You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 429>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by royal rover royal rover wrote:

I said on this page some time ago it may well end up been Keane, I knew they had spoken to Neil lennon on a couple of occasions, but lennon has a better CV than Roy in reality but the comment about international experience etc, if it ends up been Roy I would not be at all suprised as ticket sales plus the link with oshea and kerr would make sense, be under no illusion  the backroom team is in place and that will remain. Matt docherty will never play again if he gets the job
Kerr said he is permanently finished with the Irish set up and has no idea who the next manager will be.
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:45pm
I met Keane before and the media persona doesn't match up to the man - he seemed like a sound head. With age I'm sure he's mellowed to a point and not the lunatic player/man he once was or is forever being portrayed as.

You would imagine he would give it everything he has to redeem himself for Saipan and secure his legacy here, somewhat.

Of the grim options for us he's certainly not the worst one.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

feel like I'm going mad, Ciarán Murphy touting O'Shea over Poyet in today's IT because it'd mean more to O'Shea Confused

it'd mean a lot to me too like, doesn't mean I should get it 

He'd be one of the last people whose opinions I'd listen to when it comes to Irish football.

oh I know, and I hardly listen to him on GAA, just couldn't believe the "logic" of his argument - and his pal Ken Early seems to be parrotting the same idea. of all the reasons people might use to appoint O'Shea, "it'll mean the world to him" is probably the most ridiculous
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:51pm

Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

feel like I'm going mad, Ciarán Murphy touting O'Shea over Poyet in today's IT because it'd mean more to O'Shea Confused

it'd mean a lot to me too like, doesn't mean I should get it 

He'd be one of the last people whose opinions I'd listen to when it comes to Irish football.

oh I know, and I hardly listen to him on GAA, just couldn't believe the "logic" of his argument - and his pal Ken Early seems to be parrotting the same idea. of all the reasons people might use to appoint O'Shea, "it'll mean the world to him" is probably the most ridiculous

I think the argument is purely if its a question of O'Shea vs. Poyet, which hopefully it isnt.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I've sort of gone of any 'irish' manager or at least those in the establishment of former international pros.. Just feels like if we appoint from that crowd we will be playing Coleman and Brady till they are 40 because they are good lads and completely fail to make the necessary decisions to rejuvenate the squad. O'Dowda and Sykes being prominent subs was a joke. Basically Ireland camp seems to want those who can bring vibes and everyone can have a nice time away from proper football it seems.

Glad we gave Szmodics a good go but O'Brien not getting any gametime was wierd, our CBs whilst young and talented should not be guarenteed starters in any way and all basically battling relegation and shipping goals most weeks. Azaz should of got longer than 5 mins too. 

It's not like I want some hardline strict coach but at least one who has less preconceived ideas about what the team should look like.

Agreed SC92, that Ebosele only got a few minutes and O'Brien not a kick was ludicrous.  While I am not pushed on Poyet, look how well he adapted the Greece team in Dublin, nullified us after the first few minutes and won the game easily.  We will only be able to battle against the big sides in modern football, but we should be holding our own better against similar sides going forward.  

Forgot about Ebosele. I really wanted him to get a start too. Watching Coleman barely be able to run let alone beat a man was painful. If he was played as a defensive RB then fine but he gave us zero threat going forwards. Sure Ebosele is far from a finished product and would make defensive mistakes but it was a friendly we shouldn't be parking the bus completely. A bore draw against a better side doesn't give us any points.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

It's not going to happen but I would take Damien Duff above any name linked currently. He at ticks at least as many boxes as anyone else and more than most. 

6 months in and we have come full circle and back to Duffer as a candidate. 
(btw, I would agree but again think it's not right timing for him).
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:11pm
One thing I was also thinking about the 'Shambles' of a manager hunt. The delay in appointing the long-term manager has probably saved the association about 200-400k in terms of salaries for a full time management team over 3-4 months. So while we and the media are on the verge of heading to abbotstown with our pitchforks wanting a goddamn name, they are probably happy enough that things are moving at the pace they are and will take care of itself in good time before the main qualifiers start.  
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:22pm

It's not going to happen but I would take Damien Duff above any name linked currently. He at ticks at least as many boxes as anyone else and more than most. 
Going down that avenue Bradley, McPhail and O'Brien, the preferred choice.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Going down that avenue Bradley, McPhail and O'Brien, the preferred choice.

Bradley's performances in Europe and generally preferring older/experienced players would put me off him.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I met Keane before and the media persona doesn't match up to the man - he seemed like a sound head. With age I'm sure he's mellowed to a point and not the lunatic player/man he once was or is forever being portrayed as.

You would imagine he would give it everything he has to redeem himself for Saipan and secure his legacy here, somewhat.

This is a man who doesn’t showboat like Niall Quinn. Who actually goes to the hospital to visit sick children. This is a man who is a family man, he is a credit to his country and to his family.

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

One thing I was also thinking about the 'Shambles' of a manager hunt. The delay in appointing the long-term manager has probably saved the association about 200-400k in terms of salaries for a full time management team over 3-4 months. So while we and the media are on the verge of heading to abbotstown with our pitchforks wanting a goddamn name, they are probably happy enough that things are moving at the pace they are and will take care of itself in good time before the main qualifiers start.  

I remember someone else saying something similar earlier in this thread. I don’t think it’s inconceivable for the FAI, but wouldn’t seem like a good move for the team to lose out on an opportunity to try different players, formations etc. before the NL starts.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

This is a man who doesn’t showboat like Niall Quinn. Who actually goes to the hospital to visit sick children. This is a man who is a family man, he is a credit to his country and to his family.

Chune.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Odds plummeting at Paddy Power for Roy Keane with Gary Neville and Micah Richards by his side to take over. They know something we don't.

Richards would bankrupt the FAI on his hair cuts alone.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:08pm

Who actually goes to the hospital to visit sick children. This is a man who is a family man, he is a credit to his country and to his family.

Sounds like Jimmy Saville

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Odds plummeting at Paddy Power for Roy Keane with Gary Neville and Micah Richards by his side to take over. They know something we don't.

But imagine the social media engagement when Big Meeks performs an Irish jig when we score and Keano rolls his eyes.

Memeable/GIF worthy stuff.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:12pm

Who actually goes to the hospital to visit sick children. This is a man who is a family man, he is a credit to his country and to his family.

Sounds like Jimmy Saville

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

6 months in and we have come full circle and back to Duffer as a candidate. 
(btw, I would agree but again think it's not right timing for him).

Hands off Duffer you cretins 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:32pm

😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 325326327328329 429>
  Share Topic