

He'll be waiting, along with the likes of Bruce, Keane, and Lennon. Lower league teams are giving younger and less experienced managers a chance rather than plucking the same usual bunch off the unemployment line.

Steve Bruce in particular will have to do a Mark Hughes and drop a couple of divisions after his West Brom stint.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:52pm

FFS. Another disaster forthcoming. 
Hardly likely to be a disaster seeing as he's unlikely to get it anyway.

Just because they spoke to someone in the last few weeks doesn't equal them getting the job. Sure they've spoken to loads of people at this stage 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:55pm
JS says no one has told him he is not getting the main gig

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Just because they spoke to someone in the last few weeks doesn't equal them getting the job. Sure they've spoken to loads of people at this stage 
I think Hughton could be a lot more easier persuaded than the rest. 
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:56pm
So predictable. If they can't get  Hughton then I expect Bruce to be next in line. I can't understand why Hughton would take so long there say yay or nay. Probably only contacted him over the weekend. 
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:58pm
Somebody must be in receipt of click-bait kickbacks for the 
amount of links they incessantly post to Indo articles!
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Somebody must be in receipt of click-bait kickbacks for the 
amount of links they incessantly post to Indo articles!

Hey remember when you wanted the thread locked until April 11th?

Was something supposed to happen on the 11th? LOLLOL

Clown
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

So predictable. If they can't get  Hughton then I expect Bruce to be next in line. I can't understand why Hughton would take so long there say yay or nay. Probably only contacted him over the weekend. 

Probably doesn't want to deal with the whole having to work out of Abbotstown with the other FAI coaches.

Andersson turned down Latvia according to a Swedish source because they wanted him to work with underage teams and do work out of Riga.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:07pm
This has been going on so long I've given up even reading any articles on the topic as 99% of them as useless people plucking names from thin air or writing stories based on what's said on here 

What's the record for the longest managerial search in history we must be coming close to it at this stage. Could forgive that if you thought they would pull a big name surprise out from nowhere but we all expecting some washed up manager that no club that's serious about anything would even entertain 

At the rare they going stephen Kenny could apply for the job and get reappointed 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I’m well aware of all of that. My point was that it’s a disaster that the process has now brought us to this stage. It’s basically ‘all else has failed, let’s give Highton a bell’. Seems clear that no matter what happens from here on we’re basically lemmings heading towards a cliff. 

Edited by Fitz - 16 Apr 2024 at 6:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 390391392393394 430>
  Share Topic