You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 430>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:04am
Originally posted by footballman footballman wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Keane sells tickets. Sky are sponsor. If he's still in frame this could fall together nicely for some. 

May as well be Keane as Poyet. 

Poyet would be much better than Keane. I'd give it to literally anyone before Keane. He'll be back on Sky making sly digs at Irish players within 3 years

A year at max.
Sponsored Links

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:05am
Operation give O'Shea is well underway too.  Johnny McDonnell, who was Kerr's assistant at the mighty Faroe Islands wants the current management team to stay in place.  This has turned into some farce!  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:06am
I'm so hoping it IS Roy, it will be great fun! And he wont turn us into San Marino. The football we played under MON and Keane was pretty dire but our results were a lot better than they are at present. If the results were better and we got back to being in contention to qualify for tournaments, wouldnt we all accept a bit of sh**e football and the odd player getting a bit of a bollocking every now and again?
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:07am
This will be easily up there with the monumental f**king disasters of yesteryear if the FAI end up appointing Keane.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:07am
I certainly would not rule out Keane.

What I am quite convinced of now is that Canham was spoofing when he said they had their man.
I have always maintained they banked on Carsley and now have a very short list (Keane, Poyet) with O'Shea as a fall back option. 
footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:10am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

I'm so hoping it IS Roy, it will be great fun! And he wont turn us into San Marino. The football we played under MON and Keane was pretty dire but our results were a lot better than they are at present. If the results were better and we got back to being in contention to qualify for tournaments, wouldnt we all accept a bit of sh**e football and the odd player getting a bit of a bollocking every now and again?

MON was the manager, should we give Marco Tardelli a ring as well?
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:15am
Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Operation give O'Shea is well underway too.  Johnny McDonnell, who was Kerr's assistant at the mighty Faroe Islands wants the current management team to stay in place.  This has turned into some farce!  

It find it funny how lads on here liked the idea of Kerr guiding O'Shea because he seems like he knows his stuff on Virgin.

It's worrying that Kerr oversaw O'Shea make some of the decisions he did on Tuesday night. Even more worrying if Kerr recommended some of them. We'll never know.

Kerr once called Shaqiri bareller because of his body shape. LOL

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:16am
The truth is that Keane is not as good as his supporters believe or as bad as his critics think either.  

If it’s Keane the idea of a head coach working with the setup will be a load of crap although they may try to fudge that off to John OShea and start talking about succession planning and Kerr as advisor to both aspects of the job.  

There is an element that this squad needs both new talent in midfield but also a ruthless mentality too.  You can see that through when Coleman played and he didn’t that we lack that and Coleman’s time is now over too.  

If the management team is 

Keane
OShea 
Kerr
McCarthy
Whelan
Rice 

The fai would have no problem selling that to the public with
The exception of us lads on ybig. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:21am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

We'd piss ourselves laughing if the likes of Scotland or Wales hired a former legend who hasn't managed in over 13 years.
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:21am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I certainly would not rule out Keane.

What I am quite convinced of now is that Canham was spoofing when he said they had their man.
I have always maintained they banked on Carsley and now have a very short list (Keane, Poyet) with O'Shea as a fall back option. 
100% ...he didn't look like he believed it himself when he said this, was total horsesh*t.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:24am
If it was a Keane/O'Shea management team I'd get behind it. Was it the outcome I'd have wanted months ago when Kenny got sacked? Definitely not, but it's long been apparent that we are fishing in a very limited pool and if it's not Carsley I think everyone else is roughly on the same level of major risk. 

I don't think his personality will be an issue for the job, I reckon he has softened a bit and wouldn't be all shouting and bust ups like some lads are saying. Especially with the age profile of player we have. But at the same time I think it's no harm getting in a manager who expects more of our players, we can't keep treating this squad like a bunch of kids forever, they have to learn the rough and tumble of the game and deliver results eventually. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:25am
There ain't going to be any new manger who we get linked with that people won't have a moan at.

I'd rather give it to Keane than O'shea considering he has at least some experience in management albeit a good while ago. He would obviously need good coaches around him (maybe most of the current ticket). 
Plus he would bring the X factor.
It would also be a great story if he did come back and make something of us.
It would most likely end in tears but I think it will be the same under O'Shea anyway so if it was a straight choice, I'd prefer Keane.
Or maybe Keane and O'Shea is the answer (though it sounded like O'Shea is looking to be the number 1 whether with ireland or somewhere else).

Edited by t_rAndy - 28 Mar 2024 at 10:26am
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The truth is that Keane is not as good as his supporters believe or as bad as his critics think either.  

If it’s Keane the idea of a head coach working with the setup will be a load of crap although they may try to fudge that off to John OShea and start talking about succession planning and Kerr as advisor to both aspects of the job.  

There is an element that this squad needs both new talent in midfield but also a ruthless mentality too.  You can see that through when Coleman played and he didn’t that we lack that and Coleman’s time is now over too.  

Keane
OShea 
Kerr
McCarthy
Whelan
Rice 

Roy Keane failed as a manager. He had a very good debut season at Sunderland. That's it. It's been over 13 years since he's managed at any level. It's been almost 5 years since he was an assistant manager.

Neil Lennon and Chris Coleman look like Pep Guardiola all of a sudden. Take me back, Jeff.

scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:31am
It only took a few hours and people are accepting Keane. Amazing Big smile

Could be worse mind...
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Keane
OShea 
Kerr
McCarthy
Whelan
Rice 

Roy Keane failed as a manager. He had a very good debut season at Sunderland. That's it. It's been over 13 years since he's managed at any level. It's been almost 5 years since he was an assistant manager.

Neil Lennon and Chris Coleman look like Pep Guardiola all of a sudden. Take me back, Jeff.

He failed at Ipswich and did well at Sunderland.  Got them promoted as champions and then kept them up and resigned the next year.   Brutal at Ipswich.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:32am
There'll be a voice note going around WhatsApp in no time with Keane asking Szmodics outside for a straightener after Sammie flew his barber over to get the bop chop. Szmodics will be with Hungary by this time next year. 
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:33am
People trying to justify Roy Keane in 2024. We really don't deserve happiness. LOL

Time is a flat circle. First it was Kerr and now Keano. All we need to do next is entice Delaney back.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:33am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

If it was a Keane/O'Shea management team I'd get behind it. Was it the outcome I'd have wanted months ago when Kenny got sacked? Definitely not, but it's long been apparent that we are fishing in a very limited pool and if it's not Carsley I think everyone else is roughly on the same level of major risk. 

I don't think his personality will be an issue for the job, I reckon he has softened a bit and wouldn't be all shouting and bust ups like some lads are saying. Especially with the age profile of player we have. But at the same time I think it's no harm getting in a manager who expects more of our players, we can't keep treating this squad like a bunch of kids forever, they have to learn the rough and tumble of the game and deliver results eventually. 

The problem is a huge number of people are absolutely obsessed with his supposed “personality”. Utterly obsessed and it’s going to be a constant circus in the media too. Every remark,every stupid question (and f**k me do our journalists ask them,they haven’t stopped asking players stupid questions this week) will be catastrophised. 

As for the Walters and Ward thing bust ups happen all the time between players/managers what do lads think it is High School Musical? About 2% of them are played out in public or are leaked Son/Lloris on the pitch and Guardiola/Cancelos training ground bust up are two of the best recent examples.

Edited by kevin100 - 28 Mar 2024 at 10:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 430>
  Share Topic