You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 429>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:15am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Does anyone here believe the FAI have signed contracts with a new manager but can't legally name him until April?

No not really.

I think the FAI were 99% convinced they would get their man - Carsley.

After they realised they won't get him.
They update the public to say an appointment in April - kicking the can down the road scrambling to find a candidate.

O'Shea was potentially in line as the next candidate, with 2 games to test public opinion and see if he can get results. He didn't get the results or the public backing and now I believe they will make a last minute scramble to hire some C list coach.

Yeap that’s it
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:16am
He’s down at 9/1 now on paddy
But we know the bookies haven’t a clue on this one

I put a small bet on at 33/1 once Balf.airy started speculating 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:16am
If you are the fai and you know no matter what you can have OShea but you may get Keane and O’Shea I think they will go for the double package with Kerr thrown in for good
Measure.  

It will be like Only Fools and Horses with Kerr as Uncle Albert. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:17am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

He’s down at 9/1 now on paddy
But we know the bookies haven’t a clue on this one

I put a small bet on at 33/1 once Balf.airy started speculating 

You hold my opinion higher than I hold it myself and that’s saying something 😀😀😀😀😀

By the way Keane did say he wanted to move back to Ireland at some point and he is back here every 3 weeks to visit his mother etc.  

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Mar 2024 at 9:18am
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:18am
Canham should be put on a rocket and fired directly into the sun if he’s taken 5 months and ended up with Roy 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:21am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Canham should be put on a rocket and fired directly into the sun if he’s taken 5 months and ended up with Roy 

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:22am
Roy Keane is the worst possible appointment we could make. That would confirm that The FAI do not have their sh*t together.

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:27am
Jon Walters to take Brian Kerr's role as the person sh*t talking the manager every Intl week on Virgin Media.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:30am
Let's face it. At this stage does it matter who the manager is? We can't get any worse. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:31am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Let's face it. At this stage does it matter who the manager is? We can't get any worse. 

We actually could get worse. Very easily.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:32am
To me it looks as if the FAI made an announcement prematurely. Unless they had pen to paper there should have been NOTHING about an announcement in April (due to contractual reasons). This is mental stuff. Still hoping my gut is wrong on this and they have someone half decent lined up. 

A very uninspiring international window followed by an even less inspiring manager appointment would be a disaster

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

I don't see how it could. I mean we struggle against minnows, can't win a match to save our lives and couldn't score a goal to save our lives. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:36am

I don't see how it could. I mean we struggle against minnows, can't win a match to save our lives and couldn't score a goal to save our lives. 

We can go from what we are to San Marino.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:41am

'Kin hell talk about hysterics LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:42am

Roy Keane is the worst possible appointment we could make. That would confirm that The FAI do not have their sh*t together.

My issue with Keane is that he seems totally ill suited to modern, progressive man management. Shouting the odds at players and having bust ups with them has long since had its day.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:56am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

'Kin hell talk about hysterics LOL

You need a sarcasm detector.
footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Keane sells tickets. Sky are sponsor. If he's still in frame this could fall together nicely for some. 

May as well be Keane as Poyet. 

Poyet would be much better than Keane. I'd give it to literally anyone before Keane. He'll be back on Sky making sly digs at Irish players within 3 years
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 320321322323324 429>
  Share Topic