You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v France match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 29>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 6:57pm
Disappointing news that France seem to know who Evan Ferguson is.

Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Disappointing news that France seem to know who Evan Ferguson is.

On a personal level for him its pretty cool to have Mbappe talkjng about you. I know hes only referencing him cause they are playing us but still. Id take that.
I love beer gardens
Corey100 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

The mighty (more like cocky) Danes, 2-0 up and coasting away to Kazakhstan, finishes 3-2. 

Anything can happen in football, including us getting a result tomorrow.

Couldn't of happened to a better bunch, they are a gang of arrogant bastards, on the contrary we could get something from the game tomorrow no doubts but the team selection has to be right and the crowd have to do their part also. Another night like Germany 2015 is needed in Irish football to reignite the spirits of the team and country, perhaps not this game but against Holland id say we can.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 7:20pm
Yeah, it's another sign of the impact he's making on the game.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by edthered edthered wrote:

The plan was probably the same as the other night. Start O'Dowda and bring McClean on when it's later in the game and he can get forward more.

McClean will prob start now with Brady to come on to deliver set pieces if we need something late on.

I think there is merit on Manning not just being in the squad, but starting. But he wasn't going to get a call up now over Brady for the reason above
This old myth of Brady’s set piece ability again ffs. He’s sh*tE at taking any dead ball , give it a rest.
No Pasaran!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by edthered edthered wrote:

The plan was probably the same as the other night. Start O'Dowda and bring McClean on when it's later in the game and he can get forward more.

McClean will prob start now with Brady to come on to deliver set pieces if we need something late on.

I think there is merit on Manning not just being in the squad, but starting. But he wasn't going to get a call up now over Brady for the reason above
This old myth of Brady’s set piece ability again ffs. He’s sh*tE at taking any dead ball , give it a rest.

The run of the spot jig before hitting the first man LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:18pm
Lots of moaning going on about Manning not being called up (balls.ie now jumping on the Bandwagon) but anytime I've seen him play for us I haven't been overly impressed.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:22pm
Coleman get through training today unscathed then?
Can only see him get 60 mins max if so

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Lots of moaning going on about Manning not being called up (balls.ie now jumping on the Bandwagon) but anytime I've seen him play for us I haven't been overly impressed.
What’s your plan. Play McClean until he’s 60. We needed to give someone a run in that position (5 or 6 games)and on club form. He was the best option probably. It’s a standout problem position for a good while.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:38pm

This one being trotted out again. He's been given 90 minutes ONCE. The majority of his caps have been 5/10 minute bleep tests. Plenty of mediocre players have been given more chances than Manning, including O'Dowda.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 10:52pm

Ffs, how many times as that? 😵‍💫
edthered View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edthered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

[QUOTE=edthered]This old myth of Brady’s set piece ability again ffs. He’s sh*tE at taking any dead ball , give it a rest.
I'm pretty sure Kenny remember Brady scoring a penalty and assisting from a corner against Armenia
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:29am
absolutely  buzzing for this match

I may be mad, but I think we could knick something tomorrow. 

We have always been good as underdogs and the time for building is over. Kenny would've been pouring over this match since November. The French would've googled us for the first time yesterday. I'm gonna put this down to blind faith. We have enough to have a go at them. And if we put in a passionate defensive performance we may just nick it.

Nervousness is through the roof already
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 12:42am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

absolutely  buzzing for this match

I may be mad, but I think we could knick something tomorrow. 

We have always been good as underdogs and the time for building is over. Kenny would've been pouring over this match since November. The French would've googled us for the first time yesterday. I'm gonna put this down to blind faith. We have enough to have a go at them. And if we put in a passionate defensive performance we may just nick it.

Nervousness is through the roof already

Strangely, I think playing sides ranked well ahead of us suits us much better. Nearly all of our bad results under Kenny have come against lower ranked teams but I could see us putting in big performances in the four games against France and NL.

I'd be shocked if we won of course but a score draw would not be impossible.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 3:43am
I'd like to see us go at France with the same See You Next Tuesday attitude that the Argies did in the final - flying into tackles and letting them know you're there.  

It really knocked the French out of their stride in that game. 

Keane on Overmars, McClean on Milik sort of stuff. 

Let them know they're in a game and it's not going to come easy. 

Would love to see McClean muller Mbappe first minute. 

Let him think "maybe not today".  

In the Dutch game, it was insane how much respect and space they gave Mbappe, nearest man was invariably 5 metres away from him when he got the ball.   It was no surprise that he took the absolute p1ss. 

Don't think it will happen though - Kenny's teams are many things, but they haven't mastered the art of being absolute c**ts to play against. 

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 6:30am
We absolutely flew into tackles in the 3-0 win over Scotland.

The same intensity will make the French take a step back.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 8:17am
The whole 'we play better as underdogs' and 'we're better against teams ranked above us' is a bit bizarre to be honest. Apart from the Scotland game, the highest/only teams we have beaten are Armenia, Luxembourg, Lithuania & Latvia. Granted we got a draw in Faro and beat Scotland but France are a different beast. I like the optimism though.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2023 at 9:11am
Loving the optimism here lads LOL

No early concession and we can build from there.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 29>
  Share Topic