Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kasey McAteer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

His nickname will have to be Dave. 

Is he Jason's son

No 

If he was he'd be ineligible.

How do you know. Jason has an Irish passport therefore is an Irish citizen and would have been an Irish citizen when Kasey was born.  Therefore if he was his Dad he would be entitled to an Irish citizenship and an Irish passport.  

Edited by Baldrick - 19 Oct 2023 at 5:39pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 5:44pm

Is he Jason's son

No 

How do you know. Jason has an Irish passport therefore is an Irish citizen and would have been an Irish citizen when Kasey was born.  Therefore if he was his Dad he would be entitled to an Irish citizenship and an Irish passport.  

McAteer qualified for Ireland through a grandparent so is third generation.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 5:45pm

Is he Jason's son

No 

That wouldn't allow him to play for Ireland though. Great grandchildren can get citizenship in certain cases as you say, but they can't play for Ireland. Jason qualified through a grandparent so his son would be a generation out (unless of course the son qualified through his mother).
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 5:55pm

Is he Jason's son

No 

That wouldn't allow him to play for Ireland though. Great grandchildren can get citizenship in certain cases as you say, but they can't play for Ireland. Jason qualified through a grandparent so his son would be a generation out (unless of course the son qualified through his mother).

If someone has an Irish passport, their children can get one, if they have a passport they can play for the country. Going by that, he'd be fine.

Anyway, moot discussion, couldn't be his soon, we'd have long known. 

Edited by nvidic - 19 Oct 2023 at 5:56pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Has he got an English head on him?
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Kasey's Mom Has Got it Goin' On
Can't wait for him to get his first cap
LOLClap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:27pm

Is he Jason's son

No 

Trust me you are wrong.   Jason has an Irish passport and therefore is an Irish citizen. If Kasey was his son he could get an Irish passport as he would be the son of an Irish citizen. Where they are born is irrelevant.   FIFA allow anyone who is a citizen of a country to play for them.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:28pm
There is a Facebook page which is people on the internet correcting people incorrectly 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:34pm
But does he love The EIRE?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 7:00pm

[QUOTE=Healy52003][QUOTE=Baldrick]His nickname will have to be Dave. 

Is he Jason's son

No 

Trust me you are wrong.   Jason has an Irish passport and therefore is an Irish citizen. If Kasey was his son he could get an Irish passport as he would be the son of an Irish citizen. Where they are born is irrelevant.   FIFA allow anyone who is a citizen of a country to play for them.  
Having an Irish passport wouldn't be enough though. FIFA eligibility criteria specify you'd also have to have been born here, five years residency or parental or grandparental birthplace. Otherwise anybody could play for any country simply through having a passport dished out to them
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 7:08pm
If they are an Irish citizen then they can play for Ireland. 
FIFA rules outline it here.  The difference is that we hand out citizenship differently than many other countries.  We hand it out to a child or a grandchild of an Irish citizen as long as that person was an Irish citizen when the child is born.  Most countries don’t do that.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 8:29pm
Looks a good prospect from the little I've seen. Has good pace anyway. Already scored against Bazunu, Kelleher & Duffy this season.
Some highlights (he's no.35):

Edited by Greenie50 - 19 Oct 2023 at 8:30pm
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 9:12pm

If they are an Irish citizen then they can play for Ireland. 
FIFA rules outline it here.  The difference is that we hand out citizenship differently than many other countries.  We hand it out to a child or a grandchild of an Irish citizen as long as that person was an Irish citizen when the child is born.  Most countries don’t do that.  

Did you scroll down as far as article 6? 
ART. 6 NATIONALITY ENTITLING PLAYERS TO REPRESENT MORE THAN ONE ASSOCIATION 
1. A player, who, under the terms of art. 5, is eligible to represent more than one association on account of his nationality, may play in an international match for one of these associations only if, in addition to holding the relevant nationality, he fulfils at least one of the following conditions: a) He was born on the territory of the relevant association; b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant association; c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant association; d) He has lived on the territory of the relevant association for at least five years. 

There's no exemption specially for Ireland to those terms.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 12:08am

Is he Jason's son

No 

Trust me I'm not, you are.

You can qualify for Irish citizenship as a great-grandchild of an Irish born person provided that your parent, the grandchild, obtained Irish citizenship before you were born.

However this does not extend to football. In terms of qualifying through lineage FIFA rules only allow it to go back as far as a grandparent, not a great grandparent. So it's possible to have Irish citizenship and not be eligible to play for Ireland, albeit it's a rare occurrence.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Looks a good prospect from the little I've seen. Has good pace anyway. Already scored against Bazunu, Kelleher & Duffy this season.
Some highlights (he's no.35):

Best thing I take away from those clips are the runs into the box hes making and the areas he gets himself into in the box, really top class movement youd expect more from a striker rather than a winger.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 4:48am

Is he Jason's son

No 

He's eligible because of the GFA.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 9:17am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Is he Jason's son

No 

He's eligible because of the GFA.

Was waiting for somebody to mention the GFA as Newryrep's head would then explode.
The GFA has zero impact on eligibility to play for Ireland 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2023 at 10:06am

A cousin of mine is a Leicester fan and he speaks very highly of Kasey. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic