You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurovision 2023
    Posted: 09 May 2023 at 12:39pm
The best week of the year kicks off tonight. Ireland up tonight in the first Semi-Final. Don’t really give us much of a chance of going through. My 7 year old daughter likes the song though LOLLOL

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 12:45pm
Can't see us getting through either. Song is too wishy washy. I think we have had better songs over the last 4 or 5 years and we haven't been close to getting out of the semi final. Were doomed for at least another year.
I love beer gardens
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 1:40pm
There was another song in the qualifiers hosted on the late late show that I thought was better and could have been a good song for the eurovision (some girl from west of ireland). 
I guess the boy band had more reach though as they have already a few songs in charts etc. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 1:50pm
Last year's song was bad - If anything this year's effort may be worse. Practically no chance of making it through. 
As mentioned above, Connolly's song would have stood a far better chance. It's no coincidence that she was the choice of the international jury.
For a country with such a tradition of singing and song writing we have some knack of send up with terrible songs. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:10pm
No cigar....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:12pm
Rightly gone home. A rubbish song, sung horribly out of key. Why the band felt the need to demote their regular lead singer to keyboards for a fella who couldn't sing is beyond me. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:14pm
Fairly poor performance from our lead singer tonight. Sounded out of tune. Every year when we got knocked out Marty Whelan says we deserved to go through. Don’t think we deserved to go through at all.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 09 May 2023 at 10:18pm

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:15pm
It was a shockingly bad performance. Didnt deserve to go thru. Did he botch that performance or what? Looked like it didnt go to plan or sumthing. No effects or anything. Brutal
I love beer gardens
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

There was another song in the qualifiers hosted on the late late show that I thought was better and could have been a good song for the eurovision (some girl from west of ireland). 
I guess the boy band had more reach though as they have already a few songs in charts etc. 

Aye I cant remember her name either but she was good alright and the song actually sounded like something you'd hear at Eurovision.

These lads are woeful, Coldplay wannabies. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 6:55am
Just send U2 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:22am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Just send U2 

I think that's what Wild Youth were trying to go for. Failed miserably though.
Actually I think it was just the main singer. The rest of the band likenthe sound was grand. If lead singer had of put on a great performance then it might have been different. 

That's two years in a row we have sent in something sounding off key. 
It's like we are sh*tting the bed each time.

For a country that prides themselves on music and the arts, not sure how we can't find an act to just put on a great performance that at least gets us into the final. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:41am

For a country that prides themselves on music and the arts, not sure how we can't find an act to just put on a great performance that at least gets us into the final. 

Sad isn't it. Only attended 9 finals in the past 20 years (none in five years), 6th place finish is the best achievement in the last 25 years. I accept that times have changed, and the type of songs have too. Also, the voting system split is not massively helpful to our cause. But either way, the song and performance can speak for itself. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:53am

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Just send U2 

I think that's what Wild Youth were trying to go for. Failed miserably though.
Actually I think it was just the main singer. The rest of the band likenthe sound was grand. If lead singer had of put on a great performance then it might have been different. 

That's two years in a row we have sent in something sounding off key. 
It's like we are sh*tting the bed each time.

Even a good performance wouldn't have saved that song last night.
Was pretty universally panned before the contest even happened. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 11:13am
look at countries like Sweden Norway Israel they are sending absolute savage performers. Loreen for Sweden already a huge star since winning before. What are we sending? Sh1te singers who cannot perform either. what was our staging last night compared to other? A guy walking down a staircase. FFS like. We have no imagination or creative thinking. We are light years behind other countries right now performance wise.
I love beer gardens
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 11:21am
Article on BBC said they were 'As wild as a wet face cloth'
Yer man looked a bit nervous. No charisma. And he's no Harry Styles so he can't pull off wearing that jump suit.
The dark side.. And the light
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 1:56pm
They should take the Irish selection show off the Late Late Show for a start. Have it as its own programme on a Saturday evening before Christmas or something.

As You Were
Three in a row
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

They should take the Irish selection show off the Late Late Show for a start. Have it as its own programme on a Saturday evening before Christmas or something.

This would help as the demograhic who watch the Late Late aren't the same as Eurovision votes.
They need to also have a serious look at how the finalists are chosen also.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 2:20pm
Back in the day it was a Sunday night in March where a standalone show would take place, and the voting would occur. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic