You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where do we go from here? (Manager Poll)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Poll Question: Kenny in or Kenny out?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
84 [79.25%]
22 [20.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where do we go from here? (Manager Poll)
    Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 11:31am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Why am I not able to vote in this poll ?
No Huns allowed Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 10:58am
great chance for hodge this season with neves and moutinho gone. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 10:56am
Why am I not able to vote in this poll ?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 10:31am
Our starting lineup next year will likely be 8 EPL players and 3 Championship, which is back towards normal for us. We still need a really top player to take us up a level though, hopefully that will be Ferguson.

Edited by The O'Shea - 15 Jul 2023 at 10:32am
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Cullen, Collins, Egan, O'Shea, Kelliher, Coleman, Doherty, Ferguson, Ogbenne.  9 likely PL players (to see significant gametime) next year (Kelliher apparently on for transfer to Wolves). That's off the top of my head, could be missing some.

That number would probably surprise some. 

Festy could well seal a starting spot in Serie A.

Add your Bazunus and Smallbones who are there or thereabouts. 

Is our standard of player really as bad as some say?

By way of comparison, Greece, who just wiped the floor with us, don't have anywhere close to that kind of representation at that level.  [Stuttgart and Trabonspor are not in PL class].  

If we do have some good players, and were always competitive under Mick, MON and Trap, then why are we so bad now?

Obafemi and hopefully Coventry & Hodge get more of a chance this season. It is definitely encouraging and you also have Manning at Southampton who should challenge for promotion. I think we've missed the boat with Carsley and can see him joining a Championship side early on in the season
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 8:53pm
Cullen, Collins, Egan, O'Shea, Kelliher, Coleman, Doherty, Ferguson, Ogbenne.  9 likely PL players (to see significant gametime) next year (Kelliher apparently on for transfer to Wolves). That's off the top of my head, could be missing some.

That number would probably surprise some. 

Festy could well seal a starting spot in Serie A.

Add your Bazunus and Smallbones who are there or thereabouts. 

Is our standard of player really as bad as some say?

By way of comparison, Greece, who just wiped the floor with us, don't have anywhere close to that kind of representation at that level.  [Stuttgart and Trabonspor are not in PL class].  

If we do have some good players, and were always competitive under Mick, MON and Trap, then why are we so bad now?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by williemc83 williemc83 wrote:

We have bang average players. Hard to know where we go from here. Lee Carsley might be an option. 
He’s actively recruiting our players for England. Are you serious?

Oi Lee, we'll give you 500k a year if you come manage us. Bring Tom, Denis and Liam with ya while youre at it, there's a good la!
Idah Dream!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 9:24pm

We have bang average players. Hard to know where we go from here. Lee Carsley might be an option. 
He’s actively recruiting our players for England. Are you serious?

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 7:57pm
Lee Carsley ffs
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 6:55pm

I wouldn't have that plastic back.  Cost us Euro 2000 and now looks like he is poaching our players for them across the water.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 6:32pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Yer fella E2016 has been consistent the past few years alright but I never really understood the tone of glee whenever we played sh*te under Kenny, maybe I’m picking up the posts wrong but sometimes those types of posts (not just from E2016) came off as delighted we’d been so poor because being right is more important than Ireland doing well.

And I know the same can be said the other way, it’s been a f**kin exhausting time supporting Ireland all the way back to Trap’s later days tbh. And as a supposed member of the Kenny cult, I don’t really like my views being characterised as a slave to one type of football and I hated being solid and hard to beat. That’s just bullsh*t, the problem towards the end of MON’s time and Mick 2.0 is not only were we playing hoofball, but we weren’t even hard to beat. It was just poison all round. 

As YTM says, there’s more options available here, I’d like us to be solid and a pain to play against but also looking to retain the ball when we can and play a bit of football. I also am not really keen on “look at how everyone else is playing, we have to do that”, would prefer to be a disruptor. One of my favourite Jack quotes was how every international side played the same when he took over, with the wee number 10 playmaker and everyone set up the same way, so he set Ireland up different. I’m not saying set up like that, but just think outside the box a bit, where are our strengths and talent - it’s certainly not midfield, so let’s design a method of playing that works to our strengths at the minute.

It’s clear now I was wrong on Kenny and am happy to admit that, I really felt he had horrific luck at the start but since Armenia last year I’ve felt he was out of his depth really. And maybe E2016 or whoever will find that frustrating or want to gloat that they knew all along, more power to ya, couldn’t really give a f**k about being wrong on Kenny, just want to get the next appointment right and I’m still gonna believe we’re capable of better football than the final days of MON or Mick’s lucky win away to Gibraltar - and we’re capable of much much better than last night. 

Well said 
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 5:43pm
Well if we score a few at home to a bunch of postmen and milkmen then it clearly means that last night was just a one off blip and it's time for the FAI to open negotiations for Stephen Kenny's contract up to at least Euro 2028.Smile
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 5:23pm
If we put a couple past Gibraltar we will see the turning a corner narrative getting a dusting down!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 5:21pm
Over 85% in favour of making a change as things stand. Looks like the support have made their minds up by and large.
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 3:36pm
The next appointment is key, as you say.

Even though the team is the worst we've had in 50 years, it has still (sporadically) played some good football in the last couple of years.

Kenny has never managed to build any kind of momentum, but that doesn't mean we need to resort to a type of anti-football with the next manager.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:59pm
Yer fella E2016 has been consistent the past few years alright but I never really understood the tone of glee whenever we played sh*te under Kenny, maybe I’m picking up the posts wrong but sometimes those types of posts (not just from E2016) came off as delighted we’d been so poor because being right is more important than Ireland doing well.

And I know the same can be said the other way, it’s been a f**kin exhausting time supporting Ireland all the way back to Trap’s later days tbh. And as a supposed member of the Kenny cult, I don’t really like my views being characterised as a slave to one type of football and I hated being solid and hard to beat. That’s just bullsh*t, the problem towards the end of MON’s time and Mick 2.0 is not only were we playing hoofball, but we weren’t even hard to beat. It was just poison all round. 

As YTM says, there’s more options available here, I’d like us to be solid and a pain to play against but also looking to retain the ball when we can and play a bit of football. I also am not really keen on “look at how everyone else is playing, we have to do that”, would prefer to be a disruptor. One of my favourite Jack quotes was how every international side played the same when he took over, with the wee number 10 playmaker and everyone set up the same way, so he set Ireland up different. I’m not saying set up like that, but just think outside the box a bit, where are our strengths and talent - it’s certainly not midfield, so let’s design a method of playing that works to our strengths at the minute.

It’s clear now I was wrong on Kenny and am happy to admit that, I really felt he had horrific luck at the start but since Armenia last year I’ve felt he was out of his depth really. And maybe E2016 or whoever will find that frustrating or want to gloat that they knew all along, more power to ya, couldn’t really give a f**k about being wrong on Kenny, just want to get the next appointment right and I’m still gonna believe we’re capable of better football than the final days of MON or Mick’s lucky win away to Gibraltar - and we’re capable of much much better than last night. 
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2023 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

There is a mass knicker entanglement amongst the SK supporter brethren (former)...and they probably see you as tormentor in chief! Throwing toys out of pram because you apparently upset John Nice. Don't think John was upset in the slightest, anyway he is big enough and ugly enough (sorry John!) to look after himself  

The likes of you are 10x more insufferable to listen to than the ones that backed Kenny. I'll take someone who didn't think SK was out of his depth over the likes of the absolute spanners on here who cant post a reply without labeling other posters as being in cults and f*cking brethrens!
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic