You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 10:48am
Do people really care about this competition?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 11:27am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yep. And it is an excellent PR win if you can get it. Hosting the event is also something of a money spinner, as it has expanded over the past 30 years.

I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s scandalous how far behind we have fallen, but it would be worth some pretty deep reflection and an effort to make us competitive again in the tournament. Our record number of wins is now tied with Sweden.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:21pm
The biggest pile of cow sh*te that's ever been dropped.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Ireland need to go all out next year now after Sweden tied level....that's what they should do, but we'll probably do it through the Late Late show and end up sending Crystal Swing or the likes. 

RTE know what theyre doing, its literally the premise of the Fr Ted episode. They dont want us within an asses roar of winning it and having to host it due to the astronomical costs involved.  
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Ireland need to go all out next year now after Sweden tied level....that's what they should do, but we'll probably do it through the Late Late show and end up sending Crystal Swing or the likes. 

RTE know what theyre doing, its literally the premise of the Fr Ted episode. They dont want us within an asses roar of winning it and having to host it due to the astronomical costs involved.  
But those days are gone now. The `new' eurovision is a week long event with huge sponsors, global audience, sell out venues and it's an all round bigger event. Its worth a fortune in revenue to any host economy. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 4:39pm
Also at the start of the night they had the overall leaderboard of countries that have won and commented on Sweden. It's as if they wanted her to win.

Sweden take it seriously though with their song choices. Who pick our songs?
My brother was in the Eurosong in the early 00's. Came second last, and because he'd already done it and they knew him they asked him back the year after, wasn't any better either.
The dark side.. And the light
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 4:50pm

I honestly can't understand how anyone takes it seriously. I presumed this thread was a wind up until I clicked in to it LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 6:31pm
If ireland didn't participate in it then I'd have no interest. Once there is a competition and Ireland are competing then it doesn't matter if its the world farting championships, I have an interest in it and how we go about winning. 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Yep. And it is an excellent PR win if you can get it. Hosting the event is also something of a money spinner, as it has expanded over the past 30 years.

I wouldn’t go as far to say it’s scandalous how far behind we have fallen, but it would be worth some pretty deep reflection and an effort to make us competitive again in the tournament. Our record number of wins is now tied with Sweden.
Excellent PR win for who? Is it not now a laughing stock rather than a show with a bit of talent? Rock in Roll Kids was the last time i watched it when it was half decent.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 10:50am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Excellent PR win for who? Is it not now a laughing stock rather than a show with a bit of talent? Rock in Roll Kids was the last time i watched it when it was half decent.

The host city. Like any city hosting a major event. There was significant focus on Liverpool over the past 10 days, and it is a major cultural event, that has evolved over time. The 'it costs too much to host' is redundant now, in comparison to when it was a smaller event in the 1990s, and in many was was predicated on Ireland hosting it four times in five years. Those concerns no longer exist.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:29am

The host city. Like any city hosting a major event. There was significant focus on Liverpool over the past 10 days, and it is a major cultural event, that has evolved over time. The 'it costs too much to host' is redundant now, in comparison to when it was a smaller event in the 1990s, and in many was was predicated on Ireland hosting it four times in five years. Those concerns no longer exist.

How do you know this?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:30am

Sound like an auld manLOL It's a bit of craic tbf. I enjoy it, can't take it too seriously
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:34am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

How do you know this?

This gives an idea of the figures involved and the potential gains. 

Edited by Borussia - 16 May 2023 at 11:35am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

This gives an idea of the figures involved and the potential gains. 

That article also illustrates some of the PR wins too. Thanks for the link, Borussia.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 1:38pm
I'd rather Dublin froze over than host this sh*tfest.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

How do you feel about Dublin hosting UEFA competition matches (finals etc)?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 1:49pm

Great 👍
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 1:50pm

Great 👍

Fair enough. Just look at it as a UEFA final for singing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic