You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark O’Mahony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 3:18pm
Tbf getting Welbeck in was the logical change off the bench. Nice to see him get a start just a pity Brighton are stinking the place up atm.

They are awful to watch.

Edited by kevin100 - 28 Apr 2024 at 3:19pm
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 3:22pm
I'm not sure it was, watching the game Brighton kept letting the play break down in their defence and midfield, they were getting hardly any service up to O'Mahoney for him to do something with. The young lad playing at right back looked a more obvious choice to be replaced, he was way too slow getting on the overlap to provide them with some width.
We're decent enough..
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 3:40pm
De Zerbi does seem to like to moan about his own players, fine when it's working you can say "high standards" but Brighton have been pretty poor this season their league position flatters them so he doesn't come across well.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

De Zerbi does seem to like to moan about his own players, fine when it's working you can say "high standards" but Brighton have been pretty poor this season their league position flatters them so he doesn't come across well.

You think 12th place flatters them?
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

You think 12th place flatters them?

Oops, that shows I haven't looked too closely at the league table for a while. They were definitely like 8th or something last time I checked. LOL

But yeah their play has caught up with their league position now.

Edited by SC92 - 29 Apr 2024 at 12:32pm
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 10:47pm
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-41384752.html

DeZerbers says our Mark can be the new Evan Ferguson. Hopefully we'll get 1.5 seasons out of this guy too before they completely fade into obscurity.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

DeZerbers says our Mark can be the new Evan Ferguson. Hopefully we'll get 1.5 seasons out of this guy too before they completely fade into obscurity.

John Fallon wrote the article so De Zerbi probably said Mark would be the next Conor Sammon.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 7:38am

You were wondering why he wasn't in the squad a couple of weeks ago when he was injured Confused

Now, a 19yo lad out through injury has faded into obscurity Confused
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 10:18am
I'd like to see Sammon back involved
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

You were wondering why he wasn't in the squad a couple of weeks ago when he was injured Confused

All tongue in cheek I’m guessing. Not popular to be positive on here but to have 2 teenage strikers that potentially look set to feature prominently for the best talent/development factory in English football is a positive.

Imagine thinking that 4/5 years ago. De Zerbi been really positive on O’Mahony the last few weeks. 

Edited by kevin100 - 01 May 2024 at 10:26am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 10:32am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

All tongue in cheek I’m guessing. Not popular to be positive on here but to have 2 teenage strikers that potentially look set to feature prominently for the best talent/development factory in English football is a positive.

Imagine thinking that 4/5 years ago. De Zerbi been really positive on O’Mahony the last few weeks. 
It's OK to be balanced though. Yes, absolutelly agree. Having two young strikers in that is fantastic situation to be in.
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 11:07am
Never really did much at City. I'm not sure he is anywhere near Evan Fergusons potential but hopefully. A good few talents from Cork City academy making their mark now with a few more on the way.

Cathal O'Sullivan and Jaden Umeh next.
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2024 at 11:31am
The EIRE has always produced players to stop opposition playing football.  We don't produce players to play football ourselves.  Not going to happen due to the defective EIRE gene.

We are good at smashing our heads into walls and banging sticks together but lack any sort of artistic development due to this defective gene.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 1:16am
Looks to me it’s been over 24 hours since the last post on this part of the forum, and this post of mine doesn’t really count. 
First time I’ve seen that. 
A new low! We’re tired of it all. The hope is gone! Years of false dawns followed by disappointment followed by, finally, mass resignation. 

Now comes acceptance?
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Razors left peg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razors left peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 5:57am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Looks to me it’s been over 24 hours since the last post on this part of the forum, and this post of mine doesn’t really count. 
A new low! We’re tired of it all. The hope is gone! Years of false dawns followed by disappointment followed by, finally, mass resignation. 

Now comes acceptance?

They finally did it. The English have gotten revenge for Ray Houghton in 88... agent Canham has broken the Irish fan base 
Dont argue with stupid people, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 6:25am
Like i said i just don't care that much who get the job as it has been too long .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Like i said i just don't care that much who get the job as it has been too long .
It has to be Carsley, surely. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Now comes acceptance?

It's a low point for sure.
Very little to be excited about at club level from an Irish perspective.
The optimism seen at the start of the Kenny era has completely eroded.
Another Summer with no tournament football for us and to be honest, it may be a long wait for the next tournament the way football is in this country.

The manager-hunt hasn't helped for sure, but any manager is just make-up on a cow....we're just debating over how that will look.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic