Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v France match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 29>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 8:57am
Losing 3-0 would also be a great result!

We could be on end of a serious hammering that could be the end of Kenny. However, I think France will take the foot off the gas and do enough to win the game.

Edited by horsebox - 26 Mar 2023 at 8:59am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 9:34am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Can see France allowing us have possession and waiting for us to make mistake when the ball goes into our midfield. We’ve shown we’re vulnerable when we lose possession and it’ll suit Mbappe and Kolo Muani. Ideally, we’d go ultra-defensive but I don’t think we’ve the players, or manager, for that. Never usually this pessimistic but a draw would be a great result.

Yes no f**king around at the back for this one please. Lump it clear when needed.

A draw would be one of our greatest results considering where France are and having the world's best player and where we are with our young team that is basically championship level apart from a few players 

Edited by t_rAndy - 26 Mar 2023 at 9:36am
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:14am
Any news on our injuries - Coleman, Idah, etc? Usually you hear reports daily on training but I've seen nothing since Wednesday's match.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:18am
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Any news on our injuries - Coleman, Idah, etc? Usually you hear reports daily on training but I've seen nothing since Wednesday's match.

Nothing apart from "they're doubts".
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:40am
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

Pre match press conference is on in around an hours time 
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:07pm
Idah is fit. Coleman still a doubt. O'Dowda has picked up a knock and is ruled out so Brady comes into the squad. Can see it being McClean and Doherty at full back now. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:08pm
Brady instead of Manning. I dunno about that...

The fume if Idah starts ahead of Ferguson.

Edited by Maccatacca - 26 Mar 2023 at 12:14pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:21pm
We will definitely build from the back. We will definitely press them high, at least some of the time. There is no chance we will just kick it away and soak up pressure. In my opinion 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:37pm
O'Dowda not 100% ruled out according to Dan McDonnell. I doubt he'll start if not 100% though. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:55pm
I wasn't really too fussed about Manning missing out if it was between him, O'Dowda and McClean for two squad places. But having Brady in ahead of him is a bit much. Brady is a squad player at Preston now and would get eaten alive for pace if he played in this game.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I wasn't really too fussed about Manning missing out if it was between him, O'Dowda and McClean for two squad places. But having Brady in ahead of him is a bit much. Brady is a squad player at Preston now and would get eaten alive for pace if he played in this game.
Thinking about it though, Manning isn't going to be brought in on a days notice. Bradys been in the squad before, knows how SK works, is likely to not get minutes anyway. Makes sense to me to call him up ahead of manning at short notice. Chances are he was probably in Ireland anyway 

Edited by wanderer - 26 Mar 2023 at 1:00pm
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Thinking about it though, Manning isn't going to be brought in on a days notice. Bradys been in the squad before, knows how SK works, is likely to not get minutes anyway. Makes sense to me to call him up ahead of manning at short notice. Chances are he was probably in Ireland anyway 

Manning was making the squads until last year hell know how Kenny works
Bizarre stuff calling up Brady when he's not even playing for his club

Edited by 84ccfc84 - 26 Mar 2023 at 1:03pm
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

We will definitely build from the back. We will definitely press them high, at least some of the time. There is no chance we will just kick it away and soak up pressure. In my opinion 
If we try build from the back we deserve to get hammered. Would be the perfect indictment of SK's incompetency.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:20pm

Manning will likely be his generation's Damien Delaney.

Trap ignored him, Kenny is ignoring Manning.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:26pm
The selection of Brady has a touch of 'tried and trusted' off of it.
edthered View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edthered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:38pm
The plan was probably the same as the other night. Start O'Dowda and bring McClean on when it's later in the game and he can get forward more.

McClean will prob start now with Brady to come on to deliver set pieces if we need something late on.

I think there is merit on Manning not just being in the squad, but starting. But he wasn't going to get a call up now over Brady for the reason above
Corey100 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 1:38pm
I think it is pivotal that we play a 3-5-2 tomorrow evening against the French, after seeing plenty of goals being conceded from outside the box such as the one against Latvia and Armenia its vital that we congest our defensive third of the pitch to limit the amount of shots that France will have. We play the usual "Kenny Ball" of fluttering the ball around or defense/goalkeeper we will be absolutely pulverized, resort back to old ways for this game and a draw will be a magnificent result.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:05pm
I've not seen a huge amount of PNE or Swansea this season, but I think the easy question is how is Brady's form vs Manning?

Maybe Kenny believes Brady can also fill a more central midfield role too, but surely Szmodics based on form should be the midfield cover?
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 29>
  Share Topic