Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sam Curtis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 11:18am
Linked with numerous premier league sides today 
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 11:22am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Given his skillset I wonder if he's one who might end up playing more as a deep lying midfielder as he gets older. Think his lack of pace will hold him back as a full back. He can probably be a good centre back, but that's going to be a seriously competitive part of the Ireland team for the next decade and beyond.
Think it takes a special type of player (Phillip Lahm) to be able to transition from full back to holding midfielder. You'd imagine that he'd make a good CB in a back 3.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 11:42am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Given his skillset I wonder if he's one who might end up playing more as a deep lying midfielder as he gets older. Think his lack of pace will hold him back as a full back. He can probably be a good centre back, but that's going to be a seriously competitive part of the Ireland team for the next decade and beyond.
Think it takes a special type of player (Phillip Lahm) to be able to transition from full back to holding midfielder. You'd imagine that he'd make a good CB in a back 3.

Yeah, right of a back 3 probably would be the most likely long term position for him I'd think from what I've seen of him.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 11:43am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Also Phillip Lahm was a midfielder when coming through the youth ranks at Bayern. Think Lee O'Connor played midfield at school boy level and underage for Ireland.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 12:04pm
Without going over old ground, O'Connor was ridiculously oversold because of his United connection and won a cap off the back of it. The fact that he came nowhere close to establishing himself at either United or then Celtic and ended up at L2 Tranmere wasnt really a huge surprise to me. 

Curtis on the other hand is 17 and asides from having played 50 odd senior games at LoI level, he hasnt ever looked out of place playing against good international teams at U19 and U21 level. His next move is important, but I'd be happy to wager that this lad will have at least 20 Irish caps by the age of 25. He's a proper natural footballer who sees and reads the game well. Same initials as Seamus and given the dearth of competition at right back (post Doherty), he could end up with as many caps imo.
Idah Dream!
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 12:25pm
Lack of pace is a bit of a concern for a full back. But he didn't seem excessively slow when i've watched him. Not all full backs are speedy wannabe wingers that is less prevalent than it was a few years back. There is still a market for defensive full backs and ability to slot into a back 3 is very helpful.

Not sure what his ceiling but has looked more ready for a decent level of football than most of the LOI players that have been drafted in recently for me. He will likely get only get league one squad offers maybe not sure about championship. Or sign for a good Premier league academy and go through the loans system I reckon.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 1:42pm
On the verge of signing for Sheffield United.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

On the verge of signing for Sheffield United.

They should get relegated and might lose a few bodies so hopefully he gets a shot next season in the Championship. Ideally they would loan him out to a mid table L1 team and get him plenty of game time. 
There’s a few Pats supporters who are Blades fans so they’ll be keeping an eye on his progress I’m sure 
El Puto Amo
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 4:42pm
Officially signs for Sheffield Utd
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 5:28pm
Meh
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 6:32pm
Expect a loan to Shams in a year and a half. Ah no but we could do with one of our LOI guys making an impact over there again. Been a while. Ogbene i suppose the last one.
I love beer gardens
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Expect a loan to Shams in a year and a half. Ah no but we could do with one of our LOI guys making an impact over there again. Been a while. Ogbene i suppose the last one.

No fooking way. Dead

He'll be bundled into the back of a van at Dublin Airport and headed straight back to Inchicore. Wink

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 6:38pm
He’ll be a senior Irish international in a year and a half.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 12:49pm
On the bench for Sheffield United today
The only way is up
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 2:05pm
Delighted for the lad. Cool 

Some step up in the space of 3 months. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2024 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Delighted for the lad. Cool 

Some step up in the space of 3 months. 

I’d imagine the rise has been accelerated by their injury list. They’ve a heap of fellas out. 
Still though, good experience for him 
El Puto Amo
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2024 at 5:15pm
Made his Premier League debut today, on for the last half an hour.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2024 at 5:19pm
Great to see. They'll probably hold on to him as 2nd choice next season considering they've a huge rebuild to do over the summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic