Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 429>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:10am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Do we know WHEN Keane is supposed to have met the FAI? Could have been early in the process months ago and a dead story at this stage 

A poster on here said a very good source of his saw him in Abbotstown there in Feb anyway.  OShea was announced as the interim coach at that time too. 

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Mar 2024 at 8:11am
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:10am
Keano Thumbs UpHandshake
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Do we know WHEN Keane is supposed to have met the FAI? Could have been early in the process months ago and a dead story at this stage 

A poster on here said a very good source of his saw him in Abbotstown there in Feb anyway.  OShea was announced as the interim coach at that time too. 

Interesting! I'd still have him as a long shot 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Keane sells tickets. Sky are sponsor. If he's still in frame this could fall together nicely for some. 

May as well be Keane as Poyet. 
Any potential playoff opponents will be happier if its the Langer, less likely to have their dressing room looking like long kesh....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:18am

Interesting! I'd still have him as a long shot 

Patrick have him currently at 22/1
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:21am
I can see it now.  Classic FAI fudge.  Keane as manager and OShea as head coach.  Kerr as technical advisor. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:29am
Why would O'Shea be his number 2? He has put himself forward as the next manager and is not going to do an embarrassing  climb down. 

Ace coach Tony Loughlin will just have to dust off his Ipswich training bag and book a flight over. Yorkie will come in as a good guy in the dressing room.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:30am

I can see it now.  Classic FAI fudge.  Keane as manager and OShea as head coach.  Kerr as technical advisor. 

When you say it like that. 

Strap yourself in for a white knuckle ride. Player fall outs, players ostracized and post after post of that murph calling him tea boy. 

It will all end in tears. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:35am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

When you say it like that. 

Strap yourself in for a white knuckle ride. Player fall outs, players ostracized and post after post of that murph calling him tea boy. 

It will all end in tears. 

The main reason I want Keane to get the job (actually couldn’t give a sh*t) is I know it will annoy the fck out of murph and on the back of Kenny it will be 7-8 years of the lad being miserable about Irish football in his twilight years 😀😀😀😀

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Mar 2024 at 8:35am
AKA pedantic kunt
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:59am
I thought with Sky getting the gig this might happen.

T'will be a bit of craic anyway.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:02am
I really, really hope it's not JOS or Keane
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:02am
if it is Keane, why did we need an interim? No way he has contractual issues. He had been looking for a manager role for years so I’m sure his contract with sky has a clause. 

Doesn’t add up unless he is plan B
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:03am
His "the deal has to be right" spiel on Sky makes perfect sense now. He was obviously negotiating at the point. And nicely poised at 25/1Cool
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:07am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

if it is Keane, why did we need an interim? No way he has contractual issues. He had been looking for a manager role for years so I’m sure his contract with sky has a clause. 

Doesn’t add up unless he is plan B

Maybe that was Carsley and it fell through and Keane was number 2 on the list (hence why he said he was dealing with time wasters a few weeks ago) 

Who knows .  What we do know is that talk of a profile of a head coach is bullsh*t as we know now they have spoken to Coleman, Lennon and Keane (3 times) and Carsley at least once.  The only thing they have in common is that they all played around the same
Time 

Edited by Baldrick - 28 Mar 2024 at 9:08am
AKA pedantic kunt
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:07am
Will be worth it for the meltdown here alone Clap
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:09am
The Sky deal isnt really with 'big Sky', its with Sky Ireland. From their marketing budget etc. 

Just mentioning that as i don't think if it was Keane that we'd get "The Overlap" embedded in the camp or anything.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:12am
Didn't the FAI also meet Lennon multiple times, including in late February when they are rumoured to have last met Keane. Think this is a non-story. Need something to fill the back pages on a slow Thursday 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Does anyone here believe the FAI have signed contracts with a new manager but can't legally name him until April?

No not really.

I think the FAI were 99% convinced they would get their man - Carsley.

After they realised they won't get him.
They update the public to say an appointment in April - kicking the can down the road scrambling to find a candidate.

O'Shea was potentially in line as the next candidate, with 2 games to test public opinion and see if he can get results. He didn't get the results or the public backing and now I believe they will make a last minute scramble to hire some C list coach.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 429>
  Share Topic