You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 23/24

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Ibaraki Ibaraki wrote:

Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Walker having some Indian summer.

Juiced up to his eyeballs. 

Oh here we go.......

You think a 34 year old out sprinting a 20 something in the 110th minute is normal LOL

Its his pace what gets him out of trouble. Hes nuffink without pace mate. An average footballer at best

Oh, that's what it is then Big smile
Sponsored Links

Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:10am

Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Modric should have been red carded for booting the ball away. The time it took to get the ball back definitely had an impact on Bernardo's penalty. Poor execution though. Very unlike him. He had played well in the actual game. 

Rodri should have taken a penalty.

Real were fairly poor, but they have a freakish ability to win/progress despite performances. Heritage.

Walker's age is catching up with him now. He's 34 soon.

Haaland's finishing this season has cost City in certain games. He hasn't been as clinical. A lot of big chances missed in recent months.

City will be tired playing Chelsea on Saturday now. But Pep will likely bring in some fresh legs. The likes of Stones and Alvarez.

A 4th PL title in a row would make up for last night.

Red carding Modric wouldn't have had much impact on the outcome at that stage. But it was cute by him. 
Bernardo's never taken a penalty before in his career. Agree on Rodri not taking one, he took 2 cracker ones for Spain a few weeks ago. 

Walker was very good bar the mistake for the goal, but has been caught a few times this season trying to play offside with teams on a counter attack. Age has to catch up with him at some point, overall he was one of the better players last night. Probably heads to Saudi soon! 

Agree on Haaland, a drop off from last season. His link up and hold up play was pretty good last season but has gone to pot recently. I'm sure he'll regain form soon. For all how quiet he was I still think City looked a better side with him in it than in extra time with Alvarez on. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea win on Saturday, maybe extra time and penalties again. Brighton away next Thursday is a bigger game now

An unprecedented 4 titles in a row would be a great season, especially given most players have had a drop off in form following last year. Long way to go, but I suppose at least the fixture calendar is a bit lighter now!

It will be difficult to pick the players up, but I still think City have a great chance at progressing if they can shackle Cole Palmer. Might be a job for Ake if he plays from the right.

Chelsea are still very hit or miss.

A league and cup double would be another excellent season. I think United would beat Chelsea in the final if City don't make it. That's if they don't mess up vs Coventry, which isn't impossible. 

I do think City will win the league from here. 5 wins and a draw should be enough. They need to get the GD up just in case Arsenal match them. Arsenal could unravel from here though.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:31am

Oh here we go.......

You think a 34 year old out sprinting a 20 something in the 110th minute is normal LOL

Its his pace what gets him out of trouble. Hes nuffink without pace mate. An average footballer at best

Correct!

At fault for the Madrid goal last night Clap
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:31am

A lot of your post is negative Juicebomb, shows how spoilt City fans have become. They had the kings of European football camped inside their own box for about 100 minutes, outplaying them and restricting them to very few chances. 

De Bruyne's miss was the key one I thought. 
The game sort of petered out in extra time and I never fancied City on penalties. Would have kept Haaland on. He wasn't involved much but was creating a bit of space on the edge of the box as Rudiger and Nacho were glued to him. There was no real shape to the team when Alvarez came on. 

Of course it’s negative…city lost.I’m not bothered about having the “kings” of European camped on there box for 100mins.it took 80mins to get level and for all city’s control the real keeper had nothing over strenuous to do.KDB chance came in the 85ish minute,controlling the game for that amount of time I’d of thought and hoped city would of worked real harder chances wise.

Real where there for the taking and city never put the knife to their throat.real,for all their defending were comfortable.city’s substitutions were poor aswell…doku,who seems to only shine against lesser opponents,the only sub in 90mins!!!!f**king go for it…get alverez,stones etc on after 60/70mims.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:33am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Oh here we go.......

Correct!

I've already said that. 

An average footballer who's marked some of the top players in the world out of games countless times in the last few years and won a treble last season. Pocketed Vinicius jnr yet again last night. 

The pace excuse is silly. Its like saying Messi is nothing without outrageous dribbling ability or Ronaldo is nothing without a knack of scoring goals. Its part of the game. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:34am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

A lot of your post is negative Juicebomb, shows how spoilt City fans have become. They had the kings of European football camped inside their own box for about 100 minutes, outplaying them and restricting them to very few chances. 

De Bruyne's miss was the key one I thought. 
The game sort of petered out in extra time and I never fancied City on penalties. Would have kept Haaland on. He wasn't involved much but was creating a bit of space on the edge of the box as Rudiger and Nacho were glued to him. There was no real shape to the team when Alvarez came on. 

Of course it’s negative…city lost.I’m not bothered about having the “kings” of European camped on there box for 100mins.it took 80mins to get level and for all city’s control the real keeper had nothing over strenuous to do.KDB chance came in the 85ish minute,controlling the game for that amount of time I’d of thought and hoped city would of worked real harder chances wise.

Real where there for the taking and city never put the knife to their throat.real,for all their defending were comfortable.city’s substitutions were poor aswell…doku,who seems to only shine against lesser opponents,the only sub in 90mins!!!!f**king go for it…get alverez,stones etc on after 60/70mims.

In football sometimes you dominate games and don't win them due to missed chances. 
You can be disappointed that they lost but also accept that this will happen in cup football and be proud of how they played. Can't win everything every year. As I said last night its remarkable they were still in contention for the treble again in mid April

What difference would Alvarez have made coming on earlier? He was on long enough and had zero impact. Don't rate him at all. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 18 Apr 2024 at 10:36am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:39am

Oh here we go.......

Correct!

I've already said that. 

An average footballer who's marked some of the top players in the world out of games countless times in the last few years and won a treble last season. Pocketed Vinicius jnr yet again last night. 

The pace excuse is silly. Its like saying Messi is nothing without outrageous dribbling ability or Ronaldo is nothing without a knack of scoring goals. Its part of the game. 

He’s sh*te and the main reason you’d are out! Should have played Stones ahead of him.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Strange game which sort of sums up Citys season. They just aren’t as creative or clicking in the final third as last year which is understandable after the year that they had. 
Dominated the ball but poor in final third and for long periods never looked like scoring. 

There’s been a bit of a drop off overall and it’s hard to believe that they were still in contention for a treble before tonight. 
Failed to beat Liverpool twice, Arsenal twice, Chelsea twice, spurs once and Real Madrid twice this season to prove this. 

The Silva penalty knocked the stuffing out of that shoot out I thought. Completely changed the momentum  

First half was all crossed or chipped balls to the back post….second half was slow,sideways predictable passing in the last third.the main problem i see is defenders getting into positions were their advanced up the pitch but unable to play the “through” ball and therefore go either back or sideways thus slowing the play down allowing teams to get back and reform.

Walker was poor for the real goal.haaland a passenger again.grealish was workmanlike but he doesn’t possess the skill to go by players or if he does he doesn’t have the head to know when to do it.rodri quite aswell tonight.silvas penalty was a disgrace…I’m not buying that crap about the crowd holding onto the ball.

There also seems a lack of confidence to shoot when in good positions but the glaring thing is that city are actually a better side with foden in the middle.

What’s the alternative against a team that have parked the bus in their box.  They did the right thing by moving it and shifting it quickly out wide.  Madrid defended brilliantly but I find it hard to cheer for any team that sets up to play the anti football in the Jose mould.  Esp when they are the biggest club in the world.  

One team's financial doping kind of makes that a necessity. City brought on Stones, Kovacic, Doku and Alvarez. Madrid brought on someone (Militao) who's played 90 minutes all season and would've ideally been starting ahead of the 34 year old squad player Nacho, a 38 year old Modric, a former Man City castoff in Diaz, and Vazquez.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:41am
He's sh*te LOL

Follow Brendy for more fantastic football insight, in other news Harry Kane and Declan Rice are also sh*te footballers. And Evan Ferguson is absolutely world class, closely followed by Nathan Collins. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 18 Apr 2024 at 10:41am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:42am

Strange game which sort of sums up Citys season. They just aren’t as creative or clicking in the final third as last year which is understandable after the year that they had. 
Dominated the ball but poor in final third and for long periods never looked like scoring. 

There’s been a bit of a drop off overall and it’s hard to believe that they were still in contention for a treble before tonight. 
Failed to beat Liverpool twice, Arsenal twice, Chelsea twice, spurs once and Real Madrid twice this season to prove this. 

