You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329330331 429>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

If The Judas gets it, then, we really should just pack it in. 

Hopefully there’s nothing to this story, but if there is it really demonstrates how shockingly incompetent and clueless the FAI truly are. 

I think he did meet them 3 times.  Whether he gets it or not is another thing but the story is true.  

Was that two or three months ago though? If so, it may be a complete non story.

Seems one was in late Feb anyway.  It’s not a non story either way.  

These were his comments in early February. It wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence he would be up to the job:

We're talking about going back into management...I think the longer you're out of it, the more you think. The last few chats we've had about it, even before Frank [Lampard] came in, you do ask yourself.

I'm swaying now towards not going back into it. I just think it's not worth the hassle. People constantly disrespect you, sometimes with offers or time wasted.

When you go down to a certain level and you have any sort of chats or discussions about going back into work...I'm not joking you. People think you're so desperate you'll sign anything. I know there are managers out there doing that, absolutely.

Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:12pm

Hopefully there’s nothing to this story, but if there is it really demonstrates how shockingly incompetent and clueless the FAI truly are. 

I think he did meet them 3 times.  Whether he gets it or not is another thing but the story is true.  

Was that two or three months ago though? If so, it may be a complete non story.

Seems one was in late Feb anyway.  It’s not a non story either way.  

These were his comments in early February. It wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence he would be up to the job:

We're talking about going back into management...I think the longer you're out of it, the more you think. The last few chats we've had about it, even before Frank [Lampard] came in, you do ask yourself.

I'm swaying now towards not going back into it. I just think it's not worth the hassle. People constantly disrespect you, sometimes with offers or time wasted.

When you go down to a certain level and you have any sort of chats or discussions about going back into work...I'm not joking you. People think you're so desperate you'll sign anything. I know there are managers out there doing that, absolutely.

Yeah the rumour is that he was offered the interim gig.  Who knows.  He was spoken to 3 times so it’s not a non story either way.  My reading is that he spoke to them
3 times and thought he had the gig and the FAI still wanted Carsley and Keane was their fall back option and he was annoyed by this but actually is back in play.  But who knows.  

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Mar 2024 at 7:14pm
AKA pedantic kunt
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:16pm
Heard it was a non story.

Next.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:15pm
That big sexy bastid Herve Renard is leaving the French ladies team after the Olympics as he wants to manage at the '26 WC. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

That big sexy bastid Herve Renard is leaving the French ladies team after the Olympics as he wants to manage at the '26 WC. 

That rules us out so.
I love beer gardens
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:48pm
In an era where footballing standards, even amongst Pot 4 sides, have been elevated to the extent that even tiny minor tactical decisions can have huge ramifications, where managers need to be exceptionally aware of many aspects of the opposition and their own side such as style, tactics, preferred positions etc, with us facing a decade of footballing oblivion and six months of hapless searching, the idea the FAI and the irish fanbase could appoint and accept Roy Keane, a man with zero tactical managerial acumen, as manager, sums up precisely why we deserve absolutely nothing but abject misery for many years to come.

A fanbase stuck in the 90s, with delusions of grandeur miles above our actual ability, and the managerial choice is chosen entirely on "give em a kick up the arse" and of course, f**king Saipan 2002.

Jesus f**king wept, I'd have poked my eyes out at Lennon but I'm practically desperate for anything half as competent at this stage, as sh*te as he is he at least has experience, what a sh*tshow if true.

Not a single tactical or footballing justification as manager for such an appointment as Keane, I'd rather we saved the money and appointed a random YBIG member by raffle for every fixture.
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:14am
Hands up who would take Neil Lennon now?

Christ what a sh*t show
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:17am
Originally posted by DC96 DC96 wrote:

In an era where footballing standards, even amongst Pot 4 sides, have been elevated to the extent that even tiny minor tactical decisions can have huge ramifications, where managers need to be exceptionally aware of many aspects of the opposition and their own side such as style, tactics, preferred positions etc, with us facing a decade of footballing oblivion and six months of hapless searching, the idea the FAI and the irish fanbase could appoint and accept Roy Keane, a man with zero tactical managerial acumen, as manager, sums up precisely why we deserve absolutely nothing but abject misery for many years to come.

A fanbase stuck in the 90s, with delusions of grandeur miles above our actual ability, and the managerial choice is chosen entirely on "give em a kick up the arse" and of course, f**king Saipan 2002.

Jesus f**king wept, I'd have poked my eyes out at Lennon but I'm practically desperate for anything half as competent at this stage, as sh*te as he is he at least has experience, what a sh*tshow if true.

Not a single tactical or footballing justification as manager for such an appointment as Keane, I'd rather we saved the money and appointed a random YBIG member by raffle for every fixture.

So your saying there a chance ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:22am
id take him up the shankhill road and leave him there 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:42am
This whole thing is like 1 big episode of The Apprentice - where a crowd of bluffers in smart suits and full of corporate buzzwords are given the task of appointing the manager, come up with a fancy wishlist of what they would like before making a complete bo**ix of it. 

All we're waiting for now is the inquest and pathetic arse-covering before someone gets fired. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Inkennywetrust View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inkennywetrust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 1:20am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

Hands up who would take Neil Lennon now?

Christ what a sh*t show

If the FAI rejected an early Neil Lennon appointment only to scramble for a last minute O'Shea promotion then heads should roll. 

Next week will be key on if there was any kind of arrangement with Sagnol or Poyet but otherwise we're into desperation territory. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

He'll be here with the French women won't he ?
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:17am
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

id take him up the shankhill road and leave him there 

D’you frequent the place, you do? 

Give me Lennon over Keane any day (but would prefer someone else for sure). 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Sham96 Sham96 wrote:

Realistically who is likely to get the job next month (if it is next month)? I was sure O'Shea would get it but that seems less.likely now. It is entirely feasible that the three Amigos have bluffed themselves into a corner whereby there is no agreement with anyone but they are at best lukewarm about appointing O'Shea. My gut feeling is they are still trying to convince a manager with international experience (other than Poyet) but have no agreement with anyone as of today. It would have leaked by now if they had.

Spot-on, I’d say. 
uibhfaillian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfaillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 5:43am

The Judas LOL. Give it a rest, this isn’t two thousand and two.
uibhfaillian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfaillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

So your saying there a chance ? 
LOLLOLLOL
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:59am

That's the spirit.

It's not going to be Keane. 
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 8:25am
It's going to get to the stage that we are praying for Roy Keane instead of Stephen Bradley 🤣
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 327328329330331 429>
  Share Topic