The Silva penalty knocked the stuffing out of that shoot out I thought. Completely changed the momentum  

First half was all crossed or chipped balls to the back post….second half was slow,sideways predictable passing in the last third.the main problem i see is defenders getting into positions were their advanced up the pitch but unable to play the “through” ball and therefore go either back or sideways thus slowing the play down allowing teams to get back and reform.

Walker was poor for the real goal.haaland a passenger again.grealish was workmanlike but he doesn’t possess the skill to go by players or if he does he doesn’t have the head to know when to do it.rodri quite aswell tonight.silvas penalty was a disgrace…I’m not buying that crap about the crowd holding onto the ball.

There also seems a lack of confidence to shoot when in good positions but the glaring thing is that city are actually a better side with foden in the middle.

What’s the alternative against a team that have parked the bus in their box.  They did the right thing by moving it and shifting it quickly out wide.  Madrid defended brilliantly but I find it hard to cheer for any team that sets up to play the anti football in the Jose mould.  Esp when they are the biggest club in the world.  

One team's financial doping kind of makes that a necessity. City brought on Stones, Kovacic, Doku and Alvarez. Madrid brought on someone (Militao) who's played 90 minutes all season and would've ideally been starting ahead of the 34 year old squad player Nacho, a 38 year old Modric, a former Man City castoff in Diaz, and Vazquez.

Not really that much difference in collective quality there on the 4 City subs and the 4 Real ones to be fair. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:48am
Doesn’t rate Alvarez but Walker is world class LOL

Rice showed his level the other night! Passenger in midfield.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:49am
You'd still have to wonder how Don Carlo ever ended up at Everton. LOL

What a resurgence. 

His career looked to be fizzling out after an average spell in charge of Napoli and midtable mediocrity with Everton. 

By the end of the season, at the very least, it'll be two La Liga titles, a Copa del Rey and a CL from three seasons in charge.

If he wins a 5th CL this year, he really is in a league of his own.

Probably the best man manager in history. Players love him. Commands respect.

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:51am

Not really that much difference in collective quality there on the 4 City subs and the 4 Real ones to be fair. 

are you joking 

I absolutely adore Modric but there is no way you can seriously say that City and Real's subs were much of a muchness LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:51am

Where did I say that Walker was world class?

Alvarez in midfield or the wing is one of the reasons that City have dropped off so badly this season. Some downgrade from Gundogan. He's a good replacement striker for Haaland. Similar to Gabriel Jesus. 

His performance at Anfield on the left wing was brutal, lost the ball constantly. 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

You'd still have to wonder how Don Carlo ever ended up at Everton. LOL

What a resurgence. 

His career looked to be fizzling out after an average spell in charge of Napoli and midtable mediocrity with Everton. 

By the end of the season, at the very least, it'll be two La Liga titles, a Copa del Rey and a CL from three seasons in charge.

If he wins a 5th CL this year, he really is in a league of his own.

Probably the best man manager in history. Players love him. Commands respect.

he's one of the greatest Clap 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:53am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

are you joking 

I absolutely adore Modric but there is no way you can seriously say that City and Real's subs were much of a muchness LOL

Stones is good, Doku is a bit meh, did well last night but flatters to deceive more often than not. Alvarez added nothing, Kovacic is a tidy footballer but didn't show much either. 

Madrid's four subs are hardly sh*te, Brahim Diaz a great little player, Modric had an impact on both legs when he came on
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:55am

Where did I say that Walker was world class?

Alvarez in midfield or the wing is one of the reasons that City have dropped off so badly this season. Some downgrade from Gundogan. He's a good replacement striker for Haaland. Similar to Gabriel Jesus. 

His performance at Anfield on the left wing was brutal, lost the ball constantly. 

He's played a ridiculous amount of football over the past 2 years. Alvarez. He could do with a rest, which he won't even get due to The Copa América being held in America this June/July.

16 goals and 13 assists this season. That's a very good return.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2024 at 11:00am
He's a good back up striker, just not a midfielder. 

A lot of players could do with a rest, no chance of it though with the schedule these days in world football. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 16>
  Share Topic